‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Emergency

Image

"What the hell was this about?" Bam laughed.

"We were bored when you were sleeping so we put ideas in a hat and this is what we got." Cheyenne smiled, taking her helmet off.

Cheyenne had neon purple, Bam had white, Dunn had bright red, and Angie had neon pink, Novak had neon green, Dico had neon yellow, and lastly Raab had neon orange.

"It looks like Cheyenne won." Dico laughed. Everyone was covered in a majority of Cheyenne's neon purple color.

"I had no idea you were good at this." Novak looked at Cheyenne.

"You're horrible at this." She laughed and looked at him. He was covered head to toe in paint splats.

"What do you want to do now, babe?" Cheyenne asked, wrapping her arm around his waist.

"Pool?" He asked.

"It's whatever you want to do." She smiled.

Everyone went inside to change to get in the pool. Cheyenne had already changed into her bikini and she stood beside the bed, braiding her hair. Bam came up behind her and gently kissed her neck, placing his hands on her waist from behind.

"Mmm..." She sighed and smiled.

"Quickie?" He murmured and kissed down her shoulder.

Cheyenne smirked. "Who's on top?"

"You pick." He smiled and slid one of his hands into her bikini bottoms.

The two of them walked down the stairs 20 minutes later. Well, Bam carried Chey on his back.

"It's about time, love birds." Raab teased in on of his voices.

Cheyenne rolled her eyes, used to the sexual jokes and what not that they always made. "You're just jealous." She stuck out his tongue.

Raab stuck his tongue out in return like a child and earned a giggle from Cheyenne.

Cheyenne jumped in and Bam followed suit. They swam for a few hours and even got the puppy in the pool who seemed to enjoy the water as well as the rest of them. Whether she was a dog or not.

When they finished swimming in the pool, Cheyenne and Bam showered together for the last time in a long time. Cheyenne and Dunn then voulenteered to cook dinner. Together they made homemade chicken wings and gravy, mashed potatoes, and Dunn made a cute little homemade salad. Well, Angie made the salad and Dunn supervised.

"Damn Cheyenne." Novak groaned in satisfaction.

"Can my woman cook, or what?" Bam laughed.

"I grew up in the south, food is like our religion." She laughed.

All of them enjoyed dinner and the girls enjoyed a few glasses of wine while the boys enjoyed their beer.

"Bam, are you all packed?" Cheyenne asked as she looked at the clock. It was already 6-o'clock at night and all of them were dreading saying goodbye.

Raab was leaving at 7 to go home to his girl and job. Dunn, Bam and Novak left the following hour for LA. Angie would be going to her own apartment, and Dico would probably go to his own house. That left the entire castle Bam to herself for almost a month. Slowly as it got later and later, her mood seemed to fall more and more.

Cheyenne glaced down at her phone which began to vibrate and rubbed her head, looking at who it was from she raised an eyebrow. Jake's mom was calling. Cheyenne sent her to voicemail and shoved her phone back into her pocket. If it were important, she would leave a message like she always used to.

It's sad because Jake's parents and his little sister had loved Chey. And she loved them too, but it broke her heart to tell them what Jake had really put her through. She didn't want to lose the connection she had with them, but it wasn't really worth it anymore.

The voicemail soon popped up on her screen, Chey knew this because her phone vibrated once more a few minutes later and she sighed.

Bam had gone upstairs to finish packing after they all said goodbye to Raab, and he thanked her for bringing him back together with his old best friend. Cheyenne and Angie cleaned up the dining room and kitchen and then she retreated upstairs to their room.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck-" Bam continued on and on as he threw clothes through his half of the closet, searching for the clothes he actually wanted.

Chey leaned against the door frame and watched him, shaking her head. She pulled out her phone as it vibrated once more and looked at the text she had recieved from Jake's mom.

"Please listen to my voicemail when you get the chance, it's an emergency."

Chey raised her eyebrow and threw the phone to the bed and rolled her eyes. It could wait until she said goodbye to her fiance.