‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

April and Emma Mix

Image

"I found a dress." Cheyenne smiled at Bam. She was laying in bed on her tummy, looking at Bam on the screen of her laptop as they chatted.

"That's good to hear." He smiled. "Let me see it!"

"No!" She laughed. "That defeats the purpose."

"I know, I know." He laughed and looked at her. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." She nodded and rubbed her arm. "When will you be home?"

"I'm still not sure." He frowned. "I'm sorry."

"I understand." She nodded.

"Have you been meeting with Sidnie?" He asked about their wedding planner.

"Yeah, we've gotten together almost every day, she couldn't make it to the dress shopping, so she's going to come see it tomorrow and keep it with her so we don't ruin it here."

"What do you mean 'we'?" He laughed.

"You know exactly what I mean." She rolled her eyes.

"Hey Bam, we're going out, are you coming?" Steveo asked. Cheyenne couldn't see him, but she heard him ask.

"Yeah, give me a minute."

"Drinking?" Cheyenne bit her lip.

"Here and there, but not really."

Cheyenne nodded silently.

"I have to go, but I will talk to you soon."

"Sure." She nodded.

"I love you, goodnight."

"Love you." She murmured and ended the call. "Thanks for the five minute talk." She sighed.

She understood Bam had his priorities, but as his fiance, she wished that she were higher on the list. In a few months they'd be married, and she had hardly seen much of her fiance since he had proposed.

"Johnny, I was wondering if I could fly out tomorrow night?" She texted him quickly and then set her phone on the dresser.

Raab had ended up coming back, something for one of the lines of work he had gotten into, and the two of them decided to go out to dinner and drinks together to talk a little. She liked Raab, he was nice and gave off a brother-like vibe, the same as Dunn (who was always there for her). She figured that Bam's friends were as good as her's by now and wanted to be able to go out with them and hang out too.

"Of course! I'll buy your ticket and let you know what time! Bam would love to see you." Johnny had texted her back.

She thanked him and proceeded to shower and dry her naturally wavy hair. She put on subtle make up and a nice dress. She pulled on lace/white heels and pinned parts of her hair out of her face to show her still proudly tan skin.

Image

"Hey I'm outside." Raab texted her.

She locked Peaches in her crate in the kitchen and then turned the lights off. After pulling on her jacket, she proceeded to leave the house.

"Hey!" She smiled as she got in the passenger side of Raab's car.

"Hey, how are you?" He smiled back and hugged her as best as the car's space would allow him to.

"I'm good I guess." She nodded. "And you?"

"Tired." He laughed and started driving. "I've been flying all over the place, it's taken a lot out of me."

"I bet." She frowned. "Well I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's no big deal really, I'm used to it."

"Does Emma miss you a lot?" Emma being Raab's new model girlfriend.

"Yeah, she does. She wanted to come with me this time, and she was going to, but she couldn't get out of her photo shoot.

"That sucks."

"It does, but I'll be staying in LA for a few months after this."

"You're not going to come back here?"

"Ive been thinking about it, but it's hard with Emma because of work. The closest we could come to here is like New York City, but we'll see within this year."

Cheyenne nodded.

"So how have you and Bam been?" He asked.

"I haven't seen him in like a month." She sighed. "It sucks, but I'm flying out tomorrow night now to see him."

"He'll like that."

"I hope."

"There's no reason why he wouldn't" He smiled.

Cheyenne smiled back as Raab parked the car in the parking lot of a small Italian restaurant in town. He got out and walked around to Cheyenne's side to open the door for her.

"Thanks." She smiled.

He nodded and walked into the restaurant behind Cheyenne, holding the doors behind her as she led them inside.

They sat down and had a nice little dinner together, talking and laughing, enjoying the new friendly atmosphere they had established together. Raab had a few beers, and Cheyenne had a few wines. They decided to stay and drink well after their dinner was finished, and Raab talked about how he had gotten expelled, all of the tricks and pranks, and then how he and Bam had a falling out a while back.

"Do you mind if I crash as Bam's tonight?" Raab asked as they got back in his car.

"I don't care." She giggled and waiting for him to start driving.

Raab drove to Castle Bam and parked his car. While Cheyenne stumbled into the house, Raab stayed out to smoke a cigarette quickly.

"Are you coming?" She yelled, seeing has how she had left the door open for him.

Raab walked into the house, shutting the door behind him and watch as Cheyenne peeled off her jacket and kicked off her heels. She left her purse on the counter, phone included.

"Come on." She smiled and led him up the stairs to the bedroom she shared with Bam.

Raab followed quickly behind her after taking off his own shoes and rubbing his drunken eyes. Raab sat on the bed as Cheyenne went into the closet. She shut the door behind her, taking off her dress and throwing it to the side. She changed into a sports bra, a tank top, and shorts. Upon opening the door she walked up to Raab and handed off a pair of Bam's sweat pants and a clean white shirt.

"Thank you." He smiled.

She nodded. "You can get changed in here, I'll be in the room next door."

Raab nodded and proceeded to change after Cheyenne left. She was in the vacant room down the hall that no one used after Raab had moved out. It was initially his room, although she hadn't known that. Raab followed her in with his dirty clothes in his hand, throwing them in a pile on the floor.

"This used to be my room." He chuckled to himself.

"Really?"

He nodded and watched her put on a new bed sheet and other blankets so he was warm. He yawned and waited patiently. In a way, Cheyenne reminding him of April and Emma at the same time. She was mothering and caring, always welcoming people into her life that initially belonged to Bam's, and at the same time she was playful and exciting, always willing to try anything.

"You're all set." She smiled.

"Thank you."

"Don't worry about it." She nodded. She hugged him good night and shut the door behind him.

Cheyenne retired to her own bed in a small drunken state. It didn't take long for sleep to consume her.