Status: Slowly Updating

In the Background

I Forgive You

I decided that I wasn't going to school today, so I got dressed and took Kimberly to school. I made my way to the Huntington Beach Cemetery. I got out of my car slowly, feeling the sadness around me, feeling a bit out of place, it's been a while since I've been here. Walking to the two graves of my parents, I sat in the middle of them.

"I miss you guys so much. Kimberly misses you too. Since you left, some great things happened. I made friends, I wish you could meet them. Though I don't know about you dad, they're mostly boys. One of those boys stole my heart. He changed, a lot. But I will forever be head over heels for him." Somehow I felt like they were sitting there in front of me. "I'm officially 18 today. Wish you were here to celebrate with me. But it isn't your fault." I whispered, wiping furiously at the tears that were cascading down my cheeks.

I walked back to the car and just sat there with my head on the steering wheel. This is why I never came here. I sighed and shook my head. I started the car and went back home. Outside was Jamie leaning against her car. The door to the house was open.

I walked inside.

"Hey Noelle." Jimmy whispered as he walked up to me. He sat down the box he was carrying and pulled out something from his pocket.

"I was going to give this to you a while ago, but things happened and I forgot. Here it is. I hope you like it." He dropped a small box in my hand.

"Happy Birthday." He said then walked out, closing the door behind him. I stared at the door for a second before looking down at the box in my hand.

I opened it slowly. Inside was a small diamond necklace. I smiled as I lifted the pretty gem out of the box, setting the case down on the table next to me. I put the necklace on, getting a feel of the weight of the new jewelry on my neck.

I had been in my room for the rest of the day. I just lay on my bed and listened to music. My thoughts were all about Jimmy. When he gave the necklace, I had seen part of the old Jimmy. As soon as I was starting to accept the fact that I had lost him, he comes and makes me fall for him all over again.

My thoughts were interrupted by banging on the front door. I groaned but got up anyways. Opening the door, I was hugged by Matt, then Kimberly.

"I went and picked her up since I knew you would forget. We also went and picked out our presents. Right now I need you to get dressed. I got an outfit for you." Matt handed me a bag then pushed me up the stairs.

I was confused but I went to take a quick shower before putting on the outfit he gave me. I looked in the mirror. I actually looked nice. The necklace seemed to tie the outfit together.

"So what do you think?" I asked as I walked down the stairs. Matt stared at me with his mouth opened, and Kimberly giggled and clapped her hands.

Matt hugged me. "You look beautiful." He whispered.

I picked up Kimberly and set her on my waist. "So why am I dressed up?" I asked as we went to his car.

He took Kimmy from me and set her in the backseat. "It's your birthday. So, we're doing something special for. That's the only reason I’m dressed like this." I looked him over, I never noticed that he was also dressed up.

We drove for a while before pulling up to the beach. He opened my door for me. He turned me around before putting something over my eyes.

"You're gonna have to wear this blindfold before we get to the spot. Okay?" I nodded my head.

We started walking. Matt had his hand on my arm guiding me to where we were supposed to go, since I couldn't see.

We stopped, and he removed the blind fold. "Happy Birthday Noelle!" Everybody screamed, surprising me. I smiled and looked at everybody that was here.

Ashley and Val ran towards me. "You look great!" They both gushed at the same while hugging me to death.

I laughed. "So do you." It was true.

"Let’s get this party started!' Brian yelled and so the party began.

The party was great. I was having a great time, even though I didn't want anything to happen on my birthday, this was by far the best ever. Nobody was drinking, which I was thankful for. I didn't want Kimberly to be around that.

"Are you having fun?" Zacky asked. We were sitting in the sand looking into the ocean.

I looked at him smiling. "This is the most fun I've had in a while." He smiled back at me and gave me a side hug. We sat in silence before being interrupted by Val.

"It’s time for presents then cake." She said pulling me up from my spot. I dusted the sand off from my dressed as I followed her.

They had set up two tables. One had food, cake included, and one that was filled with presents. Val led me to the table that held all the presents. I stood in front of it smiling at everyone that was crowed around me. Ashley stood across from me holding a camera.

She took a picture for every present I opened. After quite a few laughs, I thanked everyone. Matt, Brian, and Zacky took my presents to Matt's car before running back, so we could start cake time. I blew out the 18 candles and made my wish.

"What did you wish for?" Kimberly asked me as I gave her a sliced piece of cake.

I shook my head. "I can't tell or it won't come true." I said as I handed other people their pieces of cake. I had wished that Jimmy had turned back into himself, though I knew it wouldn't happen for a while. I still had to try.

The party ended later and I stayed to help clean up. Though everyone said that I shouldn't since I'm the birthday girl, but I still felt like I owed them that much. We finished cleaning and Matt was driving me and Kimberly home. He helped me bring all my stuff up to my room.

I put Kimberly to sleep and said goodbye to Matt. I was about to fall asleep when I heard knocking coming from downstairs. I rolled out of bed, falling on the fall as I did, and walked downstairs.

"Yes?" I asked threw my yawn. I looked more closely and saw that it was Jimmy.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk lately. I didn't notice until today. It's just that I've been so caught up in Jamie, that I forgot everything else. Will you forgive me?" I nodded my head and opened my arms, and hugged him. He hugged back and hid his face in my neck.

"I forgive you."