‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Exploded

Image

"Daddy?" Bam thought to himself and smiled weakly. He wasn't ready to be called...daddy.

"Thank you Bam, I love her. I love you." She smiled.

"I love you too." He nodded. "I hope she can keep you company while I'm gone."

"Oh, I know she will."

Cheyenne played with Peaches for awhile and took pictures of her and sent them to her friends and family to show off their new little family member.

"Hey Bam." Chey smiled as she settled down into bed next to him that night. He was in his boxers and a tshirt and she copied him with only her undies and a t-shirt. Since the camera crew were gone, she had her own little video recorder in case there was something she wanted to catch on film.

"Hey babe." He looked over at her.

"How did the meeting with Missy go?" She asked cautiously.

"It was...weird." He looked away. "We got all of our samples or whatever taken. They say it'llbe anywhere from 10 to 14 days, which it's been 5."

Cheyenne nodded slightly and rubbed his knee. "I'm here for you baby." She smiled.

Bam looked back at her and tried to force a smile. He just had too much on his mind.

"Bam, what would you do if I got pregnant?" Chey whispered after moving up to cuddle into his side, still recording but didn't have the camera on them.

"Are you?" He looked down at her.

"I'm just asking." She defended and fiddled with her thumbs.

"I don't know right now, Chey. There's too much shit on my plate."

Cheyenne frowned. "You wouldn't be happy?"

"I didn't say that. I'd be happy, but bringing a baby into this world when I might be facing a custody battle? That's not healthy."

"Well you don't even know if it's yours yet so cut the bullshit Bam." She said and set the camera on the night stand after turning it off. "Yes, I realize that you are scared or nervous or whatever, I don't know how you're feeling because you don't tell me, but I haven't seen you in a week, I'll only see you tomorrow, and then I won't see you for who knows how long." She had pulled away from him to sit up and look at him.

"Stop fucking moping, please. I'm begging you. Be happy for what you have on your plate instead of upset or angry. If you do have a child, you should be happy. Whether it's mine, or Missy's, you might be bringing a child into the world and that's a really beautiful thing."

"You shouldn't be angry with anyone or sad about anything. I understand that things happened between Missy and you, and I've come to terms with that and I'm okay with the fact that I'm not the only girl to have come into your life. You need to be happy. And you've just moped. You moped in Hawaii, and you're moping tonight, The only night you will see me in a long time, Bam."

Cheyenne got up and rubbed her hand, muttering a few things to herself. And with that, she left the room.

Bam stared after her in shock. Was Cheyenne seriously yelling at him? Or was she joking about all of this?

He sat there and thought for what felt like hours to him. He thought: about Missy, about the baby, and most importantly about everything that Cheyenne had just exploded upon him.

Cheyenne stormed down the stairs, ignoring the fact she was only wearing a bra and a white shirt with lacey panties that at least covered her privates. Dunn, Raab, and Novak were all on the couch and of course all of them stared after her as she rushed through the glass door to go out to the pool.

"Chey?" Dunn had tried to ask before she shut the door, but it had been too late.

The three of them sat in silence for a few minutes before Dunn turned to Raab. All of them were trying to collect what had just happened.

Chey walked down the patio in her bare feet and into the small little canopy set up beside the pool with bug-netting around it.

She had hardley seen Bam and now she wouldn't see him for a long time while he was filming. And he just wasn't being himself. That was not okay to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's pretty short.