‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Pounding

Image

"Missy, we'll take you in first." A nurse said, coming out of a room. "It'll take longer to do the test for you. Bam, would you like to come."

He sighed and nodded in hesitance. He hated Missy's guts, and even though he would never admit it, some part of him still cared for her somehow.

Bam followed Missy patiently behind the nurse and absentmindedly ignored the instructions she was giving out. When they got to a room, Missy was told she had to put on a medical gown which Bam left for. As he returned, Missy was helped onto a special table. They had to examine her stomach and all of that bullshit before they could extract what they needed to find out who the father was.

Bam sat beside the table on a stool and tried to wait patiently but he was irratated and scared.

He watched catiously as the nurse started a machine and uncovered Missy's belly. She was quite far along. She put some jelly/lube looking stuff on her stomach and then placed a weird controller looking thing on her belly.

"There's your baby, Missy." The nurse smiled.

Bam stared at the screen in awe. Of course he'd seen this done on TV before and he saw the pictures of his sister-in-laws babies, but he'd never seen this in person. He was kind of pissed that this experience wasn't with Cheyenne.

Missy watched the screen and listened to the nurse. "Is everythong OK?"

"Everything looks great." The nurse answered. "We're fine to do the test now. I'm actually going to have to ask you to step out for this, Mr.Margera."

"Mmm that's fine." He grumbled and left the room.

As Bam left, another nurse came up to him. "Sir, I can take you in here for your blood test."

"Sure." He nodded and followed her.

"It is so nice to meet you, Mr.Margera." She smiled. She was young, and she was definetly trying to flirt. When she wasn't looking, he slipped one of his rings to his ring finger.

"You..too? I don't know you're name."

"Kat." She said and held out her hand.

Bam held his out and hand and shook hers. "Bam."

"I know." She giggled. "If I could just have you sit here."

"Sure." He sighed and sat down. He was starting to wish Chey could text right about now. He missed her.

"Which arm do you prefer?"

"Left, please."

She nodded and started getting everything ready to take blood. She cleaned his arm and tied a tube around his muscle and getting the needle and test tubes ready.

"Now, I have to take three tubes, so it should be quick and I'll have you out of here in no time."

He nodded and looked away as she stuck the needle in his arm. It didn't matter how many tattoos he had, he still secretly HATED needles.

"All done." She smiled and cleaned up his arm, wrapping a bandage around his elbow.

"Thank you." He murmured.

"No problem." She nodded and placed the tubes of his blood in a dish and set them aside, writing some things down on a few papers. "Now I just need you to fill out this on your medical information.

He took the clipboard of papers she handed him and started filling out the information. "Hey, how long does it take for this amnio-..whatever it's called- test results to come in?"

"It will take about 10-14 days for the results to come back." She answered.

"Shit." He ran a hand through his hair.

He handed over the papers to Kat and excused himself from the room and she thanked him for his time and patience. He waited outside of the room Missy was in.

After about a half hour or so, Missy came out fully dressed, holding some papers in her hand. "I'm done." She looked at him.

"I was told about 10-14 days." He looked at her.

"Yeah, that's what I was told too. I'll call you when I found out."

"K." He nodded. "I'm gonna go. I have a lot of shit to do."

"You going to LA next week?"

"Ya, that was the plan."

"Goodluck, be safe." She smiled weakly.

"Missy, even if this child is ours, there's nothing left between you and I. I may care about you, but I don't love you. And a baby is not going to bring me back to you. You understand?" He looked at her.

Missy stared at him in disbelief but tried to nod her head slightly.

"Call me when you find out."

He turned to leave and walked down the hallway the same way the nurse had led him when he first got there. He walked out to the Hummer and sat in the seat. His head had been pounding for hours. And it sure didn't stop at all now. If anything, it was worse.