‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

10 to 14

Image

Bam couldn't help but cry on the drive home. He might be a dad. And the worst part? The mom was Missy. He had experienced an ultrasound for the first time and it wasn't even with the love of his life. He had to go home to and otherwise empty house, when all he wanted to do was go home to Cheyenne.

"Hey Angie, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to get a puppy." He texted her, sitting in the Hummer in the driveway.

"Sure. Where are you?"

"Driveway." He answered quickly, composing himself.

He waited as Angie and Dunn left the house and came out to the Hummer. Angie pushed Dunn out of the way so she got the front seat and Dunn climbed in the back, half asleep, half drunk.

"You found a place?" Angie asked.

"Yeah, it's like an hour away. They have 5 for sale so we're gonna have to find one."

"You're actually buying one today?"

"Yeah, so it can get used to the house for Chey when she comes home." He answered.

"How did it go today, man?" Dunn asked after awhile.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that was today." Angie whispered.

"It was fucking weird as shit. Seeing Missy- pregnant. And I saw the baby."

"You saw it?"

"Through the ultrasound. I'm going to be so pissed if my first experience with that wasn't even my kid. Either way- I'll be pissed about something."

"Well when do you find out?"

"They said anywhere from 10 to 14 days."

"Damn." Dunn rubbed his head.

"It's going to kill me."

"Just stay distracted." Angie suggested.

After an hour or so, Bam pulled into a driveway at the end of a gravel road in the country. There were dogs running in a field beside the property and pens with dogs everywhere along with two barns. All you could really hear was dogs barking. A woman in her 60's came out of the house to greet them.

"Hi y'all. You must be Bam." She smiled and held out her hand.

"Yes, I am." He smiled and shook her hand.

As she shook the other's hands, she led them into one of the barns. "This is where we keep our Shibas." She smiled. "We only have two litters of Shibas, but only 5 are ready to go. So you can have first pick."

"Thanks." Bam smiled and followed her.

She opened a pen and allowed the three of them in, shutting the gate behind them. "The mom is Lily, and the puppies are all unnamed. Two orange, two black, and an albino."

"Which color do you think Chey will like the most?" Bam asked, kneeling with the puppies that all ran to him.

"One of the orange ones, definetly." Angie said, kneeling down as well.

One of the orange puppies didn't seem at all interested that they were there. Bam knew that a laid back dog would never get along with the upbeat, crazy life of the Margera clan. The other one on the author hand, was excited and jumping around. The puppy was also extremely friendly and had already warmed up to the three of them.

"I think this one is a keeper!" Bam said to the owner, Sandy.

"That little girl? Oh, she's my favorite. You'll definetly love her."

"It's a gift for my fiance." Bam smiled.

"Oh, how sweet! I'll give you guys a ribbon to wrap around her neck for when you give her to your fiance."

"Thanks." He smiled.

As Sandy got all of the doggy papers together, she told them information on grooming, bathing, shots, diet, and other vet involved stuff. She told them that her puppies were already ready to leave their mommies and they were all fixed. Sandy provided a free dog brush for the long hair, as well as some puppy chow to get them started, and a collar and leash of Bam's choice. He of course chose purple.

"Thank you so much for all of this." Bam thanked again.

"No problem! I'll call you in a week to see how she's doing and to check in. Feel free to bring her back for a play date anytime you want."

"Thanks, I'm sure my fiance would love to do that." He laughed and said goodbye again.

Bam got the puppy situated in the back of the Hummer and made sure they had everything that they needed. When they got back to the house, Angie voulenteered to run to the store and buy a dog bed and toys. Bam of course gave her money.

He spent the next couple days trying to potty train the puppy and keep his mind distracted from Missy and distracted from Cheyenne who he hadn't heard from in three days. If he was already like this after a few days, what would three weeks be like?