Status: One-Shot.

Just Friends.

One/One

I sat with both hands on the wheel, my car shut off and in park but sat their still staring up to my big brothers house in total fear of what I was to encounter. I hadn't been home in months. With my job keeping me away (as I wanted it to do) and the reason which I'd soon find out about you couldn't blame me for wanting to stay away.

When I was about to start up my car and drive back to L.A. I was caught red handed by Zack who happened to open the dog and noticed my terrorized face. Zack had been my brothers long time best friend and also happened to be my best friends husband. Carolina soon appeared at the door and looked out noticing my arrival. She beamed a grin at me before walking past her husband of 6 months and towards me.

"You've made it!" she grinned opening my door. I slowly looked up to her. "I have to go back" I spoke quickly. "No! You're here, you are staying, now get out!" she ordered. I groaned and sluggishly forced myself out of the car. "I don't want to deal with this guys" I spoke once reaching the house. "But he loves her Em" Zack whispered giving me a saddened look. I nodded. It was true, somewhere under her perfectly blond hair, her fake lashes and over done madeup eyes lied something which caused him to love her like no other. She was medium height, big boobed and bright smile which I knew was faked whenever around his friends.

We entered the house where I soon found my brother Matt hanging out with the rest of his friends and fellow band mates. I nodded noticing Matt while he just gave me a reasurring smile and as I turned and noticed the other heavily tattooed men give me a small smile something in them gave me a tiny bit of hope.

But all seemed to fail the moment I laid my eyes on them. It wasn't shortly after I arrived as well. He stood tall, as always, his hair dark and spiked up all over the place. His blue eyes hid behind a pair of dark rimmed glasses and a smile spread across his face once noticing my pressents. "EMILY!" He yelled out ditching the blond at his side and walking towards me with arms out. I smiled, something real for once and hugged him back. I hadn't hugged him in months but it still felt the same as the one I had recieved at the Bakers wedding.
"You don't know how happy I am to see you, we've missed you at Christmas" he spoke his eyes seemed to sparkle as he looked down to me. I nodded feeling a bit guilty for not being here for him but for the reason why I was here was the reason why I didn't show. In the back of my head I could hear the messages Caro had left me.

"Emily, he and that...BITCH are getting married! They are really getting married, Emily you should have been here to stop this! Everyone knows you and Jimmy were made for one another!!"

"Jimmy" her voice broke us from the gaze which we didn't know was lasting so long. "Oh um, yeah come here Amber" he spoke turning to the girl dressed head to toe in so many shades of pink. I was discussed by this creature he was going to call his wife. Where on earth he found her, my guessing was at a concert, backstage or at some strip joint. Though a part of me wanted to give her a chance most of my thoughts weren't great towards this girl.
She walked up beside him. I felt like if Barbie was real, Amber could portray her in more then the right ways. "So you're this girl who everyone won't shut up about!" she spoke in a slightly unexpected voice. she smiled to me fakely before looking up to Jimmy. He smiled and turned to me. Awkwardly I nodded and walked into the kitchen taking a seat at the breakfast bar beside Matt. "If I surivive tonight, I am quite sure I can survive anything" I sighed. He just smiled and handed me a beer. This wedding party was just getting started and I knew it would take more than one beer to get me through it for sure.

--

Two hours, that's all it had been. I sat beside Caro and Zack while Amber ranted on about how long it took her to find the right dress and then after that how long it took to find the cake. I turned to Caro and made a crazed angery face while she just smile shaking her head.

"I can't believe its in two days! My life is going to change in just two days!" she grinned smiling widely before getting up and walking over to her husband to-be. "Out of all people" I sighed. "Out of ALL people and what I also don't think is far is he even said he never planned to marry anyone!" I spoke. "Emily, you can't end this, I'm afraid he really does...love her" Caro pointed out. The two smiled and giggled at one another which made me want to vomit and then run upstairs and cry my eyes out.
"Two days better take forever to come"

--
But my words were far from true. To my disadvantage the two days passed by faster than the speed of light. "This isn't happening, this is indeed a nightmare" I whispered. "No its not, and you aren't asleep" whispered Brian who stood right behind me. "Fuck off Haner, you're killing me" I spoke in the same whisper voice. He chuckled and walked off. "All guest into the church the weddings soon going to begin!" yelled someone. I turned to see it was the brides mom, it was obvious who she was, a loud mouth by birth and the same plastic fake look her daughter protrayed it must of ran in the family.

