Status: Updates whenever possible

Princely

Prologue Part 2

“Do you have everything you need?” my father asked again.

“Yes, father,” I replied again. They’re treating me like a little child. Like I’ve never gone anywhere alone before.

“You remember the etiquette lesson for the king?”

“Yes, father,” I sighed. I don’t understand why I had to be given an etiquette lesson in the first place. I was fucking raises on etiquette lessons. I not likely to ever forget.

“Henry,” came a stern voice. I turned and bowed to my grandmother, Queen Elizabeth. She only uses my real name when she means business.

“Grandmother?”

“Just stay out of trouble. Do nothing to dishonor this country. And Harry?” I looked up at her. “Have fun,” she finished, kissing my cheek and sweeping off.

“Everyone is gathered in the hall, awaiting you,” my father told me. I nodded, still thinking about what I was going to say. Technically this was a press conference.

As I entered the Great Hall everyone bowed. “Please, no bowing every time you see me. We will all get tired out quickly that way. I’d like to take this time to thank you before it gets crazy. All of the workers-you will make a big difference in this town’s survival. Press members,” I looked to the four of them standing in front of me, “thank you for agreeing to show that we, the Royal Family, care about our people. I know it’s better business to catch me wrongdoing, and I give you plenty of opportunities,” I grinned as the everyone laughed, nodding their heads. “Everyone, don’t hesitate to ask me or Alfred any questions,” I gestured to the royal press secretary that was coming along. “Now let’s get this show on the road!” I ran out the front door, the fifteen men following closely behind.

“The American journalist will be meeting us at the airport. Her plane is scheduled to land right about now,” Alfred informed me in the car on the way to the airport.

I choked on the water I had just taken a sip of. “Her?” Suddenly the thought of this trip brightened even more.

“Yes. It is a woman. Is that a problem?”

“No, not at all,” I quickly replied.

“Sir, I must warn you. The prospects that she will be charmed by your rank is low indeed. American girls are, shall we say, a bit feisty.”

“Are you doubting my charming abilities? I bet I can have her fall in love with me in three weeks,” I boasted.

“You’re on,” Alfred gave in. I love how his youthful side always comes out around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment & subscribe!