Strange Minds Think Alike

Saturday Night

When Saturday night came I changed into a short black, Gothic Lolita skirt that went over my belly button and ruffled out past my thighs, and a lacy, white top. I had on black platform boots that went up to my knees and black lace stockings and gloves. I took time to actually do my hair and makeup and topped it off with a fluffy white bow and chunky gothic jewelry. I traded in my rainbow barbells for black metallic ones. I put on some dark maroon lipstick and fake eyelashes to complete the mock-Goth Japanese look. I didn't always dress like this, i just like to change it up for this close-minded town.

“Alright, do I look decent enough to go see a movie?” I asked as Gerard came down the hallway toward me.

“You look amazing as always, Silver,” he told me as he did a once over. And I swear he gazed a little longer in some places. No, I’m probably being delusional, Gerard's just my friend. We were in the bathroom and crossed reflections in the big mirror. He was wearing pretty much the same thing as yesterday but a little different.

He changed out his Labret for a segment ring, (a little hoop thing), and he applied some eyeliner. I never had a problem with him wearing makeup. To be honest he looked really sexy with all the black around his eyes. No jock-strap could pull that off. He had on some sort of tight, black leather-y pants and a white collar shirt with a strappy trench coat on over. But don’t worry it wasn’t one of those long freaky ones; it was shorter and tighter, and extremely hot. His hair was especially spiky and stuck out all over his head like a gothic halo.

And at that we walked out. I grabbed my Nightmare Before Christmas wallet and we left his little cottage. We didn’t use his car often unless we were going far. In this case we were. We really couldn’t walk the freeway to downtown. We’ve tried. The police took us home and Nora freaked out. But it was pretty damn hilarious. So we got in his gray 1967 Mustang with the black stripes on the hood. It was beautiful. Makes me wish even more that Lorraine would let me fucking drive.

So off we were. We were going to see some new gory, scary movie of the year. I turned on the radio but quickly switched it to the CD. It was some screamo mix tape, and as big a screamo fan as I am I wasn’t in the mood for something so hard. I switched it with a soft pop rock mix tape, including bands like Shiny Toy Guns, Lights, and Scary Kids Scaring Kids. Gerard scrunched his nose; he’s not a fan of Lights. “I’m not yours and you’re not mine, but we can sit and pass the time…”

~***~

The line was fucking long. Who knew so many people wanted to see this scary movie, they’re all the same anyways. There was a group of guys in front of us that looked like they were trying a little too hard to look like the Jesus and Mary Chain. Their hair frayed out like they hadn’t showered in days. In front of them was the ever so inevitable cheerleader clan. They were in their, oh so original sleek blonde hair and dark eyelashes and short skirts. Fucking skanks. They looked innocent and dirty at the same time. And in front of them was some drunken idiot holding up the line.

“But I’m not even drunk!” he shouted. Talk about making a scene. “I didn’t even have taste…” he dragged out. The girl at the front looked frightened. She obviously hadn’t dealt with drunks before. I saw her on the phone talking in a panicked tone. “Fucking let me in you whore!” he half slurred half shouted. And as if on cue two big security guys came and dragged him out. Thank God. I don't understand why he wanted to see a movie drunk and alone anyways.

The line started moving faster and we finally got in. We found some seats in the very back of our movie room. It was surprisingly empty in here. Everyone must have come to see that new stupid romantic comedy. Whatever. At least there was no one back here planning on making out during the whole thing.

The movie started and I immediately lost attention for it. I looked over at Gerard as he sipped out of the coke. We only got one, since it costs like a million bucks for a fucking cup of soda pop. He looked back at me when I turned away. Then I looked back not liking this school girl move of “look, look away. Okay now look again!” He was staring straight into my eyes as if they held all the answers. So this is a stare down, eh? I never lost this game. I stared into his hazel eyes, they were so pretty. I never noticed how gorgeous his eyes were. He just kept staring at me with such intensity, I wanted to look away so badly, in fear that I'd close the space between us. But then a loud scream came from the movie and we both started laughing when we heard someone from the crowd gasp dramatically. Someone shushed us to ‘shut the hell up’ and I glared at him until he looked away. Ha.

“Do you wanna get out of here?” Gerard asked. Did I ever? I stood up and he followed. Once we got out of the theatre I laughed, “that was the stupidest movie ever!” and it really was.

“I know right? I totally lost interest after the first five minutes. Well that was a waste of 30 bucks. Damn. So where do you wanna go now my lovely dear whom I live to spoil and cherish?” he said and I giggled. His eyes were like liquid amber, and so, so beautiful. I completely forgot what he asked me, his eyes were consuming me, a-fucking-gain. Then I heard him laughing.

“Wait what?” I said, my cheeks flaming.

“Aw, you’re blushing darling. Do I embarrass you?” he said and grinned his Gerard-grin again. God.

“I am not! And no!!” I exclaimed, a little too loudly.

