Wish.

Chapter one and only.

It floats past gently on the soft breeze. It shudders and swirls on the wind, and her eyes are drawn to it. It's skipping, tempting her. Reminding her of when she was little, sitting on the carpeted kindergarten floor, and that girl that sat next to her and knew everything told her that they were fairies. They were fairies, and if she caught one and then let it go, it would grant her one wish. She gives in and run after it.

Silly, she knows, as her left hand closes around the small, light object. Silly to be fourteen now, chasing after a fluffy thing dipping through the air. Silly to think that such a little thing - she doesn't even know what it's called - can grant wishes. Silly that right now, she's running through wishes, trying to decide what to wish for.

I want to be pretty. I want a boy to love me. Harsh words piercing her heart, telling her she would never be worth anything... I want to have real friends. They're laughing at her, aren't they? Pretty faces scrunched up in mirth, pointing and laughing, and it hurts so much, it's just a sound, how can a sound hurt so much? I want to make something with my life.

Selfish, isn't she? I want, I want, I want, only ever thinking about herself. There are other people in the world. She clutches the little, spidery thing tighter, berating herself. People who don't have homes, who don't have families and parents shouting, shouting, and she pretends it doesn't hurt but then she curls up under the covers and cries... who are starving and she can't eat anything, she won't eat anything, because then she'll be fat again, and everyone will be staring, staring at that girl... people who are dying, every day her heart is aching, throbbing in time with her criss-crossed wrists, and it feels like she's dying, why is she still here...?

She doesn't know. She doesn't know what to wish for, what to do, and as she looks down at her sweaty hand, the little thing she's been clutching at so tightly, the fairy, the fairy has fallen apart, and her wish has fallen apart. Her wish is gone. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited about fifty billion times. Please tell me how to fix it more. <3