Status: Slowly Updating

In the Background

One Big Messed Up Family

I groaned as the light hit my eyes instantly waking me up. I stretched before rolling over. I opened my eyes as I hit another body. I scrunched my face up in confusion. Laying there next to me sleeping was Jimmy. I thought it was Matt that had put me here.

I shook Jimmy's shoulder trying to wake him up. "Jimmy! Get up" He moved slightly but that was the only response I got. I tried again and again until he finally groaned and opened his eyes.

"What is it?" He asked groggily rubbing his eyes, as if to get the sleep out of them.

"Would you like to explain why you’re here in my bed sleeping?" I raised my eyebrows. He was acting like nothing was wrong with this.

He shrugged. I gave him a look that said 'you better tell me the truth.' He sighed. "My parents kicked me out and I had nowhere to sleep for the night. Your Aunt said it was okay."

"Then why didn't you stay with Matt or Brian, Zacky or even Johnny." I counted off my fingers as I listed all the possibilities

He just shrugged again. I gave up and got out of the bed. I figured I would take a shower and clean seeing as Jimmy fell back asleep. I shook my before going to my closet to pick out an outfit.

After taking my shower I went downstairs to the kitchen. I saw a note on the fridge and I walked over to read it.

I got called into work early. I left money for you in the cookie jar. Ellie and Zoey went looking around town and they won't be home for a while. If you need anything call me, Love Jenny

I put the note back onto the fridge and walked back up the stairs to check on Kim. When I walked in she was on the floor playing with one her toys. I picked her up and she shrieked in surprise. I laughed.

"What do you wanna do today?" I asked her tickling her slightly. She giggled.

"Beach! Beach!" She chanted. I smiled. I remember all the times I went with my parents.

I sit her back on the floor. "Alright we'll go in a few. I'll call everyone else to see if they want to go. So why don't you go get dressed."

She nodded and ran off. I laughed and walked out her door shutting it behind me. I went back to my room and grabbed my phone off the side table. I called everyone and they said that going to the beach sounded like a good idea. I made Jimmy get up soon after.

"Do you have any clothes with you?" I asked looking him over. His clothes were all wrinkled from sleep. He shook his head.

"There all at my parents’ house." I didn't find it weird that he wasn't calling his house. I mean he did get kicked out of it.

"Do you wanna go stop and get your stuff? You can stay here if you want." I nodded and I gave him keys saying to go start the car while I went to go get Kimmy.

I made sure that I had all the things I would need for the beach. I also made sure to change before we left. Locking the doors behind me I walked to the car. Jimmy was sitting in the driver’s seat but I figured it was easier that he drive there then having to tell me directions.

We got Jimmy's stuff and we made our way to the beach. The car ride there was full of talking and laughter. I was happy to see a smile on Kim's face. We parked next to Matt's car and I took our stuff and walked to where everyone was. Matt and Brian were sitting on a blanket that had been set out and Val and Ashley were laying down getting a tan.

I set my stuff next to theirs and took off my shirt and skirt then laid down on the blanket as well. Closing my eyes I listened to everything around me. From splashing of water, to people’s laughter. After a while I got up to plat in the sand with Kim. By then Zacky, Johnny, Ellie and Zoey were all here. We were building a sand castle when everyone decided to help. When we were done it looked huge. I took my camera and took pictures. I also took pictures of everyone. Fist was a group picture, and then it was Matt and Val, and then next was Ashley with Brian, Ellie with Johnny, and Zoey with Zacky. Val insisted that Jimmy and I take a picture so we did. I also took a picture with Kim, and Jimmy decided to join last minute.

It was now night time and we were all sitting around a fire warming up marshmallows. Kimberly was asleep on my side and Jimmy's head was resting on my shoulder. Mostly everybody had a beer in their hands and we were all sharing random stories. I smiled. This was nice. It had been a long time since I felt truly happy. It was like we were all one big messed up family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it and I would appreciate it if you would comment on my story and tell me what you think of it.
P.S - I was thinking next chapter Noelle and Jimmy will confess their feelings to each other. Should they?