Status: Completed =]

Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back

For All of Us Who've Seen the Light

Beth’s P.O.V.

I awoke to the sound of snoring next to me and a dull pain in my shoulder. Suddenly, all memories of what happened at the prison flooded my mind; the laser hitting my shoulder, someone screaming my name as I fell and blacked out.

I opened my eyes and turned my head to my left to see Chris laying there, looking adorable in his sleep. His eyes flickered as he dreamed and he was softly snoring. I felt the corners of my lips tilt up in a smile.

I sat up slowly, stretching out my sore and stiff limbs, making me believe that I had been out for more than a couple hours. I looked down at my shoulder and was surprised by how much it seemed to have healed up. I heard the springs on the bed shift as Chris got up. I looked over to him as he rubbed his eyes. He looked at me and his eyes widened.

“Beth! You’re up! You’ve been out for three days, we were all so worried, especially me. Beth, I’ve wanted to tell you this for a long time and you getting hurt made me realize that I should tell you before time runs out. Beth, I love you. I have loved you since we became incredibly close, but I thought I never had a chance, so I never did anything.” He paused and looked at me. I was pretty shocked, honestly. He took my surprise as a bad thing and hung his head.

“I’m sorry, Beth. I understand if you don’t feel the same.” I interrupted him.

“Chris-.” He cut me off.

“No, its okay, Beth. I underst-.”

Chris.” I repeated. He turned his sad gaze to me.

“Yeah, Beth?” He asked sadly. I looked into his green eyes and said what I had to say.

“Kiss me.” His eyes got wide.

“What?” He asked, shocked.

“I said, kiss me.” He didn’t hesitate for another second as he put his hand in my hair and pulled my face to his. Our lips met and sparks flew, causing my stomach to turn in circles. My hands moved up to his neck and I brought him closer. My fingers tangled in his hair, wanting more of him.

I felt his tongue glide against my bottom lip, asking for access. I gratefully granted it and felt pure bliss as his tongue explored my mouth. His other arm snaked around my waist, bringing me even closer to him.

“Just best friends, huh?” I jumped away from Chris and turned to see Ray leaning against the door jamb with a smirk on his face. My cheeks exploded with color as I realized what he just saw. Then, I realized that I didn’t care. I loved Chris and he loved me. I smiled hugely at Ray.

“Not just best friends anymore.” Ray smiled at us as I scooted over to Chris and took his hand. Chris smiled down at me and I smiled back.

“Well, congrats. I’m happy for you, but it’s about time. I mean, you two were practically a couple already. I just don’t know how Gerard and Frank are gonna take this, though.” I felt my face scrunch up in confusion.

“I already told them that I loved Chris. Why would they still react to something like this?” Chris smiled down at me for my words. Ray gave an incredulous look.

“Beth, just because you’re with someone else doesn’t mean that others can’t like you. Sorry, but it doesn’t work that way.” I sighed.

“Well, Gerard and Frank will just have to deal with it.” Chris said. I smiled and Ray smiled at us.

“Well, like I said, I’m happy for you two. Just please, no making out at every chance you get, yes?” Chris and I laughed, but nodded.

Things were definitely starting to look up.

“Oh, and Beth, I suggest putting on a shirt before you see the others.” Ray left quickly as my cheeks heated up. I didn’t realize that I was only in my bra and jeans.

“Why didn’t you tell me I didn’t have a shirt on?” I asked Chris. He shrugged.

“I didn’t realize it until Ray brought it up.” I lightly smacked his arm and he laughed. I walked over to the closet that held all of our clothes and looked for a shirt. I finally decided on my Sick Puppies shirt. I haven’t heard anything from them in a while.

I threw on my shirt, which only caused minimal pain in my shoulder. I walked over to Chris and took his hand. He smiled down at me and I returned the smile. I stood on my tiptoes and softly kissed his cheek, and then I pulled him to the living room. I was eager to see everyone.

I walked into the room and everyone’s head turned our way.

“Beth!!!!” Moe shot up and tackled me in a hug. I let go of Chris’ hand and hugged her back tightly.

“Thank God you’re awake! You have no idea how torturous it’s been always hearing Gerard, Frank, Ray, Mikey, and Chris whine about how you’re not awake yet.” I blushed a bit at the fact that they all cared for me so much.

“Alright, alright, step aside, Moe. It’s my turn to hug Beth.” Frankie smiled at me and pulled into his small frame. Sure, he was a bit taller than me, but I’m pretty short, which meant he was short, too. I laughed and hugged him back.

Next was Mikey, who gave me a shy little smile as I stepped into his embrace. I wrapped my arms around his slender waist and held him tight. We broke apart and Ray walked up with a smile on his face.

“Glad to see that you decided put on a shirt, Beth.” I laughed and reached my arms out to hug him. When we pulled away, he then turned around to face everyone else.

“I have an announcement to make! I would like to congratulate the newest couple in our little screwed up family, Beth and Chris! They finally got together.” I felt my cheeks heat up at his announcement. Everyone clapped except for Gerard, who got up and left the room. I felt my smile wash away as I watched his retreating figure.

“I’ll go talk to him.” Frankie said, but I held up my hand to stop him.

“No, Frankie, I got this.” He nodded and I followed the path Gerard had taken to the room he shared with Mikey. I walked up to the door and peeked in. I saw his figure sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. I pushed the door open further and walked in.

“Gee, what’s wrong?” I asked softly as I sat next to him on the bed. He looked up, startled at my presence. Then, he looked away again.

“Oh, nothing. I’m fine, just tired, you know?” The sad tone in his voice was barely there, but I recognized it anyways. He was lying to me.

“Gerard, I know something’s up. Why won’t you tell me?” He looked up at me and conflict was evident in his eyes.

“Because I don’t understand it, Beth. I don’t understand why I’m like this.” I placed my hand on his arm.

“Like what, Gee?” I asked softly. He looked deep into my eyes and then took a deep breath. After a few moments of this, he finally spoke.

“I love you, Beth.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh drama =/ What will happen next??

Actually, I want to hear what you guys want to happen next =] So, fire away!

Comment and Subscribe!

xoxo
Lexxi