‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

We Kicked Ass

Image

When Cheyenne turned around, she saw the shelf that she had been place in front of her. The shelf was cleared off, but things were left for her. A small Nerf gun rifle, and a large Nerf gun, two packages of 100 bullets each, a Nerf vest, and knee and elbow pads.

There was also a note on the shelf. She shoved her purse on to the shelf and grabbed the note, reading it. "You have 10 minutes to prepare for war. Then we come for you."

"Shit." She murmured.

Cheyenne peeled off her coat and then her hoodie, throwing them to the floor next to the shelf. She was so thankful that she put on sneakers instead of her UGGs, because they would be one major pain in the ass running around. She loaded both of the guns to their fullest, as quickly as she could, laughing at the fact she was given neon purple bullets. She looked around the isle, thankful that she was placed in a outdoors/sporting section. She grabbed a box that included two fanny packs and ripped it open, discarding the box on the floor.

She filled both fanny packs, pulled on the vest, and then pulled on the packs. One around her waist, one around her thigh. She pulled on the knee and elbow pads quickly, shoving her phone and extra bullets into her sports bra. She reached into her purse for her eyeliner and drew two thick black lines on her cheeks and laughed to herself. Once the lights flickered, she grabbed her guns and hauled ass through the store to her destination.

She had been shopping at this Target plenty enough times to know the best place to hide and ambush. She took off down the aisles and headed to the frozen foods section. At this Target, as soon as you came in the doors, you could either go straight or turn right. If you turned right, it was a straight shoot to the frozen foods, passing clothes, cosmetics, cards, office supplies and then kitchen and other home supplies. This section overlooked much of the store.

She ran into an aisle that had frozen foods on one side and dry food on the other. She opened one of the doors and used the inside to step up and throw her guns up on top of the machine. "This shit is going to be so dusty."
She turned around, shutting the door and pushed food aside on the shelf. She used the free space to scale the shelf to the top. It was a long jump and she was not all too happy to go from one dusty shelf to another. She stood up carefully and looked around, hearing voices from somewhere else in the store. She braced her self and leaped off the shelf, onto the top the freezers.

"Thank God they gave me these." She brushed off her knees and stomach, just to lay down back in the dust.

She smiled, proud of her choice, but also cringed at how uncomfortable it was. There was a rim around the top, high enough to conceal her from the other aisles so someone walking by couldn't easily see her.

Cheyenne laughed as she felt like she was in the army, staked out on a roof somewhere, ready to take down the enemy. Or, in this case, her fiance and his friends.

She saw Raab run by, looking around as if he were already being chased. Turned out it was everyone against each other. Dunn was not far behind him, screaming like a girl in to the clothing section farther down as Rake ran after screaming "I am woman, here me roar."

Johnny was laughing as he ran by. Cheyenne quietly moved the bigger gun and positioned it so that she could aim better. She carefully aimed, looking through the scope and shot at Johnny. It just barely missed him. "The fuck?" He looked around, Cheyenne ducking down. When he turned around again, Cheyenne shot him three times and hit him all three times, the darts sticking to his vest.

"Fuck!" He laughed nervously and looked around. Cheyenne smiled and hit him once more, this time getting him right in the cheek. He took off running and she giggled quietly to herself.

Dunn was running down the center aisle once more when Dico ran out of a card aisle straight into him and the two off them fell to the ground. Cheyenne took the opportunity and shot them both a few times, the two of them also trying to shoot one another.

Yelling and other male voices could be heard from all around the building. Cheyenne held her breath as someone was walking down the aisle next to her, peaking around the edge. She casually peaked down carefully and saw that it was Bam, so she pulled back right away and but her lip, wanting so badly to shoot him. But before he had the chance, he took off running after Dico.

"Girl, are you here?" She read from Angie after her phone had vibrated in her bra.

"Yeah, I am."

"Work with me."

"Fuck yeah, where are you?"

"Hiding in a shelf." She answered. "I don't know where the fuck to go."

Cheyenne explained what she did and instructed Angie to do the same. She watched from her shelf as Angie's head bobbed up and down as the tried to climb up a shelf in the female's clothing section. Cheyenne whistled loudly and waved quick to Angie who quickly waved back before trying to situate herself in the dust like Chey had. Angie gave a thumbs up and the two of them started conquering.

All-in-all, they had laid shots on all of the boys, while the boys hadn't gotten Cheyenne or Angie once. Cheyenne hit Bam the most amount of times, finding it so funny that he was flipping out for not only getting shot by her, but also for the fact that he hadn't see Cheyenne once.

"Alright shit heads, games over." Bam blew a whistle in the main aisle, speaking through a megaphone. "Everyone better hurry the fuck up and get here."

Angie looked over and Chey so she nodded and crawled to the back of the machines, crawling off so that the others wouldn't see her. She brushed all of the dust off of her and fixed her hair. She ran over to where Angie was and helped her off the shelf laughing.

"We kicked ass." She high-fived her.

"That we did." She laughed.

The two of them walked over to the cluster of boys and when Dunn pointed, Bam turned around. "Where the fuck were you chicken shit?"

"Uh, check yourself boy, I'm not chicken shit. Angie and I kicked your ass." Cheyenne laughed.

Bam walked up to her and kissed her. "That you did, I'm proud baby girl." He smirked.