Status: Put On Hold- (laptop crashed, all stories lost. I have to rewrite them all again)

Dear Jay, I love You!

Today is the Day

Chapter 3
It’s a Thursday night and here I am sitting at my desk looking out my window. Of course I should be a good Korean girl and study, but I’m pretty sure no one at my high school studies anyways. I just got out of the shower and was staring at the stars wishing on every single one of them that I would become “someone”. I haven’t received an email from Jay since I sent him my reply at school by the tree. I put my head down on my desk and sighed, I know it’s not a big deal but when he takes a while to reply I feel like maybe he is laughing at me too. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I heard the soft tune of my phone go off. I sat up so quickly and grabbed my phone to open up my email.

Dear Amber,
I’m so sorry for the late reply! I got so caught up with school affairs that I didn’t have the time. You know, maybe the people at school makes fun of you because they want to be more like you. Just think about it, you’re super genuine, sweet, and SMART. What person wouldn’t want to be like that? Every time they go after you, just laugh it off. Take a stand for yourself! Hell, even agree with them just to see their reaction. I know, easier said than done, but in this high school world you have to do everything you can to survive! Anyways, today is Thursday; the week is technically almost up! Don’t you think it is time to meet up?

My heart was literally about to burst out of my chest. I didn’t know what to feel; happy, excited, or scared? I stared down at the email and reread that one line: The week is technically almost up! Don’t you think it is time to meet up? I felt knots in my stomach, a million thoughts raced through my head. What if he thinks I’m a freak? What if he thinks I am ugly and a waste of time? What if he doesn’t like me or thinks I’m weird. I sat there stunned, unable to process anything. I finally began to type my reply.

Dear Jay,
Thank you so much for the confidence booster, I really needed it. I am so happy that you are there for me. I don’t know what I would do without you. Whenever is fine with me when you want to meet. :] Just tell me a date, place, and time!

I press send and laid my head down embarrassed. What will happen… I wonder who he really is…

It was late by now and I figured Jay might have already gone to bed by the time I replied. I slipped under the covers of my bed and attempted to sleep. I kept tossing and turning throughout the whole entire night! I just couldn’t sleep knowing that Jay and I are going to meet soon. I eventually fell asleep at some point in the night and woke up for school. I got up slowly and felt the aftermath of staying up so late. I forced myself to get dressed and made my way downstairs. My stomach was still in knots so I wasn’t very hungry. My parents were already gone, and my brother was nowhere to be seen, I only assumed he must have gone to school early. I made my way out of the door with a banana and began walking towards school. I then heard a soft tune playing in my pocket. I stopped and pulled out my phone to see it was another email. I nervously opened the email and read its contents.

Dear Amber,
I’m glad that I was able to help! I think today we should meet after school at the local diner, Champion’s Diner. It’s a great place, and even though the foods probably would block your artery, it’s totally worth it. I’ll see you around 4 okay? Can’t wait!
Oh p.s. I’ll be wearing a red cap.

My eyes went huge; I might have actually looked like a white kid. I didn’t know what to do. The reality of meeting him was so overwhelming and scary. I don’t know how I am going to go through school today. I found myself sitting in my desk with my head down; I didn’t want to make eye contact with anyone in fear of being made fun of. I know Jay told me to take a stand and laugh it off with them but I don’t have the courage for that. I can hear footsteps passing by me, and people whispering. I could only imagine what they could be saying about me. I heard the teacher coughing, signaling to us that class is starting. I looked up and began taking my notes. I felt something hit my head and looked over to see a wadded up paper ball. I sighed, knowing that the torture is now about to begin. I ignored it and kept writing down my notes, as I felt more tiny items hitting me in the back and head. My fingers tighten their grip on my pencil as I clinched my teeth in anger. I knew I couldn’t say anything or they might make fun of me anymore. I then began to hear the insults from the rest of the kids. “She’s so ugly” “She’s so weird… why did she come here?” the insults kept piling up on each other. I was almost at tears when the bell finally rang. I got up quickly and hurried out. As I walked off holding my books close to my chest I caught a glimpse of something shocking in the hallway. A red cap passed me; a guy was in a red cap… could it be Jay? I whipped around and looked around frantically but the hallway was filled with students and no red cap was to be seen. I stepped inside my next class and sat down as I started to get that anxious feeling again.
Today is the day that I will meet Jay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for the long wait! My laptop crashed so I lost EVERYTHING I had done. Unfortunately, I was very busy with senior year, and dual credit classes so I wasn't able to write. But now I finally am able to! Yay