Frozen Kiss

It's All My Fault

~Zanthia’s POV~

I open my eyes. Everything hurts. I look around the room; it’s bright. I look down and Andy kneeling at the side of my bed holding my hand. I look at my arms; they’re all bruised. What happened? I couldn’t have… I don’t know what’s going on. I can’t hold back the tears; they sting my eyes and fall down my cheeks. I can’t stop myself; I sob so much I can’t breathe. Andy wakes up, his face is tear stained. He got up and put his arms around me.

“What happened?” I asked trying to breathe between sobs. Andy tightened his grip.

“I’m sorry,” he breathed.

From the corner of my tear-stung eye I see Tyde walk in and glide over to me.

“Andy, I need you to leave please.” Tyde said quietly. Andy kissed me on the head and then released his grip, wiped away his tears and walked out into the hallway closing the door behind him.

“Zanthia. I’ll bring the doctor in to explain what happened to you.” Tyde said tearing up. What’s going on? I have no idea what happened. Last thing I remember was being thrown into a car… and… and… No.

“Tyde… don’t tell me…” I sob. Tyde comes over and hugs me while the doctor closes the door behind himself.

~Andy’s POV~

The doctor walked into Zanthia’s room. I sit on the chair outside her room. Bradie and Shaun had gone home hours ago. I stare at the door and wait for something to happen. I put my head in my hands and silently cry. A loud crashing noise followed by Zanthia’s screams and crying jolted me. She’ll never recover, and it’s all my fault.