Status: I already have the first few chapters up and ready to go, it's just a matter of how many comments I get before I post them ^-^

As the Leaves Change in Color

Gravity Don't Mean Too Much to Me; I'm Who I've Got to Be.

MIKEY'S POV

"Hey, loser, get out of my way!" Shew, I hate it when people yell at me like that. I'm not even in the way! I'm over here in the main edge of this damn sidewalk, there's plenty of room to get across through there. I hate to argue, though, so I scooted against the building next to me and let Cranky pass on through.

My search for Dad has led me to New York. Lord, it's untelling what he's gotten into here. Right now, I'm kind of hating him. He took me away from my Frankie, and my only brother, Gerard. What are they doing right now? How are they coping with my absense? I hate to sound so full of myself, but deep down, I know I'm kind of what kept them still sane. I guess I don't hate my father too much, though. I don't think I'm capable of honest hatred. Besides, as much as I hate to admit it, without him, I wouldn't've had a brother, or even been alive. Could've never comforted him in his time of need, could've never met Frank....

I'm pulled out of my inner thought processes when a guy randomly shoves me against the same wall I just got off of. People in New York are horrible, I swear.

"Buddy, I thought I toldja to get outta my way?" O. It's just Cranky. I've met this type before, surely I can deal with him in a calm manner....

"O, I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't see you coming. I should've paid more attention. I promise it won't happen again, I mean it." He gave me this weird look, blinked, and then walked off. Yea, I get to deal with assholes like him all the time. I'm not the fighty-type, though. I'd much rather avoid a fight than be in one, which is kind of the opposite of how Frank was.... It's kind of funny, thinking back on it. I remember this one time he got in this huge fight with Bert, and it was freaking hilarious. They always fought over the most stupid of things, whether it be over who drank the last Pepsi or who gets to jump out of a window first. I never really got it, but it was good for laughs.

Man, I can't wait till I find Dad and get back to Frank. Even if he doesn't wanna be with me anymore, there will still always be a place in my heart for him. I remember the things we used to talk about when Gerard wasn't around, the pain in his voice, the vulnerabilty I saw in his eyes.... It was heartbreaking for me, but I was support him through every painful decision he was going through, because that's what best friends/lovers do. I'm sure it's not his fault he fell for Gerard instead of me. Besides, that was just a way to let me know that I haven't exactly found 'the one' yet, and everything will work out better in the end anyways. Until then, though, I'll love Frank. Even if the feelings aren't mutual.

To my surprise, I didn't get yelled at or pushed aside or ran into anymore, even though I was quite distracted with my thoughts. I paused and looked around myself. Ooo, a Starbucks! How long has it been since I've drank some good coffee? Since I left home, probably.... And don't I deserve a break?

I reached in my back pocket and pulled out some money I had originally planned on using only for emergencies. But hey, for Ways, coffee is an emergency.

I walked up to the lady who was working up there and ordered myself a vanilla frappuchino. She handed it to me and kept looking over me. I smiled at her politely, and looked away. When I looked back at her, she was still looking at me. That's a little... odd....

"You know, you look a little young and out of place.... How old are you, exactly? Do you live through here? What's your name?", she asked me. She has to be in her upper twenties, and she's quite pretty. I don't really get why she's being so nosy, though. Maybe that's just a thing with women. Being nosy. I'll answer her, though.

"Uh, I'm 16 years old. No, I don't live through here, I just stopped by so I could find someone. And my name is Mikey Way. And yourself?"

"My name's Alicia, I'm 26. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Way. You know, I saw someone who looked a lot like you come by earlier... He even ordered the same thing as you. Maybe it was a coincidence?" So that's why she asked me my name and age! She thought I had come by earlier for some reason! ...Wait. Someone who looks like me... Could it've been Dad?

I jerked out my wallet and pulled out a picture of him and showed it to her. My heart was racing like, super fast. This could be it, the whole reason I've came here!

"Does that look like him at all?" Her eyes widened, and she gasped and nodded. "Yes, that's him! Is that the one you were looking for?"

My heart skipped a beat, and I was so excited I was about to have a heart attack. Or maybe that was the coffee making my heart beat fast. More than likely, it wasn't, though. Now I have a lead! He's somewhere around through here! I just gotta keep on searching, I'll find him soon! And then I can get back to Gerard!

"Um, uh-huh, that's him. Did you happen to see which way he went?" "Mhm, after he left here he got in his vehicle and headed south, that way." She pointed the direction at which he went.

I was getting ready to budden-budden out of there when I remembered I needed to thank her. "Uh, thank you for the coffee! And the help!" I turned and ran before I even heard a reply, which probably bought me a funny look or two.

"I'm coming, Gerard, Frank! I'll be back before you even know it!" I didn't even realize I was speaking out loud until I saw people staring. Ah well, it doesn't matter if they stare. I've got a Dad to find, a brother to get back to, and an ex to see again!
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, a longer chapter to make up for not updating when I said I would. I'm so sorry about that, you guys. But I made it up to you! O, and as you guys can see, I'm renaming the chapter titles to song lyrics. I'm only half done so far, as you can probably see xD If not, then shame on you for not reading this when I published it! :P Anyways.... comment! Send me love! Or hate! Whichever floats your boat, really. ^-^