‹ Prequel: About Falling
Status: In progress.

Ready When You Are

Heart Strings

Image

"Phone." Bam asked, holding out his hand once they gathered everything inside."

"Why?" She took it out and handed it over to him.

"Because this is a weekend for relaxing." He smiled and turned off both of their phones, putting them both on top of the fridge.

"What if someone needs to get a hold of us?"

"I told them to call my mom or my manager and they'd call the landline here, but only if it were extremely important."

"Sounds complicated." She laughed and took out the extra food Bam brought and put them on the counter/island.

Bam brought their suitcases upstairs to the bedroom and Cheyenne removed her heavy winter coat, leaving her scarf on. She opened the bag Bam left downstairs and smiled, pulling out the new coat and the shoe box. Bam had bought her female Carhart boots and she smiled approvingly.

"Bam?" She called, and when he didn't answer she explored the downstairs of the house.

The kitchen was gigantic and she was more than excited to be able to cook dinner for just the two of them the next few nights since it wouldn't be excessive cooking for a full house. She discovered a large living room in the shape of a half-circle. Along the circular side were windows with a large, soft couch beneath it, traveling along the perimeter of the wall under the windows. She smiled and kneeled on the couch, looking out the window to the frozen river and the huge castle not too far from their view. Chey hoped Bam planned to take her there at some point. She could hardly make out the images of people walking and riding four-wheelers and snowmobiles across the ice to their island homes.

Across from the couch was a large fireplace with a mantle of heirlooms and a flat screen TV above it.

"I could live here." She smiled and went back to the kitchen. It was about 5 and she was starting to feel the effects of not eating all day. She put the food away and grabbed a kettle from one of the shelves, filling it with water and then setting it on the stove.

She walked down another hallway that stemmed from the kitchen. There were a few bedrooms and a small study, the walls painted elaborately in some parts, but other parts were covered in cobblestones to give a more old-fashioned look. At the end of the hall she found a small library with several bookshelves all completely full. One wall was all windows, bringing in an icy sunset that colored the walls and lines the book's spines. There was a couch covered with pillows and a blanket set aside for warmth.

"Oh good, you found it." Bam smiled from the doorway.

"Can we buy this house, Bam?" She said absolutely enamored.

"Do you really love it that much?" He chuckled.

"Oh yes." She smiled. "It could be both a summer and winter house."

"Yeah it would actually. Snowmobiling in the winter and boating and canoeing and shit in the summer."

"Bam, it's a perfect place to raise kids." She turned to him.

Bam stood there in thought as her words pulled at his heartstrings.