Status: I already have the first few chapters up and ready to go, it's just a matter of how many comments I get before I post them ^-^

As the Leaves Change in Color

I Mean This, I'm Okay (Trust Me)

It was the most beautiful thing I had ever felt. Also, the most painful.

This was against everything. I had broken every mental rule I had ever set for myself. I had just committed an unthinkable act that I'll never be able to take back. It was like... like a sweet blasphemy.

And the funny part? I didn't care. I was enjoying every beautiful, painful, heartbreaking moment of this.

Part of me knew this was wrong. Part of me was trying to tell me to not give in, to pull off and never think about this moment again. Part of me was yelling, asking "What would Bert say about this?!". The same part of me was telling me how stupid this was, and how much this'll kill me on the inside, after it was too late.

But that part of me was easily pushed away. It was dead to me right now.

I don't know how long the kiss lasted. I didn't know, I didn't care. I wanted to live in this moment forever. However long that may be.

This kiss... it was different from anything I had ever felt. I mean, I had kissed Bert before, and I truly and honestly loved him. Well, I thought I did. But our kisses were never anything special. Just a quick one before he left the house, that didn't mean anything. With this one... I could feel the emotion behind it. I could tell that Frank really cared about me. And the guy barely knew me.

And it got me thinking: how long has he felt this way about me? Did Mikey know? Was I hurting Frank by throwing Bert in his face? Did Bert ever really love me...? But I pushed the questions away. No time for angst now. I'm having one of the best moments of my life.

Suddenly, though, he pulled away. I didn't know what to say, how to act. Neither did he. His face was about as red as the walls in the apartment. I have a feeling that he didn't really plan on doing that. It didn't matter, though. I didn't plan on enjoying it, so I guess we're even.

"Wow," I muttered. Geez, man! I'm such an idiot! That wasn't the proper thing to say! He just gave me this really sheepish grin and then looked away quickly.

"Uh, um... I'm sorry... that wasn't... I didn't plan to...." I held up a hand to quiet him. I didn't want him to embarrass himself any further.

"No, don't be sorry. That was... amazing! I loved it!" I was grinning ear to ear now. I guess the shock had worn off, and I was finally accepting the facts.

I, Gerard Way, loved Frank Iero. It wasn't expected, and it feels like a crime to even admit it to myself.

He looked taken aback, but then flashed me that beautifully heartbreaking smile. For a moment, I forgot everything. Uh, who am I again? Who's Bert McCracken? Do I even know the guy...?

And in that moment of nirvana, I was the happiest I had ever felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I didn't exactly notice how short it was until I actually put it on here. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you guys somehow. I just have to think of a way first :P So, comments? Subscriptions? Love notes telling me how awesome I am? xD Just kidding 'bout the last part. I'm about as awesome as Gerard's frozen snotsicles from a few chapters back.

O! While you're at it, go to my page and read the story An Introspective Connection (the original author was my one-of-a-kind, lunatic, best friend ShaggyMaggie who I love to death, but I have added a few chapters of my own since she came up with the idea), and leave lovely comments and maybe even subscribe to it. Only the most awesome of people can do it. Are you up to the challenge?