‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Peaches

Image

Cheyenne and Mollie walked through the Pennsylvania airport together on their way to get their luggage. It had already been a week and Cheyenne had so many pictures from the past month that she needed to get uploaded or developed. She had no memory left on either camera.

They enjoyed themself in Missouri and Cheyenne was able to catch up with and see family she hadn't seen since she was younger. They also got really tan from being in the sun everyday once again. The weather was hotter than hell there and being canoing on a river in the sun all day every day didn't help much at all.

Chey was definitely worn out, sore, and tired from all of the rowing and hiking they had done. But she didn't regret it, she enjoyed herself all-in-all and it gave her time to get her mind off of the chaos at home.

When Chey saw Bam waiting outside the gate for her she started giggling and ran toward him.

"Chey!" He smiled and hugged her tightly, spinning her in a circle."

"Bambi!" She sighed and hugged him back just as tight.

"I missed you baby! How was you're trip?"

"Good, good!" She laughed. "I'm ready to just sleep, I'm so tired."

She looked over at Mollie who was doing the same with her fiance, Mark. The two of them said goodbye again and discussed briefly getting together again before Mark and Mollie headed off to go home.

"Do you have more bags?" Bam asked her.

"Just one more, down at the baggage claim."

"OK, let's go." He smiled and held her hand tightly as they walked through the airport.

"What are you so excited about?" She laughed and squeezed his hand.

"That you're home!" He lied. Well, it was partially true. He really couldn't wait for her to see her present.

She raised an eyebrow. "The house didn't burn down did it? Vito's not missing an arm? Dunn's not bare-assed naked awaiting my return?"

"No, no, and...well, Novak might be but not Dunn." He laughed.

Cheyenne smiled and looked up at him. "I'm glad you're in such a good mood."

He nodded and grabbed her bag from the baggage claim. "Ready to go home, babe?"

"Of course." She nodded and yawned. "I've been ready."

Bam led her out to the Hummer and placed her bags in the back them helped her into the front. When he got back in he started asking her several questions about the trip.

"Did you drink?" He asked at one point and glanced over at her.

"Yeah, we got drunk a few nights but it was more of a buzz then being shit-faced."

"I bet you're ready for bed." He laughed.

"You have no idea." She laughed and rubbed her head.

"Did you have any ideas for the wedding?"

"No, but the girl I modeled dresses for in Hawaii is going to come up with a bunch of dresses for me to try on. So I'll probably try to get the dress checked off of our list."

"Have you thought about colors?"

"Yes!" She smiled.

"Have you?"

"Well I was thinking shit brown, piss yellow and vomit-"

"Are you serious?" She laughed and looked at him.

"No." He laughed too.

"I was thinking purple, black and white."

"You read my mind." He smiled.

"I was thinking silver at first but I decided no."

Bam nodded. "I like black and white."

"Like maybe the guest dress in either white or black as the attire and then the bridesmaids can have purple dresses and the guys have purple ties."

"And purple decorations like the cake and shit."

"Yeah, and the flowers."

"Sounds good."

"I'll meet with the wedding planner this week." She nodded. "We also have to pick who we want to be in the wedding party."

"Not to mention the guest." He murmured.

"This wedding is like a monster." She sighed deeply and sat up as they pulled into the long driveway.

Bam grabbed their bags once the stopped and got out and Chey led their way into the house. No one really seemed to be home. Bam led Chey up to their bedroom and set her bags outside of the closed door.

"Go on." He yawned, pushing her lower back towards the door.

"Sheesh." She laughed and opened the door, stepping in. "Bam, what's this?" She asked cautiously, notiving the big white box in their room with a ribbon tied around it. It looked like a present.

"Just go open it."

"I swear to God if that's Novak in there, I will flip Bam."

Cheyenne walked up to the box and untied the ribbon on top. "Did the box just move?" She looked at him.

"Keep going." He laughed.

She removed the top and automatically burst into a fit of "awwww's" in all sorts of tones as she lifted the orange puppy from the box. "Baaaaaaaaaam~" She drew out, talking to the puppy as if it were a baby." "Baaam, oh my god!"

Bam smiled and sat on the bed, watching her.

"Baaam! She's so cute!" Cheyenne held the puppy up so they were face to face. "Hi puppy!" She giggled.

"You like her?"

"Yes Bam! Thank you so much!" She smiled and hugged him tightly, the puppy between them, her happily licking both of their chins. "Bam, I love her!" Chey almost had tears in her eyes.

"I'm glad you like her." He laughed and pet the dog on the head. "I didn't name her yet, that's up to you. She's yours."

Chey smiled brightly and sat next to Bam, holding the puppy up and kissing its head and making kissy faces or talking to it.

"Bam you didn't have to do this!"

"I know but I wanted to." He smiled.

"I love her Bam!" She giggled and hugged the puppy. "I think I'll name you Peaches."

"Peaches?"

"Yessum!" She giggled and held the puppy up to Bam's face. "Say hi to daddy Peaches!"