Naruto

Volume 2 Part 1

Naruto Volume 2 Part 1

Last time on Naruto….

"You three will never be Shinobi!"

Volume Two

"Give it up. You three will never be a ninja!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN GIVE UP?" Naruto screamed. "Give me a break! Okay, so maybe none of us got our hands on one of your stupid bells….but why THE HECK SHOULD WE QUIT OVER THAT?"

"Because only Arashi has what it takes!"

Sasuke then got so made that he made a mad dash at Kakashi-sensei. Once the smoke cleared I saw Kakashi sitting on top of Sasuke. "What you three are is a trio of spoiled brats…"

Sakura then got all fan-girl on us. "DON'T STEP ON SASUKE! GET OFF OF HIM!"

"Are you trying to make fun of the Shinobi with your behavior? Well, are you? Did you even stop to wonder for one minute…why you were divided into teams?"

"Uhh…Excuse me?"

"Obviously not. You missed the entire point of the exercise. Arashi was the only one that got it."

Naruto then spoke up, "It had a point?"

"Of course. And that point determines whether or not you would succeed." Kakashi started to look pissed.

Sakura then went on to say, "But…You Haven't Explained What It Is!"

"….I don't believe this."

"AW, COME ON ALREADY! TELL US!" Naruto yelled.

"It's…Teamwork."

The three all looked surprised.

"If the three if you had come at me together, instead of separately, you could have taken the bells."

This was all so amusing to watch. I got all of what he was saying. Everything is about teamwork and sacrifice. The most hilarious thing of all was that Kakashi was still sitting on Sasuke. Looking very comfortable might I add.

Sakura looked bewildered, "If we were expected to function as a team, why did you only have 2 bells! Even if we'd worked together, one of us till would have had to go without lunch! You played us against each other!"

Kakashi was starting to look bored. "This Task was designed to cause conflict with each other."

"WHAAAAAAT!"

I think I just went deaf.

"The situation was set up to reveal which of you would set aside your individual interests and propose to the others that you should work together. Arashi would have asked if you would have let her. She knew what the object was to work together. She knew that none of you would work together. Sakura, you ignored Naruto and instead focused on Sasuke, even if he wasn't there. Naruto was too bold and came at me alone. Sasuke, you decided that the other 3 weren't worth your time and go at it solo. You are a team! Arashi understands but won't do anything because her team is willing to leave her alone. You 3 need to learn how to act like a team with Arashi and if I have to, I will ask for 3 more students to replace you. Even though it's necessary for ninja to have their own skills, but an even more necessity to put those skills together….IN A TEAM!"

He reached back with his free hand to his back pouch. "Going solo is bad for the team and expose fellow teammates to danger. You might as well have killed them yourselves."

He pulled his hand out fast and noticed a kunai in his hand, "SAKURA! KILL NARUTO AND ARASHI!" They looked shocked. "OR SASUKE DIES!"

"WHATTTT!" I jumped up ready to fight if it came to it.

When Kakashi got up, I signed out of relief.

"The day will come when one of you may be a hostage, and forced to make that choice. When on a mission, your lives are always in danger."

I walked over to Sasuke and held out my hand to help him up. I looked at me for a second before grabbing my hand and standing up. I let go and he dusted himself off. "….Thank you."

"Look at the Rock…all of these names carved in the stone. Heroes of the Village. Ninja."

I looked upon the rock Kakashi stood next to. My face grew solemn. I knew that my family's names were unscripted into the stone.

It grew quiet for a moment before Naruto, being the idiot that he is, screamed. "THAT'S IT! I JUST DECIDED! THERE'S WHERE I WANT MY NAME TO GO! I'M NOT GONNA THROW MY LIFE AWAY! I WANT TO LIKE THEM!"

My anger flared, "You Idiot! THOSE PEOPLE WERE KIA!"

"What's That?"

"Killed In Action, Dummy! My family's names are on there!"

He realized what it was and looked down at the ground. It was quiet for a moment.

"This is a memorial. It has my best friend's name on there." Kakashi's face grew stone within seconds. "I'm gonna give you one last chance. This will be more difficult than the bells. You may eat one of the bento." Naruto grew excited for a second. "But no sharing with Naruto." He slouched down in the ropes.

"Why?" Naruto whined.

"You brought it on yourself when trying to sneak a lunch. If any of you feed him, you fail." He then poofed away.

Naruto then went on to say that he could go without lunch until his stomach rumbled. They started to eat and I sat against a tree and continued reading my book. After a few moments I feel asleep.

About 30 minutes later…BANG!

