‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

ICU

Image

Cheyenne drove the Hummer through West Chester to the airport, Bam in the passenger seat, and Dunn in the back. Angie had already said her goodbye's to Dunn, but she'd be flying to LA in a week, their goodbye wasn't for very long.

As Dunn and Bam talked the whole car ride, Cheyenne remained in silence. It was finally sinking in that she really wasn't going to see her fiance for a long time. Maybe they needed this separation for a while for Bam to get out of his nasty mood. She knew he'd be finding out within the first week of being gone what the results for the baby were. Cheyenne still didn't know how to feel, but one of them had to be strong. At least she tried to prepare herself for the worst.

Cheyenne pulled into the second terminal's parking lot and found a spot rather close to the doors. She got out with them and helped them with their luggage. Dunn carried his own duffle bag and pulled along one large suitcase. Bam pulled his large suitcase, and Cheyenne pulled the smaller one along for him.

The two of them were fucking around, pushing eachother into the revolving door and getting either their arm or their suitcase stuck in the door, causing a buzzer to sound. They must have found this amusing because they repeated their actions until security asked them to stop.

"You OK baby? You're awful quiet." Bam said and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I'm fine." She nodded and faked a smile. She had become the master of faking over the years.

Bam sighed and pulled her closer to him. Cheyenne took in a deep breath, keeping herself close for as long as she could.

Dunn checked the two of them in and they handed over their bags. Dunn kept one small bag full of shit for the plane. Money, chargers, a camera, and other shit that the boys would some how make a use of.

"Well, this is it." Bam said and turned to Cheyenne.

They stood in front of security and embraced eachother tightly. Bam lifted Cheyenne off the ground and hugged her tightly to him, kissing her over and over and telling her how he'd miss her.

"Text me when you land."

"I will, I'll text you every time I get the chance, I promise." Bam kissed her forhead.

They kissed on the lips once more and hugged tightly and Cheyenne pulled away, turning to Dunn who had been waiting patiently.

"Bye Dunny." She smiled and hugged him. He hugged back in a brotherly way and kissed the top of her head.

"Bye CheyChey, be good."

"I should be telling you that." She laughed and pulled away. "Please look out for Bam and don't get yourselves killed."

"Everything will be fine, we've done this twice already." He smiled.

Cheyenne quickly kissed Bam again. "I love you."

"I love you too baby."

"Be safe." She said lastly as the two of them walked into security.

Cheyenne stood and watched longingly after the two of them. She regretted not going, but there was too much to be done at home if the too of them wanted to be married by February, and seeing as how it was almost September, the only thing they had down that they agreed on was the colors.

Cheyenne waited and waved one last time, blowing Bam a kiss as the two of them waved at the other end of security and turned to head to their gate. She sighed and left the terminal, heading back out to the Hummer.

As she pulled herself into the driver's seat and turned down the load music, she pulled out her phone from her pocket. She played the voicemail Jake's mom Diane had left her.

"Hi Cheyenne, it's Diane. It has been so long we have spoken, but unfortunately I'm not calling to catch up."

Diane took a shakey breath, she had sounded like she had been crying. Cheyenne's heart sunk into her stomach and her heart raced on cue.

"Honey, Jake's in the hospital." She began again. "He got into a car accident, he was in the middle lane on the high way and a big-wheeler turned infront of him and cut him off. The truck didn't see his car. They hit and the car was just demolished. He's alive, he's here. He's in the ICU right now. His father and I are here with him. I know you two aren't together anymore, but I thought you still had the right to know what was going on. If you want to, you can call me back on this number. Bye sweetheart."

Cheyenne set her phone in her lap and sunk down in the seat. She stared out the windshield and into space. She couldn't believe he was in the ICU. Diane was always a serious woman, so there was no way this was a joke, but it still stunned her.

Cheyenne took a steady breath and pushed her hair behind her ears. She looked at the clock and it was nearing 9pm. She picked her phone up out of her lap and dialed Diane's number and waited for an answer.