‹ Prequel: Won't Turn Out Right
Status: Finished! Thanks for reading!

Les Oiseaux de Mauvaise Augure

And We All Have... Therapy

The digital clock in the sound booth hit 11:59 just as the last song started to end. I pressed a couple buttons, fading the song out. Joey waved to me from the window, and I nodded back to him with a smile.

"Alright, guys and dolls, thanks for tuning in with me. You're listening to 84.5, your Indie station with a twist. I'll be back same time tomorrow for your early morning jams. Coming up is Ms. Lucy Cross for the afternoon, so stay tuned because she's got a great play list all set to go for you guys. Keep on keeping on, kiddies." I pressed another button and took off my headphones. Lucy patted my shoulder and I let her slide into my seat, handing her the headphones. I left the sound booth and let out a huge breath. "God, that felt great," I practically moaned out.

It really, really did, too. I felt like a whole new person. I had never felt so relaxed and so focused before. I was able to let my mind wander with the music. I didn't think about scary things or sad things. I just... thought. That's it. It felt so freeing.

I heard Joey chuckle from the couch. I glanced over to him. His feet were propped up on a table, his neck craning to the side to look at me. I fought back a blush. Again.

"How'd it go?" He mused. He had been listening to the broadcast out here, reading a book.

I'm in love.

"Absolutely amazing. You're not going to fire me, are you?" He laughed again.

"Heck no, you did great." He put his book on the table and stood up. "I gotta ask. Would you rather be paid everyday or at the end of the week?" I bit my lip.

"Everyday?" He nodded with a slight smirk. He went over to a cabinet and came back with two twenties. His hand brushed mine when he handed it to me, and I almost kept it there.

"I'm glad you had fun," he said with a contagious smile. "I'll see you tomorrow, Anna." I nodded.

"See you, Joey." I clutched onto my bag, and turned from him with a final wave.

-*-

I sighed.

"Okay."

I took my keys out of the ignition and put them in my lap. I... I was having second thoughts.

"Come on, you can do this."

I licked my dry lips, taking in a deep breath. I grabbed my purse quickly and darted out of my car before I had the chance to change my mind. I walked through the parking lot, not having enough strength to look up at the big gray building in front of me.

This was not okay.

My session started in about ten minutes, at one o'clock. It was only going to be an hour session, but I still didn't feel like it would be worth my time. The nurses at the hospital had been the ones to suggest group therapy. They seemed to think that it would be healthier for me to immerse myself into... well, into people, in general. They thought that by exposing myself to other people who have similar fears to mine, I might start to feel 'normal' again. I wasn't really sure, until now, whether they were bullshitting me or not.

I'm pretty sure they were bullshitting me.

-*-

I stood awkwardly in the corner of the room watching everyone talk. I gulped and started forward. I tried to scope out an empty seat in the circle, trying to find the one with my name on it. I soon found it out and sat down. I was next to a handsome man with pale skin, hazel eyes, and deep, black hair. When I looked at him, an image of a crow flashed through my mind. A black, elegant crow with glossy black eyes. He smiled at me, and I smiled back quickly. I let the image slip away.

There was a lot of commotion as the group therapist tried to get everyone to stop talking and sit in their assigned seats. The man leaned down to me.

"Bunch of crazies, huh?" I laughed quietly.

"Yeah." His eyes were deep and strong. He held my eye contact.

"What're you in for?" I bit my lip nervously, trying not to look away from him.

"I'm afraid of the dark. You?" He smirked

"Needles." He shuddered comically and I laughed again finally blinking and brushing a piece of hair from my face. "Hi," he said, sticking out his hand. "My name's Gerard." I placed my hand in his. His hands were cold and I fought back a shiver. The crow appeared in my vision again, and I blinked it away.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Anna." His smirk turned into a smile. His lip was crooked.

"It's a pleasure." I shuddered.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. We'll begin now." The room quieted down as, one by one, everyone sat down. The therapist was a middle-aged man with graying black hair and thick glasses. "Now, who's here today for the first time?" I slowly raised my hand and everyone turned to look at me. I let my eyes widen, embarrassed. I cleared my throat.

"H-Hi."

"Why don't you tell us your name." I wiped my sweating hands onto my jeans.

"My name is Ch-Tracey. Anna Tracey." I cleared my throat again, growing incresingly nervous by the second. The therapist nodded, scribbling things down onto a clip-board. I frowned.

What the fuck could he possibly be writing down already?

"Why are you here, Anna?" I blinked.

"I-I'm afraid of the dark." I expected to hear a couple of giggles, at least, but the room was dead silent.

"Very good, Anna."

Very good? Really?

"Why don't we all do a quick introduction. Gerard, why don't you go next. Name and reason for being here, please. We'll go right around the room." Gerard looked back to me with a smile.

"My name is Gerard Way and I'm afraid of needles." I nodded with an anxious grin. There were about ten people in the circle, and it took a little while to get through everyone. I didn't remember anyone's name besides Gerard's.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I'm sorry. This chapter's kind of cheap. You've read half of it already. I'm sorry. If I get enough comments on this chapter, though, I will post chapter 4 in a couple of days : ) Pinky promise.
Thanks to jskars and sam4ever for commenting on the last chapter!
Oi, I just got back from orientation at URI and it actually kind of sucked. Bullshit. Then I got into a fight with my father as soon as we got home. Then today he acts like it never even fucking happend. I have gotten little to no sleep this week and I am starting to get a cold. Fuck me sideways. This summer so far has fucking sucked.
Well, as always, thanks for reading guys! Subscribe if you like it and comment whether you like it or not. Thanks!