Status: Slowly Updating

In the Background

Just A Dream

I groaned as somebody poked my side. I was really tired of waking up to this.

"Time to get up Noelle." It was Jenny who was talking.

I merely nodded and stumbled out of bed to the bathroom, hoping the shower would wake me up more. Thoughts of last night jumped into my head. Was it real? It had felt more like a dream. I hit my head on the shower door and groaned. It had been a dream.

Sighing, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I got dressed and went to the kitchen to make myself a bowl of cereal. After I finished eating I put my bowl in the sink. I called Kimberly down so that we could leave. I grabbed our bags and locked the doors once we were outside.

I dropped Kimmy off and pulled into the school lot. I shut off the car and just sat there. I looked around. My life had changed so much. What surprised me was that I actually missed the way things had been before. I almost wished Val hadn't sent me that note. I most definitely wished I hadn't fallen in love with Jimmy.

Though some part of me was glad that all that had happened. I made some great friends. I was happy again, even after all the Jimmy drama.

I shook my head, grabbed my bag, and exited the car. I walked over to Ashley, and sat next to her. She hugged me, sensing my sadness. I just gave her a slight smile.

I don't know why but that dream of Jimmy had really thrown my off of my guard. I hated how it affected me so much. So I pushed the whole thing into the back of my mind and tried to have fun with my friends.

"I really fucking hate school!" Johnny groaned. We were walking to Matt's for our annual band practice.

I slapped the back of his head. "No cussing. You're still young." I said. He pouted and I sighed before hugging him.

"Why are you so nice to him but not me?" Brian whined. I gave him a look. He looked down muttering something. I slapped the back of his head. Though this time I wasn't going to apologize like I had done to Johnny.

I wrapped my arms around Johnny and laid my head on his shoulder as we walked. His shoulder was very comfortable. We walked into Matt's basement and set up our stuff. We started but were interrupted by a phone ringing. I whistled and looked away, everybody looked back at me. I smiled sheepishly before reaching into my back pocket.

It was Aunt Jenny. "Yellow, this would be Nellow." Is how I answered. I was suddenly in a good mood. Everybody laughed at me. I just stuck my tongue out at them.

Jenny laughed. "Hey, I need to take a trip to Germany for a few days. Family business. So is there somewhere you can stay at? I need somebody to take care of Kimberly, since she just finished school."

"Yeah hang on. Hey Matt! Can me and Kimmy stay here while my aunt goes to Germany for a little bit?" I asked him.

He nodded and I grinned. "Matt said Kimberly and I can stay at his house." I told her putting the phone back to my ear.

"Perfect. I leave tonight. I left you some money in the jar. Spend it wisely." She told me. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

We got back to practicing. I was sweating when we finished. I scrunched my face up. I didn't like it when I was sweating.

"Alright. I'll drive you home and we'll get your stuff and Kim. Sound good?" Matt asked and I nodded.

Everybody else had left when we were gone. I put Kimmy to bed early since she had a headache. Matt was playing his playing video games like always. I rolled my eyes and laid on his bed watching him play. I fell asleep after watching him play for an hour.