‹ Prequel: Won't Turn Out Right
Status: Finished! Thanks for reading!

Les Oiseaux de Mauvaise Augure

Believe In Fear

I sat alone in the room, in complete silence, trying not to burst out into tears, for at least thirty minutes before I could hear footsteps behind me. My heartbeat picked up considerably, and I clenched my fists tightly. I closed my eyes and waited.

He was very silent. His footsteps were light. It wasn't Shadows or Synyster, that was for sure.

Suddenly I could feel his fingertips on my neck, trailing my skin lightly, leaving goose bumps. I tried to control my heavy, nervous breathing.

"Anna," my blood went cold and I immediately opened my eyes at his mocking sing-song voice. I struggled and tried to look behind me, but he gripped both sides of my head, keeping it looking straight. I suddenly felt dizzy. I closed my eyes again, swallowing hard. He moved some hair out of my face, tucking it back behind my hair. His mouth was right next to my ear, and his cold breath gave me the chills.

"Gerard?" I didn't mean for my voice to sound so unsure and wavery, but he made me so nervous. I could feel his lips curl up into a smile and my throat started to get a lump in it. He gathered my hair in his hand, smoothing it and letting it fall in front of my left shoulder. He started to kiss the right side of my neck. "I don't understand," I said breathily, still trying to control my tears. I could feel his teeth gaze across my skin. I grit my teeth.

"What's not to understand, Sugar?" He grabbed my biceps, squeezing tightly. I winced. "Oh, God, I want to dig my hands underneath your skin. Rip apart your muscles and scratch at your bones." I ground my teeth together so hard, my temples started to hurt. I felt a couple tears fall, and I sniffled. He chuckled. "But, not yet. I'm so lucky I got to know you so well, Anna. Charity." His mouth was still at my neck. He let go of my arms, and I let out a breath, letting out a sad shudder. He started to back up, leaving the room. As he left, I instantly started to feel better. "Oh, and Charity," he said with a hint of malice and joy to his voice. "I'm so glad you believe in fear. There are so few of us nowadays who do. Goodbye, Sugar."

And, he shut off the lights.

I screamed at the top of my lungs. All rationalization had left my mind. I had no strength for anything but screaming and fear.

It was completely pitch black. The windows in Shadow's office were closed and tightly covered with curtains.

I was alone and scared and stuck.

So I screamed and screamed. Until my throat was raw and my eyes were sore and all I could hear was the high-pitched ringing in my ears.

I kept my eyes closed.

"Bumblebee." I jumped at the sound of Jimmy's voice. It sounded close. Not in my head and distant like usual. It was clear and close. I started to breathe heavier, opening my eyes and squinting to see him in the darkness. "Bumblebee, please calm down."

"Jimmy?"

"You have to keep it together."

"Are you there, Jimmy? Can you help me?"

"I can't do anything right now."

"Jimmy, what am I going to do?"

"Be strong."

"I can't."

"Yes. You can." I closed my eyes. "You have to keep your eyes open." I closed them tighter.

"I can't."

"Yes," I gasped at the sound of a female voice. "Charity, yes, you can." A lump came back to my throat and tears instantly started to fall. I couldn't speak for a moment or two as I cried.

"Mom? Mom, is that you? Are you there?"

"Yes Charity. I'm here."

"Mommy," I gasped in, trying to steady my breathing. I sobbed. "Mommy, please help me." There was a pause.

"Charity, sweat heart, I can't help you either." I whimpered.

"Why," I whined out. "Why can't you guys help me?" I sobbed again. And, all of a sudden, someone's hand was on the top of my head, stroking my hair. I looked up and saw nothing but black.

"Sweat heart, we may not be able to help you, but you're not alone." It was my mother stroking my hair. I sniffled.

"You mean Joey?"

"Well, yes. But, there's another. There is an ally in this house. He can help." I held my breath, sniffling and trying not to start crying again.

"Who?"

"You've seen it in him before, Charity. I know you saw it in him." It was Jimmy who spoke this time.

I tried to steady my breathing.

"I'm just... I'm just so tired," I said, my voice getting more high-pitched. My breathing hitched again and I sobbed again. I felt another pair of hands on my own, squeezing supportively.

"I know Bumblebee. But, you can do it. I know you can." I sniffled again.

"I'm dreaming, right? Don't tell me I'm going even crazier." Jimmy laughed.

"Does this feel like a normal dream, Bumblebee?" I sighed shakily.

"No." Their hands were removed. I gasped. "Please! Don't go yet!"

"We'll always be with you, Charity."

"You just have to remember us."

"Believe in us."

"As much as you believe in your fears."

"And keep us alive."

"And we will never leave you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Herro once again!
Thanks to Hey It's Frankie for commenting again!!!
Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I had planned to write it a little differently, but this is just kind of what played out as I was writing. That seems to happen to me a lot.
It's raining today, and it's absolutely beautiful outside. I really want to write a lot today, but I keep getting distracted by stuff :)
Thanks for reading!! Please comment and let me know what you guys think of it! I really love reading your comments!