‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

At That Moment

Image

"Here is the first dress I brought." Vera held up a gown and waited for Cheyenne to strip. "I'm not sure it you'll like this one. It's not really one of my personal favorites when it comes to something for you."

Vera had two assistants that helped pull the gown down over Cheyenne's head. As she looked at the reflection in the mirror, she waited for them to pull together laces and pin up the back until it fit her just right.

Cheyenne looked in the mirror more carefully. It was a beautiful dress and it complimented her skin tone, but she did not find a liking to it all that much. Vera carried the train for her as they walked back into the showing room to her friends and family.

Everyone looked at her and a few of them commented here and there.

"I never thought I'd see my baby in a wedding dress." Her mom teared up.

"I don't know about this one, though." Sharon looked her up and down.

Chey nodded in agreement. "It just isnt me. I don't like the mermaid style on me."

"You'd look better in something more...full." Angie commented.

"You look so pretty though!" Madison, Johnny's daughter complimented.

"Thanky you, honey!" She smiled and smoothed out some ripples in the dress. It had extraordinary bead and lace work, but it just wasn't screaming...yes.

"You look hot though!" Chris yelled and laughed.

Cheyenne walked back into the changing room and waited patiently as they undid the ribbons of lacing. It was one dress off, and then another pulled on. She tried on three more, but none of them seemed to be the one. She knew Vera wouldn't let her down, but she was starting to feel hopeless. None of these dressed made her heart skip a beat, like she had hoped for.

"I saved the best for last." Vera smiled and held up a blindfold.

Cheyenne covered her eyes and tried to help, yet stand still as much as she could as they dressed her. Cheyenne could feel the ripples of fabric and lace and beads and elegant designs beneath her fingertips. Something inside of her changed and she could feel it. She rubbed the fabric between her fingers, she could tell how much time must have went into Vera's detail.

"This was the first one I actually made my hand and put together by myself since I opened my business. I've been far too busy. But when I met you, you inspired me. I have never put so much effort into a dress before in my life." Vera sounded like she had tears in her eyes. "And I have never seen someone look so gorgeous in one of my designs before. You look...perfect- stunning, beautiful, elegant."

Cheyenne hadn't even seen the dress yet and she felt her eyes welling up with tears. "Come on, lets go show everyone."

Vera and the assistant helped her into the showing room and onto the little circular platform. The room that was just loud and filled with excitement and noise was now quiet. Not solemnly quite, but speechless.

"Oh my god." Amy and April whispered at the same time.

Vera stood on her tip toes to take the blindfold off of Cheyenne. She kept her eyes closed for a few more seconds. Her heart was racing in her chest as she took a deep breath. When she opened her eyes, her hand automatically came to her mouth and she smiled so big, the tears welling in her ears. At that moment, she was entirely alone with herself. All she could see was the gorgeous girl, with beautiful long curls, a veil of lace on her head, and a dress that head hours upon hours sewed into every inch. She saw the fairytale princess she dreamed of being when she was a little girl, and all of her life before her.

She had started to lose hope that she would ever see herself like this- as a beautiful, grown up woman, ready to be married and spend her life with someone who actually made her feel like she could accomplish anything.

At that moment, she was beautiful, and speechless of the beauty of her own body. The things she'd never taked time to notice before. Her stunning green eyes, and the way her body was really so regal and elegant.

The tears in her eyes started falling and she embraced her mother tightly as everyone had stood to hug her. Her mom, grandma, Sharon, Mollie, Angie, and April were all either in tears, or almost in tears. Johnny and Chris were speechless.

"This is the one, mommy." She whispered and whipped her cheeks of the happy tears.

"I know baby, you look amazing."

Everyone was complimenting her and touching the dress. It was as if, at that moment, everyone was in a trance.

One of Vera's assistants put a tiara on her head and adjusted the veil so she could have a better idea of what it would look like on her wedding day.

Cheyenne turned to Vera, tears still in her eyes. "I will never be able to thank you for that you have done for me." And with that they hugged, tightly, and Vera rambled on about how beautiful she looked and how it was all her pleasure. "This is more than I could have ever asked for." Cheyenned smiled.

And in that moment, Cheyenne knew she had the most blessed life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I've narrowed it down to these two dresses!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VHP7696
They were ultimately the most voted for in the other poll, so I NEED you guys to go in and really chose whish one you like more. There's not that much time left! Please feel free to vote more than once, ALSO, the poll for the wedding boquet IS STILL OPEN. So you guys can openly vote on that as well. If you have ANY suggestions, please feel free to message me or comment and let me know what you'd like to see either in the following chapters, or at the wedding itself.

Thanks guys! I really do have the greatest fans ever!
♥Makita