‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

For The Best

Image

When Cheyenne woke up the next morning, she made Raab breakfast and brought him up a few things to soothe his stomach. He too, was hungover. She said he was welcome to stay while she went out. She had to bring her wedding dress to Sidnie who was stuck at another meeting for most of the day, and do a few other things before she left that night.

"Hi April!" She smiled cheerfully as April answered the phone.

"Hi, honey, how are you?"

"I'm good, I actually had something to ask of you."

"What is it?"

"Well, I guess tonight I'm flying out to LA to see Bam and the crew, and I can't take Peaches with me. Can you please watch her while I'm gone? It should only be a few days."

"Of course honey! I'm busy with work all day but when I get out I'll come pick her up."

"Oh, thank you so much!"

"Don't worry about it, have fun and say 'hi' to my son for me."

"I will, thanks Ape, I love you!"

"Love you too, dear!"

She hung up the phone and went on with all of the errands she had to run today before she went home to pack. When she got back, Raab was gone, but he left he a note which thanked her. He had left the clothes he borrowed in the basket of dirty clothes in her room, and took care of the dishes to Cheyenne's surprise.

She went on to pack her bags and called Johnny. He told her which airline was holding her tickets and what time to be there. Bam still didn't know she was coming. It didn't bother her all that much, she just hoped that Bam would even be excited to see her.

As she walked through the airport later on, the paparazzi were sure as shit there, taking pictures of her and asking why Bam wasn't with her, among other things. She was more than relieved to be on the plane. She was distant as she sat there, in her own little world. She was upset. This morning she got her period. She was so excited when she thought she was pregnant, and was planning on telling Bam tomorrow that she thought she was. But now that she knew she wasn't, her hopes were shattered. But maybe it was for the best.

It seemed like hours and hours passed before Cheyenne landed in California. Johnny was true to his word, and sent her a driver to pick her up, take her to the hotel, and then take her to where they were filming.

"Mrs. Margera?" The man asked.

She smiled, still liking the sound of it. "Not yet, but yes that's me."

"I'm your driver for the day."

She nodded and followed him out the door, him carrying her larger bag. He drove her to the hotel and helped her bring her bags inside.

"I'm just going to change and I'll be back down." She said to him as a worker took her bags up to the rooms.

"Take your time." He answered and she smiled.

She followed the worker up to the Jackass floor of the hotel. They didn't have the whole floor to themselves this time, but they had a whole corner section of the place. The hotel was very open to the warm, almost dinner-time air. It was such a difference from PA and enjoyed the warm air that was long gone from home, even for September.

Bam's birthday would be taking place in three days, another reason she had wanted to fly out as soon as possible. She already had a present for him, but she had kept it secret.

When Cheyenne was finished getting dressed, she pulled her hair into a ponytail. She went back down to the driver who drove her throughout the busy city. When he stopped at a warehouse where the boys were goofing off, she tipped him even though he argued against it. Because she put heels on, she had her purse with her that had converse in it (just in case they tried to get her involved).

Johnny came outside to greet her. "They're in the middle of a stunt right now, so if you came in and watched, I'm sure he wouldn't see you."

She nodded and smiled, hugging him enthusiastically. She followed Dunn inside. All of the boys were doing stunts with treadmills, goofing off and yelling. Johnny led her off where Kosick was relaxing instead of filming for once and then ran over to the group.

"Hey you, how have you been?" The large man hugged her.

"I've been good, you?" She smiled and hugged back.

"Tired." He laughed and looked on at the rest of them.

Cheyenne's heart skipped a beat when she saw her fiance for the first time in a month.