‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Hard To Believe

Image

"How could you?" She rushed passed him into the bathroom, tears already running down her face. She slammed the door behind her.

"Cheyenne!" He followed her and tried to open the door. Locked. "Cheyenne, what did she say to you?!"

"It doesn't matter! You lied to me! You've been talking to her this whole time and you hid it from me!"

"Cheyenne you don't understand!"

"I understand just fine! I'm just another one of your games." She cried and stood with her back against the door. "I trusted you!" She broke down and started crying harder, sliding down the door until her bottom collided with the hard floor.

"Cheyenne it's not what you think! I didn't cheat on you! I haven't, never not once!" He tried his hardest to hold his composure, but tears were welling up in his crystal eyes. "I swear to God, I would never do that to you!"

"That's sure what it seems like. I'm your fiance! Missy is your ex! I am the woman in your life, not her. She shouldn't be calling you at all hours of the night wanting to talk to you! What is so fucking important!?"

"Cheyenne, nothing is important! Missy doesn't matter, it's never mattered!"

"Then tell me what you're hiding from me! You've been so different these past few weeks and I thought maybe I was just imagining it but I knew you were hiding something from me! So what is it?!" She rubbed at her cheeks and her head.

Bam paced back and forth in front of the door. If he told her: she'd leave. If he didn't tell her: she'd leave. Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Cheyenne listen, please." Bam begged.

Cheyenne stayed quiet. An indication for him to speak.

"Cheyenne, you are the only woman in my life. I know it's hard to believe, given my past, and my reputation, and the rumors. I've cheated before, I've hooked up, I've been to hell and back and it's no one's fault but my own. I've done a lot of bad things. But I swear to God that from the day you came into my life, to now, to forever on, I have never been, and will never be with another woman. I know it's hard, but you need to believe me. It's the truth. I would never bring that type of harm onto you. You've been through too much to deserve the shit I used to pull with women."

"I know it's wrong. I know that it makes me look like a player, and an asshole, and a horrible, horrible man. I will always regret my past and the decisions I made but I can't change the past. But you changed me. Everything about you changed me. Not one thought about another woman has so much as crossed my mind since I've been with you. I fought for you, and chased you. And I still don't know why, but it's because you're different. You changed so much. If you hadn't come into my life, I might not still be around. I would have overdosed on drugs, or I would have drank myself into a coma, or crashed my car. That's where I was headed before I met you."

"Chey, I love you so fucking much. So much more than I will ever be able to explain to you. I can't even express to myself the amount of love I have for you. I understand if you don't believe me. But I NEVER, ever, want to hurt you, or cause you pain or make you feel like I was with another woman. I would never do that. I never meant to hurt you. I promised myself from day one that I wouldn't let myself because I know that I don't deserve you and I didn't want to lose you. You're the best thing in my life right now, I don't want to lose that."

Bam was crying so hard at this point that he had to repeat words and take breaks to gather enough composure to finish a sentence. He was stuttering and shaking and raking his hands through his curls. His heart was breaking in his chest and he could feel it.

Cheyenne cried, hard, throughout his whole love confession. Her brain tried so hard to tell her it was lies, but somehow her heart found truth in all of the words he said. His heart was poured out on the floor, as if it'd slip under the door and encase her in a puddle.

Bam slid down the bed and sat with his back against the frame, butt on the floor. He sat across from the bathroom door and stared blankly.

Another hour seemed to pass by, and Bam just sat in his place, glued to the floor across from the door. Waiting, hoping, praying.
♠ ♠ ♠
The whole entire time I wrote this one, this song was on repeat. I realize it's a live version, but it's an amazing song and you need to listen to it. Hurricane- 30 Seconds To Mars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPIoaYh4NEE

The violin, along with the intensity of this chapter, made me cry. It's sad, I know. But this song, for some reason, reminds me of what's going on between Cheyenne and Bam. It breaks my heart. (And I'm the one writing it....)