Status: I already have the first few chapters up and ready to go, it's just a matter of how many comments I get before I post them ^-^

As the Leaves Change in Color

I'm Trying to Let You Know Just How Much You Mean to Me

It felt good to get back home and throw on some guy clothes. Especially after revealing to the world of Walmart that you like to be a drag queen in your spare time. Even though I really don't.

And then, I realized that our game of truth or dare wasn't over yet. It was only one dare. So, it was my turn to ask him something.

I turned to Frank, who was still laughing about what happened earlier. I couldn't blame him, though. I bet I really did look pretty goofy, bolting out of Walmart with nothing but underwear on. And that underwear was giving me a wedgie. I don't see how girls stand it, man. I really don't.

"So, Frank, I don't think our game's over yet. Truth or dare?"

"Uh, truth."

If only you could've seen the look I gave him just then. I guess it was pretty great, because he died. But I mean, dude! I just ran out of Walmart wearing freaking lingerie! And he was gonna go all chicken on me?!

"Are you kidding me? After I just did all that, you're gonna take the easy way out? Dude, that's uncool!"

"Hey, I said I'd never be fair about this game."

And then I mentally smacked myself for thinking he'd even play this fair. I should've known better. Now I have to think of a good truth question to ask him. So here I was, thinking of something.

And then it hit me, what to ask him. Except, I was afraid to ask it. Out of embarrassment of my own, and I don't wanna hear the response. It could go bad either way. It's one of those things you know you need to know, but you can't bring yourself to even ask.

Besides, what if Bert found out I asked it? What if Frank didn't know? What if I wasn't sure even I knew? Woud all this be taking things too fast?

The truth is.... I'm starting to develop feelings for Frank. It goes against everything I've ever believed in. Besides, I don't even know if he's over Mikey yet, and I'm not even sure I'm over Bert yet! But, it's time for me to grow some balls and ask...

"Frank... do you like me? Like... that?"

I can't believe I just asked him that. I don't think he could, either. He seemed to be absorbing in the question, wondering if I had said something else instead. But there was no mistaking the question I asked. I just wondered what kind of effect it would have on us, on our friendship.

He looked at me, dead in the eyes. And then he scooted closer to me, as though I was getting to hear some awful secret. Maybe I was. And then his mouth was next to my ear. And then, he whispered to me,

"I thought you'd never ask... of course I do. I love you, Gerard...."

And then he pulled back, and his lips were on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo, cliffhanger! Well, sort of a cliffhanger. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter in all of its shortitude. I've got 3 more chapters already typed up and ready to go, and I'll be working on chapter 13 as soon as I get this author's note typed out. Comments anyone? It'd be appreciated ^-^

O, swing by and check out RebelxRose's story, Take My Hand, Take My Life. I think you'll enjoy it :)