Sequel: Safe and Sound
Status: Complete

Set Fire to Rain

Not me

Snow was falling outside of the castle, covering it in white sheets of beauty. I could feel the crisp cold on my face as I walked in the halls, crowded with students heading for the train. I was dressed in simple grey jeans and boots, with a grey tank top under a thick woolen jacket. I wore my house scarf on top and left my curls down, knowing that they would not frizz in the cold. I didn’t wait to look for Harry, we agreed we would only communicate if I initiated contact by patronus. We would not risk Draco being angry, or Voldemort noticing our contact.
Draco was leaning against a tall oak, in a black jacket that made his pale skin stand out even more. Girls giggled and tossed him glances as they walked by, but a single, razor-sharp glance sent them scurrying along. I may be trying to be a better person and walk in the whole “path of the light” and what not, but I could not condone any other girl looking at Draco that way. He was my dragon, and no one would look at him that way.
“I’d be careful when you look at people that way,” Draco slurred, pushing himself off of the tree, kissing me lightly on the way. “You might think you look terrifying- which you do- but you also don’t look any less beautiful.”
I smiled at him. “I do believe I should take that as a compliment.”
He smiled and took my hand, lacing our fingers. “Good. Come on, love.”
My breath came out in small puffs of smoke as we made our way to the train, squeezing hands for warmth. Draco still looked slightly off from the previous night, but he looked far much better than he had when he had been on the bathroom floor, swimming in his own blood. Somehow I was no longer panicking over him at every second of the day, although he seemed to think I was going to disappear again at any moment.
Blaise joined us in walking to the train and brightened the mood with his cheerful exterior. We would see him over Christmas break for the Christmas Ball. The Malfoy’s would be holding it this year, despite the absence of Draco’s father. It switched from house to house every year; last year the Goyle’s held it, this year it would be the Malfoy’s.
Once on the train, Malfoy, Draco, Blaise and I share a cart, closing the glass door behind us. The noise of the train was often annoying, and I wanted nothing more than to sit back and relax with the two people I loved.
Draco sat down by the window, opening his arms for me. I sat down easily next to him, leaning into his arms like it was the most natural thing in the world. And it was the most natural thing to me. Being in Draco’s arms felt like being home- I was comfortable, and I belonged like nowhere else.
The sound of the cart opening interrupted our conversation, and I looked to see Pansy walk in and shut the door behind her. Her hair was curled and her make up done nicely. I watched her with serious distaste, knowing it was no mistake that she was overdone today. Pansy’s attempt at winning Draco over seemed to be getting worse and worse. She was completely mental
“Hope you don’t mind if I join,” she said, plopping down next to Blaise. “All the other carts are full.”
“Can’t imagine why they left you out,” I said sarcastically, not bothering to look at her. “You are such a joy to have around.”
“With a soppy attitude like yours a blast ended skrewet is a joy to have around, Potter.”
I smiled at her. “So you think you resemble one too? Good, I was starting to think I was the only one.”
“You really think you’re clever, don’t you?”
“Yes I do, Parkinson, just like you seem to think that putting on makeup and doing your hair will get Draco to notice you. Pansy, I am sorry that you cannot find it in your heart to let go of Draco, but if you do not stop this relentless chase, I will harm you. That is the nicest way I can put it.”
She rolled her eyes. “What could you possibly-“
I was across the cart and at her throat in seconds, closing my fingers around her windpipe, earning a loud screech from Pansy as she clawed at my face and hands. Her screams were wild and savage but I refused to let go. Hands grabbed me from behind and yanked me off her, but not before I threw my foot out, kicking her in the nose. Blood spurted from her nose and her shrieks increased in volume and curses joined her screaming.
“You’re bloody crazy!” she screamed at me as Blaise dragged her out of the compartment. “I’ll kill you, Potter!”
“You will rue the day you said that Parkinson!” I screamed back, struggling against Draco’s strong grip. Rage filled me to the brim, and I felt like I was going to explode. The urge to scream was so strong that I had to bite my lip, even drawing blood in order not to let out a savage cry of anger.
“Reagan!” Draco said, voice demanding. “You need to calm down. Breathe.”
I began to relax slowly, and my breathing went from a rapid pant to deep, ragged breaths. Tears burned my eyes, and in my mind, I knew that there was no reason to get angry like that. My behavior was completely uncalled for, but she made me so angry. I would have suffocated her, I would have killed her in that moment if Draco had not pulled me off.
“Reagan,” Draco said loudly. “This isn’t you. Calm down.”
Draco was right: this wasn’t me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Facts :
Reagan's wand is 12 3/4 inch Aspen wood with a phoenix feather .
It's bone white , with flames around the handle .
Reagan still has uncontrollable anger .