‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

A Box Full of Gifts

Image

Cheyenne woke up the next morning and just sat there in her bed. She stared at the ceiling, studying the way April had made swirling shapes on the ceiling with her steady hand. She instinctively put a hand on her swollen tummy and thought to herself: "I'm getting my dress today."

Peaches was cuddle into her side, where Bam should have been. She lifted herself from the bed and went to the bathroom to shower. When she finished, she decided to curl her hair for trying on dresses. She wanted her hair to be down and curly for the wedding, so she at least wanted a general idea for the day. When she was done, she put on simple make up and retreated to the closet. There she pulled out a pair of black lace leggings and a nice gray stripped sweater that went about mid-thigh. It was already surprisingly cold outside and this outfit was warm, but simple enough to slide in and out of.

http://ww.makitamischief.polyvore.com/ (YOU CAN SEE HER OUTFIT HERE)

"Honey, can I come in?" Sharon knocked at the bedroom door.

"Yeah nana, come in."

Cheyenne smiled at her grandmother as she walked into the bedroom and sat down on the bed.

"What's up?" Chey asked and sat beside her.

"Well, I was supposed to save this for the morning or your wedding, but I got way too excited." She smiled excitedly.

"What is it?" She tilted her head and looked at her grandma with curiosity.

"Just some family stuff." She smiled. "I bet you didn't know great-grandma's name."

"Of course I do, I was names after her!" She smiled. "Cheyenne Victoria."

Her grandma nodded. "So beautiful. She met you when you were born, but you wouldn't remember." Sharon opened the box and took out a set of rings. Wedding rings- engagement and a wedding band.

Cheyenne gasped and looked at her grandma. "What are these?" She asked.

"They were my mothers. They are engraved."

Sharon showed her the beautiful engagement ring first. It had a main, huge, circular diamond as the center piece and several tinier white diamons circling it. The band was white gold, but it had diamons going down either side. The inside, though extremely small, was engraved. "Cheyenne Victoria- my love."

Cheyenne smiled and took it from Sharon. "That is so beautiful." She cooed.

"And it had your name."

She looked up at her. "She wanted me to have these?"

"Of course, you were named after her." She passed on the wedding band that had diamonds spanning the entire thing. This ring also had her name engraved in it.

Cheyenne slid the engagement ring on the ring finger of her right hand and admired it.

"There's more." She smiled.

"There is?"

"There is a lot in this box, but I'm showing you the most important things she would have wanted you to see." She said, pulling out a necklace. It was a heart-shaped locket that had beautiful engravings over the top, and her initials along the back: C.V.M.

"She had this made when you were first born." Sharon opened it and showed her the little picture inside. It was a small picture of her great-grandma holding Cheyenne as a baby. The picture was hold and had been taken in black and white.

"It's one of the only picture we got of the two of you." Sharon smiled and handed it to her.

"It's beautiful."

Well, it was her special gift to you."

Cheyenne slid the wedding band of her late grandmother onto the chain of the locket and put it on. "I love it."

Sharon smiled and handed over the box. "There's many more things in here." She pointed out several pairs of brightly shining earrings and a bottom compartment filled with bracelets and nacklaces of sorts, as well as two other rings and little pieces of old, worn out paper.

"Thank you, nana." She smiled and hugged her.

"Don't thank me baby, I'm just passing it on."

'And maybe someday I'll be giving this ring to my son for him to propose.' She thought to herself.

After Sharon left, Cheyenne went through the other things. She changed out some of her earring for the beautiful ones in the box. She had tons of ear piercings.

Image

This is Cheyenne's right ear, except she also has three pierces going up her lobe (where normal piercings are), going from bigger to smaller. So this ear has a total of 6 piercings.

Image

This is Cheyenne's left ear, except this one also has the three pierces going up her lobe, from bigger to smaller earrings. So this ear has 7 piercings total.

(These are my ears! (= )

"Honey!" Her mom called from downstairs. "It's time to go!"

Cheyenne smiled to herself, thinking of all the times that was yelled to her as a child. Maybe someday soon, she would be doing the same thing.