Just Visiting

Little Boy.

"You guys are driving me mad," he spoke, shaking his head playfully at his friends. A couple laughed in response, and one even stuck her tongue out. Hazi rolled his eyes around a chuckle. He stood from his chair and announced, "I'll be out having a smoke," before exiting the restaurant.
He walked around the corner, noticing immediately how much less busy this street is than the other, so with a smile on his lips he slides down the wall, taking a seat on the ground with his back against the wall. Pulling a stick from its pack he stuck it between his lips and flicked his lighter to life, igniting the end of his cigarette. As he inhales the fumes he looks around, his eyes darting from the couple walking down the street to the three girls across the street to the dog marking his territory and back.

After stubbing the cigarette out Hazi continued to sit there, watching everything around him. The street holding a peaceful aura that is drawing Hazi in, beckoning him to stay, but quiet never stays quiet for long. A young boy, no more than four, comes giggling and running down the street with an elder not far behind him. Hazi watches him with a grin, and laughs when them boy jumps on him shouting, "Daddy!"
"Hey, kiddo. Why'd you run away from Mrs. Rister?" The boy shrugs in reply and holds onto Hazi tighter, refusing to let go. Hazi turns his attention to the elder before standing up with the boy in his arms. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what's come over him."
"It's fine, dear. He just missed you." Hazi looked down at the boy in his arms and smiled.
"I miss you, Daddy," the boy spoke, pressing his face farther into Hazi's chest.
"I missed you, too." He kissed the top of the boy's head and rubbing his back in a calming manner. Not long after, a quiet 'awe' could be heard from not far off.
"He makes you soft." Hazi turned his head in the direction of the voice, spotting Wilson, his best mate.
Hazi shrugged at his friend's statement, "I have a soft spot for kids, always have. That spot is just bigger for Sid." Wilson held his hands up, showing he means no harm.
"No, I just meant, it's still weird for me to think of you as anything less than that cold, opinionated rebel in school," Wilson explained. Hazi shrugged and laughed, not believing his friend really had said that.
"It's been four years. Are you saying you miss me picking on you all the time?" This time, Wilson laughed, shaking his head in reply.
"Fuck no-" Wilson started.
"Language."
"Sorry. I miss you being the one causing all the problems. It's still weird." Hazi nodded in understanding, not knowing exactly how to respond. "Just so you know, you've got some stalkers." Wilson nodded his head in the direction of two girls, one who looked strangely familiar to Hazi. He smiled and sent a small wave in her direction, remembering where he'd seen her before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't really turn out how I wanted. Oh well.
It moves far too fast for me. This chapter, I mean. I'm not fixing it. If I tried, it would just get worse, so here is my apology.
Seems unimportant, but it introduces three important things to the story.

Have a blissfully morbid day. [:
xxBryy