Status: Completed =]

Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back

Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back

The next few weeks passed by in a blur. While Gerard and I got closer, Moe and Chris also got closer. Ezekiel and Azrael still gave me the creeps, but I was getting used to their penetrating stares. Out of everyone in the group, besides Chris and Gerard, I was the closest with Ray. He was such a sweetheart and had the best sense of humor. If I could have anyone in the group be related to me, I’d have Ray as my older brother.

We were all sitting in the kitchen, just lazing around, when the radio we acquired last week turned on suddenly.

Calling all Killjoys in Zone Six, this is Dr. Deathdefying. BLI is on their way at this moment. Be at the ready; never let them take you alive. Die with your mask on if you have to. Killjoys, make some noise!

The broadcast shut off and the radio went silent, yet again.

“Dr. Deathdefying?” I asked. I hadn’t heard the name before. Gerard nodded.

“Dr. D is pretty much our leader. He keeps tabs on everything that has to do with BLI from his diner just on the outskirts of Zone 4.” I nodded and everyone got up to get ready for the fight. By the time we were done, we heard engines running outside. We all put on our masks and walked out.

There were more vans than I had originally thought were coming. Dracs poured out of every single one and we all stood our ground with our guns in hand. The first Drac came barreling toward me. I didn’t have enough time to raise my gun before he was already down with a shot to the head. I looked over at Gerard and he gave me a smile. I smiled back and Frankie let out a battle cry as he ran forward, taking down Dracs left and right.

We all followed suit and were doing well, until more vans came. More Dracs came out along with a few S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/Ws. I felt one grab me from behind. I struggled to get loose but I couldn’t. Finally, someone shot it in the head and I fell to the ground. I got up to find Gerard fighting off anything that came towards me. He turned to glance at me.

“Nightmare! Save yourself, I’ll hold them back!” I was frozen in place until he spoke again. “Go!” I snapped out of my daze and ran… toward him.

“I said run! God damn it, run! Save yourself!” I shot Dracs left and right until I finally got to him. Then, I took his face between my hands and kissed him full on the lips. I pulled away and smiled at his confused, but slightly happy face.

“Just in case one of us doesn’t make it, I love you, Gerard.” He smiled and kissed me one more time.

“I love you, too. Now, go. Run and don’t look back. If you can, come back later. I will find you again, I promise. If you run into anyone, take them with you. It’s me that Korse wants, and I won’t let them take you. Hurry, before they realize what you’re up to.” I nodded and kissed him one last time, this one heated and passionate. I broke away, turned around, and ran for dear life.

I managed to get Chris, Moe, and Ray to come with me. We ran liked madmen away from the fight. Luckily, no Dracs followed us. We ran and ran until we couldn’t run anymore. When we stopped, Moe brought Chris’ face to hers and they engaged in a passionate kiss, much like mine and Gerard’s earlier. I just smiled; I knew it was gonna happen soon enough.

Ray, Chris, and Moe fell asleep quickly. I was still awake, thinking of Gerard and watching the stars. I would find him one day, I knew it. And when I did, we’d finally be together.

I will find you, Gerard. And when I do, I’m never letting you go. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the sound of Gerard’s voice in my head, singing my favorite song.

We can leave this world, leave it all behind. We can steal this car if your folks don’t mind. We can live forever, if you’ve got the time…
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, guys, that's it... Unless, of course, you want an epilogue explaining what happens afterwards. I'd be happy to do it if you'd like me to =]

Sorry it's so short; I just wrote down what was on my mind and this is what came out. =]

Thank you so much to my 7 subscribers, you guys are awesome. I love you so much. ♥

So, comments and tell me if you would like an epilogue!

xoxo
Lexxi