I shot up and glanced around with half-open eyes and saw a pissed Kakashi.

"YOU…."Pause for effect. "Pass!"

"Eh?"

"You just made a big step. All of you have done is listen to what I say. True shinobi seeks for the hidden meanings in hidden meanings. Those who violate the rules and fail to follow an order are lower than garbage. But, those who do not care for and support their teammates are lower than that! This mission is finished. You pass! Your duties will commence tomorrow!"

Naruto than became hyper. He moved his legs up and down, "I DID IT! I'M A NINJA! NINJA! NINJA!"

"Let's go home."

"How far away is the Target?"

"Five meters and closing! So…How much longer are we gonna wait?"

"In position."

"Me too."

"Arashi, are you in position?"

Silence. "Arashi?"

Elsewhere…

I sat on the ground playing with the little cat that my team had to bring back to its' owner. It was an adorable cat. I had taken out my ear-piece and sat with the cat in my lap.

For a few more moments I sat in silence, every once and awhile giggling when the cat would do something funny, before I heard a muffled "Go!" from my ear-piece.

I glanced up as my team had jumped out of the bushes. They stopped and just stared dumbstruck at the cat in my lap, falling asleep.

"Hi!" I said with a bright smile.

"Huh!"

Naruto came back to his senses and came and just randomly grabbed the cat out of lap. And apparently the cat does not like Naruto.

As the cat started to attack Naruto, I put my ear-piece back end and told Kakashi-sensei, "Kakashi, I have found the target and am headed back to your location."

"Good! Then the 'mission' is complete!"

As stood next to my team and just stared at the poor cat being death hugged by the lady.

"Poor cat," I murmured.

"How does that dumb cat put up with it?" Naruto asked with his hand behind his head.

The Third Hokage sat at his desk and had pulled out a new assignment. "Now, the next assignment for Team Seven will be…hmm…to babysit for the Elders, run errands to the neighboring village, help dig sweet potatoes—"

Naruto decided to cut of the Hokage. "NO WAY! NO THANK YOU! Boring! Give Us Something Different To Do! Something important! Amazing!"

"You're only a beginner! Everyone starts their missions with grunt work! As you go, it's where you get experience, so you can work up to getting the bigger missions!" Iruka scolded Naruto.

"But we've done tons of the small missions! Can't we get some action1?"

Kakashi finally hit him upside the head saying, "Naruto, that's enough. Knock it off."

"Apparently Naruto needs an explanation of just what these duties are… You see, everyday, our village receives many requests for everything from babysitters to assassination. We take that tremendous variety and sort them into categories from A to D, based on the degree of skill they require." The Hokage explained. "We have divided the shinobi into classes based on the level of their skills. we distribute the requests to the ninja with the appropriate skill level after we of the Upper Echelon have sorted all the requests. And if the ninja in question completes those duties successfully then the grateful person they have helped pays him a fee. As of now, you four have only just attained the lowest rank, level D, and the tasks are the best you could aspire to."

Naruto being the baka he is had not payed attention. I became annoyed with, what Sasuke calls him, the databoyo. "Hmm…I had pork ramen for lunch yesterday…so I think I'll have miso ramen today." Naruto said putting his index finger to his chin.

I hit his head and yelled, "Are you listening!"

I could feel Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakahi's shocked eyes on my back. I'm always the calm one. Apparently they have never seen my angry side.

Naruto started to scream back at me and we started a fight.

While this was going on Kakashi was talking the the Hokage.

"I-I'm sorry. Arashi is usually my calm and less violent one."

Naruto turned back to the Hokage, "I don't want to heat it! all the old fart ever does is apologize and then give me a lecture. But it's not fair. There's more to me than the troublemaking screw-up the old man thinks I am!"

There was a silence for awhile. I became back to my calm state that I usually am. Iruka and the Hokage smiled. I frowned and tilted my head curiously.

"Very well. Since you put it that way…I will permit you to attempt a C grade task. The protection of a certain individual…"

Naruto than got all excited. "Who is it! Some great lord! The Daimyo! A Princess!"

"Compose yourself. I'll perform the introductions straight away. Please invite him in."

We turn to the door waiting for someone great to enter. The door opens and a drunk, old man enters. "What's going on? They look like a bunch of wet-nosed brats."

End of Chapter

What will happen next on Naruto? Will Naruto and his team have a successful mission? Only you can find out in the next Chapter!

A/N: Please review and I will not be rude like on my last story. I was not in a good mood.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Naruto or the characters, just Arashi.Please review and I will not be rude like on my last story. I was not in a good mood.