Sequel: Safe and Sound
Status: Complete

Set Fire to Rain

Torment

The closer I got to the Great Hall the more I could see kids running past me, casting me glances and running into the Great Hall. Something was definitely going on, but I wasn’t going to pick up my pace. There was nothing so important to do with my brother that I would run to him. No, if I weren’t so hungry I may have even walked the other way. He was pathetic.
I could hear a lot of yelling and walked leisurely into the doors, casting my eyes to see who was in the middle of the chaos. Everyone was watching two people standing and arguing, even the teachers seemed to be watching rather than doing something. I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous staff and shoved people out of my way, sneering at hem as I did so. if anyone was going to see this is was going to be me.

In the middle of the ruckus, Harry stood, wand out and yelling. He looked infuriated, posture tense and neck straining as he yelled. Draco was at the other end of Harry’s wand, screaming at him with the look of disgust and fury all mixed in together on his face. His wand was at Harry as well, but they stood there arguing.

“I don’t care what bloody house she’s in Malfoy, stay away from her!” Harry bellowed, so aggressively that I was sure he was close to cursing Draco. I glared at him and walked right into the confrontation, looking at Harry with narrowed, razored eyes. I let my feelings poor out onto my face, something I rarely did, but when his face contorted into pain, I knew he saw the hate.

“Let me lay it down for you potter,” I spat at him. “I hate you. I hate everything about you and your Goddamn friends and your life. It were up to me, you wouldn’t be here. No, you’ve ruined everything. You think you’re such a hero, running around and saving everyone at the flick of a wand. That’s called luck not skill. You endanger everyone around you. Everyone. You are no hero. In time, those you love will die before you, because of you, because you lead them to death. What words did you offer Cedric Diggory before his death? Did you comfort him when you realized where you were?”

I walked right up to him, baring my teeth and putting my wand at his throat, pressing hard into his neck and leaning close. Letting him see the seething anger in my eyes, the disgust for him and every fiber of his being, and hatred for every time his heart beat. I could see the pain in his eyes, the desperate need for me to understand, the cringe at my words in his face.

“I will never be your sister, Harry Potter. We are two different people, siblings or not. Do not tread across my path so lightly, I don’t know when I may feel like you deserve to be punished for the life you live, and the life you’ve given me. Enjoy your breakfast, Gryffindor.”
The entire Slytherin population bellowed and beat the table with fists, cheering and snarling at all the onlookers. If they had any doubt about me being in their house before, it had vanished with the use of a few nasty words. There wasn’t a single doubt in any of their minds that I belonged to them now, and that I was fit to be a perfectly horrible Slytherin. But there was one in the Great Hall who turned and left, who did not care about my knifed words, or my forked tongue. They would die to save me from my darkness. But I didn’t not see him as he left the Great Hall.

“That was bloody brilliant,” a girl who I found to be Maleficent Bullstrode. “Did you see the look on that fools face? Look like lightning struck him, he did. You definitely belong here, without a bloody doubt. I like you.”
“Thanks,” I said smirking. “But I’m not here for friends.” And with that, I turned away from her. Leaving a bunch of my house with raised eyebrows. Draco who sat next to me look at me with an amused smirk.
“And my mother thinks you’re the polite one?” he asked, joking as he poured himself pumpkin juice.
“I am.. unless I’m being brutally honest.”
“Potter, Malfoy,” a voice droned behind them. They looked up to see Professor Snape looking down apathetically at us. I got the feeling that he wanted to be anywhere but here. Then again, he always looked that way. “Your time tables.” He passed us two small pieces of parchment that had all of our classes written for us. The good thing about Hogwarts was that it was block schedules so you only took certain classes on certain days.
“Let me see,” Draco said, not looking up from his own. I gave him the wait finger and looked over my own card.

Monday:
9:00-10:00- Advanced Potions
10:15-11:15- Divination
11:30-12:30- Ancient Runes
Lunch Break
2:00-3:00- Study of Magical Creatures

Tuesday
9:00-10:00- Herbology
10:15-11:15- Charms
11:30-12:30- Transfiguration
Lunch Break
2:00-3:00- Free Period
Quidditch Practice

Wednesday
9:00-10:00- Astronomy
10:15-11:15- Defense Against the Dark Arts
11:30-12:30- History of Magic
Lunch Break
Slytherin Quidditch Practice

Thursday
9:00-10:00- Arithmancy
10:15-11:15- Defense Against the Dark Arts
11:30-12:30- Advanced Potions
Lunch Break
2:00-3:00- Ancient Runes
4:00-5:00- Herbology

Friday
9:00-10:00- Transfiguration
10:15-11:15- History of Magic
11:30-12:30- Charms
Lunch Break
Quidditch Practice
4:00-5:00- Charms

It wasn’t bad and I was glad that I would actually be learning things, surprisingly. Sure, I knew a lot about magic but not the amount that I should have. I didn’t know as much as any of the other kids in my year, and I needed to catch up if not surpass them. The only saving grace was that I would excel in potions and dark magic and charms. The other classes I was actually going to have to pay attention to, which wouldn’t be a bad thing. It would give me something to do while Draco and I weren’t working on our task.

“Well, we have a lot of the same classes,” Draco said, scanning my time table. I noticed we had at least three classes together each day. The only thing I didn’t like was that I was going to have to make friends in classes that he wasn’t in. Which it happened that he was not in my first class.

I walked with Blaise to potions, which we shared. I let myself agree that I wouldn’t mind be friends with Blaise. He was rather nice and he wasn’t a complete idiot like I had come to find many Slytherin’s were. He spoke of his family and minor things as we walked down the hallway together. I saw Harry walking the opposite way, looking at me and giving me a pleading face. I sneered and waited for him to pass before turning around and pointing my wand at the strap of his bag. “Relashio.”

Red sparks flew from my wand to his strap, hot and burning as the torched the strap on his bag and fell to the ground, books spilling everywhere, clearly causing him frustration. “Gemenio,” I muttered before he looked up at me, disappointment etched like an easel. He pointed his wand at the objects just like I knew he would and muttered the summoning charm but instead of summong the objects, they all multiplied from my jinx. I laughed loudly at him as well as other Slytherins.

Harry Potter would not survive my torment.
♠ ♠ ♠
The joys of being a nasty sister . I know i'm making it hard to like Reagan , but trust me .. you will . comments <3