"Good luck being the maid of horror" I rolled my eyes. Caro just laughed and I processed into the church and down the isle to Jimmy's side of the church and sat down in the second row. While waiting for the murder scene to begin I chatted with his parents and sisters who all seem to feel the same as everyone else. "I only imaged my son being with you" his mother spoke. I smiled weakly. If only I secretly thought. "Its a shame really...but he seems to love her..." she didn't seem impressed which saddened me.

The guys soon walked down the isle, Matt was his bestman, Brian, Zack and Johnny waiting beside him anxiously waiting themselves. I smiled to Matt who nodded back to me and then turned to Jimmy. For the first time in my life I saw a look of true sadness settle in his eyes. He stood starting down at the red carpeted floor before his eyes rose to meet with mine. He nerviously watched me, his breathing fast and heavy and before I could get up and do something the organ started up and everyone rose as Amber started down the isle. "Shit" I whispered looking about and then straight to Matt who gave me a weird stare. I shook my head and stood there painfully as an overly happy Amber walked past me. "Dearly beloved: We have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony" the Prist began. I looked around noticing the smiles they shared. Everyone seemed happy but me and the slightly few others who weren't buying into this shit. As he continued and went on my nerves were getting the best of me. I tried my best to not scream, break down crying or go up and slap that bitch taking the man I thought I diserved but neither sounded rational and embarressing myself wasn't in the adjenda for today. I sighed and took a deep breath in before rising up and walking out of the scene. On the way out I had gotten a lot of weird and dirty looks, whispers about me were about and a few heads shook from misunderstanding.

I didn't realize I had started crying until I opened the front doors to the church and started panting needing breath. "I need outta here" I choked quickly jolting down the stairs and looking around for some type of taxi or familiar car. "EMILY WAIT!"
I froze, my eyes widening as I turned. He stood panting as he ran out the doors and in front of me.

"W-What are y-you doing?" I stuttered. He didn't have time to reply as Amber's shrilling screams came closer from inside. "We gotta get outta here" He grabbed my hand and started running down the sidewalk. I just followed knowing not where we'd end up but just with him.
"JIMMY!!!"

Even with her screaming and crying behind us we didn't turn back it wasn't until we were blocks down the road, almost to the park where we slowed down and came to a breathless stop.

"Fuck! Oh man I'm so glad to be outta there!" he panted hunched over. I sighed closing my eyes. "We can't stay here lets go to the shop" I spoke. My parents had owned a coffee shop for as long as I could remembered whenever something went wrong we always ended up their, wheither it was a failed math test we didn't want mom and dad to find out about in eighth grade or running away from a crowd of angery teenagers from a wordbound fight in eleventh; The coffee shop was the spot to hid in.

We ran into the shop and collasped in the first empty booth in eyesight. "Ugh these heels!" I painfully moaned. I pulled them off before placing them beside me. I sighed closing my eyes and let the madness relax for a second before opening them again. I came into sight with his eyes staring into my own. Looking down a frown soon placed its way upon my face. "Don't frown Emmy" he spoke reaching out placing his hand on my own. "I just kidnapped the groom from the bride at your wedding, Jimmy this isn't like the time you let the mice out at that pet store or the time you ran from the cops pretty much naked because your neighbour caught you skinny dipping in her pool" I spoke trying not to laugh at the last one. He grinned chuckling a bit. "Yeah but she wasn't the one.." he admitted. "Seeing her walk down that isle, it wasn't right" he shook his head. I sighed. "And besides,Emily, we aren't really... friend material" he explained thinking it out making weird faces while doing so. I looked to him frowning. "Thanks man" I turned and grabbed my heels kind of pissed. "After all the shit you put me through, are you for real!?" I yelled. He laughed and got up soon towering above me again. I glared to him crossing my arms. "I'm for real but I swear you aren't sometimes" he shook his head and with that he quickly leaned down and swept me off my feet kissing me unexpectingly. I stood still until we parted. "Um..." "And I didn't mean friend material in a bad way, you've been my best friend forever, I don't want that to change, I just want us to be more than that" he grinned. I felt my cheeks start to burn. "You suck Sullivan, but I can't help but fucking love you" I grinned. He chuckled loudly before we returned to kissing in my parents coffee shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short one-shot I boredly wrote. Sorry for mistakes. Its been awhile since I've posted too so I figured somethings better than nothing. (: