‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Lonesome

Image

After a few days, Cheyenne was beginning to get upset and worry. She was starting to feel lonesome, and felt a bit as though she was losing her mind. Her only company was Peaches and Bam's cats Trouble and Mischief. Bam hadn't been answering his phone at all, whether it be calls or texts, and Cheyenne was starting to feel an emptiness in her heart that maybe he had done something he didn't know how to tell her. But she tried to tell herself that he was just busy with the film and that he'd get back to her soon.

In the mean time, Molly had left because Mark came home and she had long missed him. Molly felt bad though because Mark was only gone a week. Bam was gone for months. Molly didn't want to make it seem as though she were convincing Cheyenne to reconsider the marriage, but she worried about Cheyenne being alone in that big house so often. She felt as though she had moved from one lonely house to another. Molly knew that Bam's distance was unfair to Cheyenne. Perhaps Cheyenne knew that somewhere in her mind too. But she'd never ask him to give up his career. Of course she had the option of going, but Cheyenne was more or less ready to have a real family and home.

Cheyenne walked around the house in a t-shirt and panties. It was a lazy day for her. She had no work scheduled and it was the wedding planner's day off so she planned on staying home and on the couch most of the day.

It was already about noon when she finally brought herself into the kitchen to make a descent lunch. She took out a can of tuna, a sesame seed bagel, chips, and soda. She popped the bagel into the toaster and opened the can of tuna. The cats immediately ran into the kitchen, meowing their pleading little cries for some of the delicious smelling food.

"I hear you already." Cheyenne laughed and poured the tuna juice into two separate bowls for each of them and proceeded to set them down on the floor for them. She continued to make her own food and then went into the living room to eat. She was watching Land Of The Lost on TV, seeing as how she had already been through half of Bam's DVD collection. She had to start thinking of what to get him for Christmas.

She felt selfish for she started wondering to herself what Bam would get her or do for her rather on her birthday. She didn't even recall telling him when her birthday was, but he would have to find out sooner or later. Then again, she didn't think it would be a big deal not mentioning her birthday. For it was on New Year's, January 1st, and she didn't want to take away the excitement of the rest of the holidays, like Christmas and New Year's itself. She was a lucky child though, for she was born at exactly midnight on the first of January. The only bad thing was that most of her friends were at parties with family growing up, so she never was able to have a birthday party of her friends on her day of birth.

As she went back into the kitchen, there was a knock on the door. Well, it was more of a pounding than a knock. Completely oblivious to the fact that she only had panties on, she opened the side door and squealed.

"BAM!" She jumped up on him, forcing him to catch her. She wrapped her legs around him and he held her up by wrapping his arms under her bottom.

He laughed and looked at her. "I should leave more ofter if I come home to this."

"No, don't leave again." She smiled and kissed him hard on the lips. "You're back early."

"I came home early to surprise you." He kissed her back. "I love you."

"I love you so much. I got worried, you didn't answer your phone." She frowned.

"I can't keep a secret, I didn't want to spoil it. I'm sorry, I won't do it again."

Cheyenne nodded and slid out of his grasp. "Hi Dunn." She smiled as he waited patiently behind them.

"Hey, nice panties." He smirked.

She blushed and mumbled "Thanks.", covering her chest with her arms. "Where's Angie?"

"She'll be in." Dunn reassured her.

Cheyenne nodded. "Well I'm gonna go put clothes on." She said awkwardly and ran upstairs.

As she left, Bam watched her and smirked.

"Pig." Dunn laughed.

"Like you don't look at Angie like that." Bam laughed as well.

"Look at me like what?" Angie asked as she walked in with her bags.

"Nothing sweetheart." Dunn smiled and kissed Angie