Status: I already have the first few chapters up and ready to go, it's just a matter of how many comments I get before I post them ^-^

As the Leaves Change in Color

Thanks For the Memories

THIRD PERSON POV~*

Frank and Ray sat together, in momentary silence. The kind of silence that's deafening, the kind of silence that makes you just want to scream, just to know that quiet isn't all that's there. Ray looked at Frank, not knowing what to say. Frank looked down at his feet, embarrassed. This one awkward moment was held for what felt like eternity, when Ray finally spoke up.

"So... Looks like you've found yourself a good one." The words were hollow. Ray honestly liked Gerard. He was cool, funny, and really nice, but... He was Mikey's /brother/. The person who had loved Frank wholeheartedly and unconditionally, gone at the moment, is getting ready to come back to find the person he cares about so much is in love with his brother. And Ray was very disappointed in Frank because of this.

Frank sighed, and as if reading Ray's mind, he spoke.

"Look, Ray, I know you're disappointed in me. I can see it on your face. But I didn't /choose/ to fall in love with Gerard. I didn't /choose/ for Mikey to leave, and I didn't /choose/ to have people make me feel awful about it. I can't help what happened. Mikey meant the world to me, and he still does. I love him to death, just... not in the same way I thought it was. I know it's crummy for me to go for his brother in his absence, but.... I /love/ him, Ray. I have for a while now. And he feels the same way back. And after his breakup with his boyfriend... I just want to be with him, and let him know everything is gonna be okay. To show him that at least /someone/ out there cares. You know? I miss and love Mikey, don't get me wrong. But I'm /in love/ with Gerard. Can you understand that?"

Ray thought over what Frank just said, and nodded thoughtfully. It's not like you can /help/ who you choose to love, he thought to himself. Maybe he's not so bad...

Frank had a look in his eye, a look that made it possible to see through him, as if he were made out of cellophane. When Ray moved his head to look at him, he saw everything Frank was feeling. All the self-loathing, all the confusion, the sadness, the guilt... Ray understood what it must have been like, as he had been in a similar situation before that he's told no one about. That memory that he had locked inside him so long ago, being brought back to the surface, almost made him wanna cry. But he supressed the urge, because boys aren't supposed to cry. At least, that's how he was raised.

Ray stood up and walked over to Frank, patted him on the back, and sat down next to him. Offering him reassuring words, Frank felt somewhat safe, but yet vulnerable. No one had ever seen this side of him. He was always the goofy, fun-loving guy that could turn any catastrophe into something you could laugh about. Never in his life had he let someone see that pain that lurks in the deepest corners of his mind.

Feeling like a failure, Frank sighed, then looked over at Ray. The two shared a look of understanding, and suddenly, all was right between them again. No more awkwardness. Just the friends that the two have always been.

Ray smiled at Frank, and in return, Frank shot him a smile back. A halfhearted smile, but a smile, at least. Ray wrapped his arms around Frank, confusing him momentarily, but recovered long enough to hug him back and tell him how he was glad they could get back in touch. After a minute or so, Ray took his leave, leaving Frank feeling an odd mixture of confusion and comfort.

Meanwhile, in the other room, Gerard was slowly drifting away into a nice, peaceful sleep, with comforting thoughts of his ex and his brother, and the sound of The Misfits blasting in his ears, unaware that the topic of the conversation in the other room revolved around him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, um, if you guys don't care, comment and tell me what you think about my first chapter in a third person POV. Give me constructive critisism! Tell me how to improve! I need all the help I can get, and I'm sure you guys can see that xD But anyways. Next chapter might take a little longer, 'cause of reasons you'll see when you read it. I /will/ update soon enough, though. If I've not updated in an hour, I give permission to the readers to virtually smack the crap out of me over the Internet ^-^