Status: I already have the first few chapters up and ready to go, it's just a matter of how many comments I get before I post them ^-^

As the Leaves Change in Color

I'll Never Say No To You... This Conversation's Been Dead on Arrival

Back to Gee's POV ^-^

The light kept coming in through the blinds, forcing me to wake up. Stupid light.... I guess that's cool, though. It just gives me a reason to snuggle into Frank's chest. God, I'm so happy with Frank.... How come I couldn't see earlier that he was meant for me? Maybe it's 'cause this stupid light won't get out of my face....

"Mmm... Gerard, don't go...." I looked over at Frank, who was now frowning in his sleep. "Don't leave me, don't leave me!" I couldn't help but smile just a little at him. I kissed his forehead and started rubbing little circles in his back with my finger. "Shh... Honey, I'm right here, and I'm not gonna leave you... I promise...."

He looked up at me, smiled sheepishly, and then blushed. I giggled at him, and he wrapped one of his arms around me. I kissed his forehead again, and then asked him what he was dreaming about.

"Well, we were in this forest. Me and you, I mean. And all of a sudden, you were gone. I kept running and running to find you, but every time I got a glimpse of you, you would just... disappear again. At one point, I finally got to you... but you were with Bert..... And I kept screaming at you to not leave me all alone.... That's when I woke up."

I sat up and frowned at him. What in the world could've triggered a dream like that?

"Baby, I'll never leave you. Not for anyone, not even if Bert came back." Whoa, that sounds funny coming out of my mouth. Maybe because I'm not even sure if I'm telling the truth anymore. Is that a bad thing...? Well, he's smiling at me.... So it can't be too bad, right?

"Alright, man. I believe you. But hey, we got a problem right now." I looked at him expectantly. "Yea? And that would be?" "Well, we've been living together for a while now, and things are getting pretty serious...." Yea, so serious. We've been together like, a few days. I let him continue, though. "And, to be honest, this apartment isn't exactly gonna pay for itself. What I'm trying to say is... one of us is gonna have to get a job, 'cause I'm running out of money."

O yea... a job... Not my type of thing. I'm not good with jobs, exactly. I'm more of an artsy guy, not a suit-and-tie-working-type guy. But wait... what kind of money did he have, anyways? I've always wondered about that....

He obviously saw the look of disgust on my face, 'cause he kept going. "Come on, man. It can't be too bad. I heard the bookstore down the road has a job available. It has a comic book section.... You can read all the comic books you want, for free!"

I have to say, that kind of got my attention. I'm a sucker for comics. They're like, my weakness or something. I remember when me and Mikey were little, and used to write comics all the time.... Ah, those were the days....

"So... a job. At a bookstore. Sounds cool, but why do I have to take the job?" "Because I'm a sorry bum and don't wanna get off my ass to do anything." "This is your place!" "So? If you love me you'll do it, man." I rolled my eyes and got out of the bed. Poor, lazy Frank. It kind of makes me wonder how he got this far in life....

"Alright. I'll do it. But when should I go apply for the job? And what if I don't get it?" He smiled at me really creepy. "O, you'll get it. Don't worry. I have connections with the guy that owns the place." I just stared at him really funny. "And this guy would be...?" "His name's Ray. Ray Toro. He's really cool, and he's super awesome at guitar. He's a big nerd, just like you!" I playfully punched him in the shoulder, and he laughed.

"Seriously, man. I think you'll like him. I'll invite him to come over tonight so you can meet up with him. Sound cool?"

I nodded my approval, and he bounced up and got the phone. I know it's wrong, but I had to go eavesdrop on him. This is what I heard:

"Um, hello, is this Ray? ... No man, this isn't Frank, this is the Muffin Man. ... No, not really man, geez! ... Well, I'm sorry, okay? ... Anyways, my friend is wanting to apply for a job ... O, his name is Gerard, he's really sweet, cool, loves comic books, and he's a big nerd just like you! ... Yea, he's a REALLY close friend of mine ... Yes, Ray, he's my boyfriend, but stop being so nosy! ... Sorry, sorry .... So, do you think you could come meet him, and see if he could get the job? ... Uh, how about 7:30ish? ... Alright, sounds good! Later!" Click.

"Hey Gee, he'll be here at 7:30, so... go take a shower!" I sighed and frowned, and reluctantly went off to go get clean for some guy I don't even know. "Frankie, get me some clothes out on the bed, okay?" "Got it!"

Lord, what in the world has Frank talked me into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Dead on Arrival by Fall Out Boy ^-^

Anyways, for those of you who didn't read the apology letter before I just deleted it, I'm sooo sorry for not updating earlier! I'm gonna try and catch myself up about 10 chapters ahead, before I update again, so if it's a little wait... It'll be worth it :)

Now, comment/subscribe, before I attack you with gay sheep and sick hamsters ^-^