‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Confusion

Image

Bam slowly forced himself off the bed and drug himself down the stairs to the living room. All of the guys looked up at him, none of them sure of what to say. Dunn thought to himself: these guys have started to fight a lot.

"Where did he go?" Bam asked them.

"Out by the pool." Raab answered and turned his head back to the TV screen.

Bam sighed and walked over to the door and slowly pushed it open, closing it gently behind him. He felt like he was walking under water, like everything was just dragging along.

"Cheyenne?" Bam said, pulling the curtain aside to walk in with her.

She kept her head down and kept staring at the ground. Bam sat in the gigantic white moon chair beside and looked at her. "Come here." He said.

Cheyenne sat for a few minutes but slowly got up and crawled into Bam's lap.

"You're right." He said after a long silence. "I have been...moping. But, I guess I just don't look at the world like you do."

"I just wish you'd be happy. You could be having a beautiful daughter or son coming into the world, and even if you have to fight for them it will be worth it. And you have a fiance, who you're going to make your wife in a matter of months. You have money, and amazing job, and amazing friends. You have no reason to be sad."

Bam thought to himself about everything she was saying. He knew she was right, he just didn't want to admit it all to himself.

"I know." He murmured. "You're right. I just...can you be patient with me?"

"I don't have much of a choice. I have to put up with you if I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with you." She joked, earning a smile from Bam. Bam recieved a smile in return as he rubbed her legs.

"I promise everything will be better when I get back home."

Cheyenne nodded and looked up at him. "Please don't get yourself killed while you're gone."

"You know I'm always careful."

"Yea, you are. But still, that doesn't mean the others will put you in danger. I love you all, I just don't want to lose you or...have a vegetable as a husband before he's even really my husband."

Bam laughed. "Don't worry so much, I'll be home before you know it and everything will be fine."

Chey nodded and kissed Bam's jaw. "Text me."

"Every night I will."

"Promise?" She whimpered.

"I promise." Bam held up one of his pinky fingers. Cheyenne hooked it with hers and smiled up at him once again.

"No falling in love either when you're gone."

"I've already fallen as far as I can."

Cheyenne laughed slightly. "You're cheesy."

"But I'm cute." He smiled.

"True!"

"Come on, let's get back inside." Bam stood up, holding Chey in her arms bridal-style. She reached out to open and close the door from him and then cuddled into his chest as he carried her up the stairs.

Back in the bedroom, Bam shut the door and put Cheyenne down on the bed. She grabbed her camera and laptop and put them off to the side on her nightstand, turning the light off.

"Come here you." He said, pulling down her panties.

"Bam!" She laughed and watched him.

-

The next morning, Bam woke up to slobber and tongue all over his face. For some reason, he expected to see Cheyenne, forgetting they had a new family member. Peaches started barking little yips at him until he drug himself out of bed and into the shower.

Once he had finished and clothed himself, he walked down the stairs and down then another until her reached the Pirate Bar. He yawned and looked around to find no one around. He scratched his head and looked through rooms: the living room, dining room, everywhere he could think of and there was still nothing.

"Um..?" He muttered and wondered if maybe he were still sleeping.

He looked out the door and saw everyone's cars still in the driveway so he closed the door and went back to the other door. Out in the field he saw random people dressed in black running around, in and out of the woods, hiding and ducking under and behind objects in the back yard.

He rubbed his eyes, much to his amusement and displeasure that whatever was going on was really happening afterall. He looked at the clock and saw it to be a little past noon. He had until 8 that night to spend with Cheyenne.

He walked out to the patio and down to the field. All of them were armed with paintpall guns, and at closer view, some were in camo and some in black. Covered in mud, twigs, or whatever they could really find.

He stood there for a minute thinking: "What the hell?"

"GET DRESSED!" Someone yelled at him, running by, shooting at one of the others and disappearing into the woods.

Still confused, he went into the house and dressed in camo and found his helmet and paintball gun. One of them was missing, meaning Cheyenne was probably one of them out there. He went outside and took off into the woods. Everyone seemed to be shooting at everyone because they all had different paint colors. The only color Bam could find in the house was white, meaning that all of them were all against eachother.

This silent, woodland war seemed to last hours before all of them called a truce and gathered in the middle of the field.

"Nice of you to join us, Bambi." Cheyenne said, pulling her helmet off.