Sequel: Safe and Sound
Status: Complete

Set Fire to Rain

Eavesdropping

“Crucio!” I bellowed, wand pointed at the fallen figure before me. Her screams echoed throughout the dungeons in the manor. Voldemort stood a few feet behind me, I could feel the cold radiating off of him. Bellatrix snickered in pure glee, clapping her hands together as she saw the witch suffer beneath my curse. I called off the curse and walked up to the wimppering figure and bent down.

I hissed in her ear, “Think about your answer, mudblood. When I come back, you will wish I used the cruciatus curse on your pathetic existence. Oh, and I’d watch out for the redcaps, they tend to sneak in here sometimes. Countless times those bloody creatures have left nothing but bones and blood. Quite annoying really.” I said the last part as if I were really wondering about it, not noticing that my lack of care was disturbing.
I turned to Voldemort who was smiling, quite serpent like with his eyes glowing. “My Lord, can I take my leave? I must not be late to catch the train to Hogwarts.”
He sighed, “Yes, yes go. But do not forget your task, Potter.”
I bowed, “My lord.”
“Quite the little death eater,” Bellatrix said absently, once I had left, cocking her dark, ragged curls. “Pity her bad blood.”
“Yes, pity.” Voldemort hissed after Bellatrix. “Yet quite useful. I might pain to see her die.”
*

The sun hung high in the sky, shinning hot and bright down through my window. I waved my wand absently, shutting the lid of my trunk, packed to the top with everything I would need in my arrival to Hogwarts. Checking to make sure I had everything, I called a house elf. One apparated straight into my room and levitated my luggage, fallowing me out of the room and down the stairs.

Draco half smiled at me, blue eyes dim and tired. His drunk levitated gently over the floor as well by the magic of a second house elf. Narcissa stood elegantly in a black button up coat even though it was summer, and black boots. She never swayed from where black, unless she was wearing a dark grey- which I thought gave off generally the same connotation.

Looking around before we left, I realized I felt anticipation. This was the first time people would see me, realize who I was, and see the potential that I had. I was going to the greatest school there ever was, and I would enter has the lost legend, the Girl Who Vanished. Harry Potter may be a hero, but I would be a legend. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. And I would be one of those legends.
“Ready?” Draco asked, searching my face.
I smiled, taking a deep breath. “The real question is, are they ready for me.”
*
Third Person

The scarlet engine on platform nine and three quarters let out a wail, signaling the final five minutes until the train pulled away on the tracks and away from the platform. Students ran around pushing carts, making sure all items were accounted for and parents fussing over the first years, terrified that they were sending their children into a death trap with the new terrors of the wizarding world.

Students said their final fairwells and shoved onto the train, trying to find compartments and old friends that they had only written letters to over the long summer days away from Hogwarts. There was a distinct feeling of tension over the train, all wondering which friend would not show up this year, what person lost a family to the growing list of missing witches and wizards. Distinct fear was in the air and it grew to a palpable extent as the train quieted suddenly.

Draco Malfoy stepped onto the train, glancing either way down the train. People stopped and looked at him, frozen in fear and awe. It was true, that Lucius Malfoy had been imprisoned in Azkaban, although certain people knew that it was not truly Lucius in Azkaban. Not anymore.

Draco’s blue eyes narrowed at people as he began walking on the train. Many parted like the Red Sea in front of him, as if he would use the killing curse on the spot. Many assumed that he was now a death eater, and it gave Malfoy a whole new edge, one that no longer labeled him as a bully, but as a murderer. But all eyes were torn away from him as a new figure stepped onto the train.

Whispers erupted as the girl with long, raven black hair followed suite of Malfoy. Her eyes were sparkling dangerous blue, darting from person to person as if to dare them to say something. Her cheek bones were defined and high, her lips full and her height slight. She was undoubtfully beautiful, but this mysterious girl had a look on her face that sent shudders down many… and many thought to themselves, that she looked so familiar, yet they couldn’t place it. Little did they know the resemblance was someone very famous, and on that very train.

Friends of Harry Potter stared at her, trying to figure it out, trying to understand why she resembled their friend in more than one way. It was impossible, that someone who was clearly involved in dark arts, and showing up on a train with Draco Malfoy was in no way relation to Harry Potter. He had no family, not even a God Father anymore after the past year.
Sticking her head out of the compartment to see the result of instant talk, the Golden Trio caught their breath as Malfoy glared past them and as the same girl that had caught them in the ally paused, baring her teeth in a very predatory, very animalistic gesture before smirking and continuing behind her companion.

They had no idea who the girl was, but Harry felt sick to his stomach suddenly, and his scar burned for the first time all summer. Something was different about that girl, so different that he could feel her presence, he could practically taste and smell her in a way that was disturbing to him. She was to close to him, and he fell back into the compartment seat in lightheadedness. He had to find out who this girl was before the train ride was over. He had too.

“Who are you,” a girl with shoulder length black hair and a face similar to that of a pugs asked the new girl as she sat down next to Malfoy. The new comers eyes sparked as she introduced herself smoothly, “Marliese DeMaur, transfer. And you are?”
The pug face girl frown, clearly unhappy with the girls arrival. “Pansy Parkinson, Prefect of Slytherin house, you better remember it too.”

The dark spark was still in the faux Marliese’s eyes when she replied coolly, “Oh I’ll remember to do so, Miss Parkinson, don’t you worry about a thing.”
The arrogance in Reagan’s voice was quite evident as she addressed Pansy. Blake Zabini who had overheard a piece of the conversation joined them, sitting slowly and examing the new girl. She was not what he expected, and something like dark power radiated off of her, making him almost uncomfortable to look at her directly in her eyes that flicked to him, probing him.

“Marliese DeMaur,” the fake said much more kindly to the boy, even extending her hand to him. He smiled, relieved that some of the coldness had washed out of her voice, shaking her hand and introducing himself.
“Where are you transferring from?” he asked the girl, curious. They did not often get a transfer- in fact, it was an oddity more than a rarity.
“Beauxbatons, but they were far to… prim for me there. Draco’s parents suggested to my own that I attend Hogwarts to further my learning and get the best possible, and my parents complied.”
“Interesting-“

“You must be awful close to call him Draco,” Pansy stated hotly, casting her eyes at Draco quite hotly. Draco looked at her for a single moment before casting his eyes away again, clearly not willing to deal with her. Reagan couldn’t blame him, and to her clear annoyance they both remained silent.

In that moment, black smoked filled the train, causing many to scream and jump up, coughing in the darkness. Reagan didn’t move, not phased by the silly prank. It would take a lot more than a bit of dark dust to scare the death eater or even catch her acute attention. In a moment the dust was gone, like she had previously predicted it would be. Draco was standing up and rigid, hand near his pocket where Reagan knew his wand was located. He was looking directly down the isle and the two young death eaters knew the same thing in that moment.

“Draco, sit down,” Pansy said, looking up at him with her bug eyes. Reagan rolled her eyes at Pansy and cast her blue eyes upward as Draco sat. Reagan lightly tapped him with her small foot under the table, trying to be conspicuous as she glanced towards the ceiling once more, Draco’s eyes fallowing her own. A luggage bag moved over the group, just barely but it was a clear indicator that someone was once again eavesdropping over their heads.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is really exciting , Reagan is finally revealed to the world ! comments or suggestions are welcome !

Reagan