‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Trust

Image

Cheyenne slowly opened the door to the bathroom and looked down at Bam. "If you supposably love me, then you should have told me everything from the start. Especially that you've been talking to Missy behind my back."

"I understand you're mad, Chey I'm so sorry I never meant to hurt you."

"I don't understand why you couldn't tell me." She didn't make eye contact with him.

"I just, I don't know." He murmured. "I was stupid."

"I don't know how to trust that you're not hiding anything else from me."

Bam's heart was pounding in his chest and he felt sick. "Come here."

Cheyenne stared at him for a minute, but the part of her that needed him no matter how mad she was at him gave in and cowarded over to his side. Bam pulled her into his lap and he held onto her tightly.

"Listen, Missy...Well, Missy and I might have a problem..."

"What type of problem?" She stared at the floor.

"I guess a few months back she found out she was pregnant."

Bam could feel Cheyenne tense.

"She doesn't know if the baby is mine or her boyfriends. She cheated on me and knew throughout the divorce she was pregnant and didn't tell me until she found out I was engaged to you."

"When does she find out if the baby is yours or not?" She murmured.

"Soon, she can get a test done soon to see if it's mine or not."

"If it is yours you'll go back to her." She didn't say it like a question.

"No, never. I already swore my heart away to you. I don't care what she says or does, even if this baby is mine, I'm not leaving you."

"Why couldn't you just tell me this when she talked to you? How could you hide this from me, this is huge! You could be a fucking dad, don't you think I would have found out soon enough?"

"Cheyenne, I told you I wasn't thinking. I am so sorry, I should have thought this through, I should have told you. I'm sorry, I was scared."

"That's no excuse." She looked away from him. "You should have told me."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"What are we gonna do?" She muttered and stared blankly at her feet.

"When we go home, I'll find out if the baby is mine or not within a few days after DNA testing or whatever the fuck they do and then we can go from there."

"This baby will change all of our plans." She whispered.

"No it won't, I'll still marry you. That will never change, I will marry you, I promise you that."

"I don't want her to take you from me." Cheyenne started to cry again.

"Cheyenne look at me." Bam turned her chin and frowned. "No matter what happens, I am only yours. No one will ever have me as wrapped around their finger as you do. You're the only one I want for the rest of my life, I promise." He whipped her cheeks.

"I can't afford to lose you." She whispered.

"You won't. I am your fiance, only yours. A baby will not make or break our relationship, I will not let that happen."

"This is a lot to take in Bam." She sat up and pulled away from him.

"Please forgive me Cheyenne..."

"It's going to take a lot for me to trust you again. Don't expect everything to just be normal."

"I love you, Cheyenne. I'm so sorry."

Cheyenne stared back at Bam. "I love you too, but that doesn't mean we're OK." She whispered.

Bam frowned and nodded, pulling her back against his chest.

Cheyenne stared into space and thought blankly about everything that happened. She didn't really want to stay, honestly, she wanted to go home.

"Tomorrow will be a better day, all of us will go out just like you wanted to." He whispered and kissed the top of her head.

Cheyenne nodded absent-mindedly and instinctively wrapped her arms up around his neck as he picked her up and laid her in bed. She turned over on her side and curled into a ball, facing the wall. Bam placed himself in the bed next to her and wrapped his arms around her, keeping himself close to her.

"I love you." He whispered and kissed her head gently.

Cheyenne stared into the darkness of their room and sighed. What the fuck was she to believe now?
♠ ♠ ♠
READERS!!! PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR AND TELL ME WHAT YOUR FAVORITE CHAPTER IN EITHER OF MY STORIES IS!!!!! PLEASE tell me what chapter is your favorite from either About Falling or Ready When You Are. If you don't mind, tell me your favorite chapter and also why it is your favorite ♥ I'll take either comments or messages. THANKS GUYS!