‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

This Is The One

Image

After the medic wrapped Cheyenne's only bruised and swollen hand, and the boys had gotten her to calm down, they decided to head back the hotel. Of course they all wanted to catch up with Cheyenne, but everyone was tired, and after the previous events, they knew Cheyenne wasn't really in the mood for talking.

Bam was furious that the ring he proposed with was a fake. The ring he had given to the girl he loved most wasn't real. Sure, he was getting his money back, but that was besides the point. That was the ring that Cheyenne had fallen in love with. The ring she never took off.

"When we get back, do you mind if I shower first so Dunn and I can go out and get food for all of us?" Bam asked as he drove his rental car back to the hotel.

Cheyenne nodded, knowing Bam was looking over at her. She was staring out the window at the LA life she was so unfamiliar with.

Bam sighed and pulled into the parking lot, parking in the very back where all of the Jackass' parked, along with all of the crew's shit. He got out and helped Cheyenne out, taking some of his stuff out of the back to bring inside.

When they went up to the hotel room, Cheyenne changed, throwing her sticky clothes aside. While Bam showered she unpacked some of her stuff. She didn't want to get too comfortable because she didn't plan to stay there long.

"I'll be back in a little bit." Bam said, kissing the top of Cheyenne's head before he left. He met Dunn outback where he had been smoking and waiting for Bam to finish.

Bam drove further into the city of LA. Him and Dunn were going to a very expensive jeweler that most of his friends had gotten engagement rings from. None of their rings were fakes, so he prayed he would find one here that Cheyenne would love just as much as the other one.

"This is where I got Angie's ring." He smiled.

Bam nodded.

"Don't worry Bam, she'd love anything from you." Dunn reassured.

"I know, but that's beside the point. She loved the other one."

Dunn sighed.

Bam parked and the two of them headed inside of the jewelers. They were greeted by the bright lights and the sparkling diamonds and jewels all around the room.

"Hello gentlemen, how can I help you?" One of the workers came up to them.

"I'm looking for another engagement ring for my fiance."

"Well, you've come to the right place, we have an amazing assortment of rings here." He showed them over to a counter in the back, walking behind it. "Were you looking for something expensive, something simple?"

"I'm not sure. I'll know it when I see it, my fiance and I have similar taste."

The man nodded. "Have a look at this collection. It's our most popular." He man went to pull out a set but Bam stopped him.

"Actually, do have have more like...one-of-a-kind things?"

"Actually, yes we do." The man smiled. "Excuse me."

While the man disappeared to the back Dunn and Bam talked. "The wedding bands we ordered are from here." Bam mentioned.

"Did you order them online?"

"Yeah, we have to come in one of these days to see them and try them on and make sure everything is fine."

"Are you going to re-propose tonight?" Dunn asked.

"Probably, but I'm just going to have like an intimate proposal without all the glamor like last time."

"Here we are." The man said as he came back. "This is our private collection."

Bam looked down at the rings. "What about this one?" Dunn asked, pointing to one.

Bam stared through the different rings before he stopped. "No, this is the one." He smiled and picked it up. "She'll love this one. I'll take it."