Status: I already have the first few chapters up and ready to go, it's just a matter of how many comments I get before I post them ^-^

As the Leaves Change in Color

Take My Hand and Never Be Afraid Again

Little did I know, running away wasn't as easy as I had panned it out to be. Yea, I successfully made it out of the house fine. Mom didn't even notice I was gone. She was probably passed out, drunk, like usual. I rolled my eyes at the thought of her sprawled out on the floor, looking almost dead. The things kids have to live with nowadays. You wouldn't believe it, I'm telling ya.

But actually getting somewhere would be too easy, right? I had walked about half a mile, wandering around aimlessy, when it came to me. I didn't have the slightest idea where I was going, and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Besides, I didn't really have enough money exactly to get me anywhere to start with. Geez, maybe I shoulda thought that through a little harder.

It was getting dark, and if that wasn't enough, it started pouring the rain on me. Great, I thought bitterly. Just a (cliche) way to top things off, huh?

I needed a plan. Better yet, I needed a place to stay for the night. I still wasn't feeling that well, considering I had just gotten my lights beaten out less than 24 hours ago. God, that seemed like a lifetime ago.

So, there I was, roaming around like an idiot, hoping by some small chance that someone would just go "Hey, you wanna place to stay for the night?". Of course, that wasn't gonna happen. I knew it wouldn't. But hell, I didn't have anything better to do with my time.

I heard my name being called, which was odd because hardly anyone knows me. No one cares enough to know me. I turned around, and I saw Frank running up to me. I don't have a clue why he was out at this time at night in the pouring rain. I didn't bother to ask. I was just glad that someone I knew was here.

"Gerard? What are you doing? It's raining out here!"

"Well, the sun sure is hell ain't shining, and the water's pouring down, so yes, Frank, I believe you may be correct." I had to smile. Leave it to Frank to point out the obvious. He smiled back at me, and then frowned. He must've realized the only reason a 17-year-old boy's out this late at night after his brother just left him is because he's running away from everything.

"Gerard...? Are you... running away from home?"

I sighed. I didn't exactly wanna tell him everything that was going on. I mean, I like Frank. He's really nice, and cool, and he was one of the only reasons (me being the other) that my baby brother woke up every morning with hope that everything would be okay, and life could be good after all. But I didn't wanna explain every single detail to him.

"Well, that was what I was trying to do. I was gonna leave, hunt down Bert and Mikey. But I'm lacking three very important things: a plan, a destination to go to, and the money to get there."

He nodded his head, as if taking it all in. As if he was expecting to hear that as a response. Sometimes, I think Frank can see into your soul. I was kind of thinking about what it'd be like to see inside a person's soul, when he spoke up.

"Well, it seems like you really need a place to stay... that is, until you can come up with a plan and enough money to go and hunt down your Bert and my Mikey. So, here's the offer.... You can stay at my apartment, as long as you need. The only thing is, when you're ready to go, I'm going with you. Does that sound fair enough?"

I had to think it over. I mean, I was glad that he was willing to take me into his home, and support me until I was ready to leave. What I didn't like, though, was the fact that he was wanting to go with me. I thought he would just slow me down, keep me from getting where I needed to go. But I had to give, because, let's face it: I couldn't do this on my own, as much as I wanted to.

"Yea, that sounds fair enough. Thanks, Frank." All he did was nod, then walk away. I guess he was expecting me to follow him. So I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I haven't gotten near the comments and subscriptions I was hoping to get on this story. I mean, geez, people! Please, reccommend to friends! Who's it gonna hurt? You know someone who loves My Chem? Who also likes Frerard? Tell them about this! I know it's not Frerard-y yet, but it's getting there. Trust me. So, with that... comment!

--AcidxReign~!