I looked away but he grabbed my hand and brought me close to him and kissed it, his eyes gazing up at me. “I’m honored to make you blush Silver,” he said. He’s just always flirting. But I have to remind myself it’s not real. We’re just friends.

“Please,” I drew out sarcastically. And he just looked at me. I realized how empty the halls were in the theatre. Everyone was in a movie, and we were alone. And he was just looking at me, like he wanted me. He didn’t let go of my hand and, if possible, brought me closer. My heart stopped. There was no way this was happening. I didn’t move, he didn’t move. He never forced me into something I didn’t want to do. It’s my decision to make. He touched my hair, and started twirling it around his fingers like it was the softest silk. I closed my eyes.

Then someone rushed past us and turned into a movie, obviously late. I opened my eyes in surprise, then Gerard stepped back still holding my hand, but it all felt normal again. I breathed out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I couldn’t decide if I was disappointed he turned away, or grateful he left everything up to me. I’ve been with pushy guys before. Gerard was not pushy.
~*~
We ended up stopping in one of my favorite vintage stores and trying on all sorts of costumes until we had sex hair. We accidently walked into the dressing room at the same time and he tripped and his hands fell against the wall behind me and we started breathing all weird like at the movie theater. But I coughed and he had stepped back saying sorry but giving me a sly smile.

So then, without buying anything, we headed to the all night diner down the street, and we were gona make a scene. We love role play. I was gona go in the bathroom and come back in and start cursing at him for fooling around with another woman and he was gona start cursing at me to leave him alone and to get a life. Then we’d get kicked out.

I watched Gerard walk into the diner and heard the bell chime against the glass door. An old waitress led him to a table and gave him a menus. That's my cue. I barge into the diner, the bell ringing violently. "Gerard!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I head in his direction as he looks up at me in mock surprise.

"Silver.. are you fucking stalking me?!" He yells back.

"Iknow about her Gerard! I know about the goddamn slut you've been cheating on me with," my voice is bouncing off the windows, making sure everyone hears me.

"Yeah, that's right! I've been cheating on you! You finally fucking figured it out! We're over bitch!" He gets out in time, right before the manager interupts our vulgar fight.

"Hey! our diner will not allow this kind of language! I suggest you leave this instant," the manger tells us, fuming,pointing at the door expectantly.

So we did as he said and left. I'd have to say we put on a good show for the boring people eating at a 24-hour-diner at 1 o’clock in the morning in Pennsylvania. We were just laughing our butts off all the way to the car.

Before we got in the Mustang I called Nora and said I was crashing at Gerard’s. She didn’t really have a problem with that; she knows we’re just friends. Strictly friends. But now I’m kind of nervous, after the two unusual events that happened today.

Gerard cut the engine once we pulled up to his little cottage of a home. Plants were winding all around the outside. It’s funny; it looks like something out of a fairytale, and inside its all painted black. The lawn could really use a mow though, but I’m not volunteering.
....

“Silver, we’re here,” Gerard whispered as I began to regain consciousness, I was kind of dozing off. Then I realized I was too tired to move. I couldn’t get up; I couldn’t even move my head. I guess that’s what happens when you stay awake for over 36 hours. Before I knew what was happening his arms were around me and my body was lifted like it was nothing. I murmured something but Gerard just shushed me.

Then I felt a bed underneath me and I was out.

~***~

I was in a room. A room I’ve been in many times before. A room that I thought I’d never see again. It was all black and dark. There was a huge crowd of unusual looking creatures staring back at me. It was set up as some kind of court room or something. The crowds behind me all whispering to one another, and in front of me were a beautiful man and woman.

They looked exactly the same. He was all in white. So was she. They looked so pure and at peace. They looked so happy without even smiling. Something about their eyes, like a forever smile in their eyes.

“You must come back,” he said to me in a voice as smooth as silk. “Monroe needs you to replace her.”

“Look I’ve told you before; I have no idea what you’re talking about. And you’re not real. This is all in my head.” I said coolly, thinking back to the institution and all the psychos. I did not want to go back there.

“We Need You Here,” he said again. The crowd started yelling at me to stay. Screaming to help them. They need me.

“YOU’RE NOT REAL!!” I screech out needing to get out of this dream. The screaming grew louder and everything started to blend together in cries and colors.

Then I blacked out completely.

~*~

I woke with a gasp and thought I might cry for a second. I pulled myself together telling myself it wasn’t real. I wasn’t going back to that horrible place. The sound of a tea kettle rang out. I put my hands to my face expecting a mess of black eye shadow and lipstick to stain my skin. I was surprised to find it completely clean. This, if you didn’t know, would come as a total surprise, seeing that I passed out last night and didn’t wash any of my makeup off. I look down and see that I’m stripped down to my tank top and underwear as well. I look over and see the blankets are crumpled. Whoa, did I miss something?

I get up and go to the kitchen and there’s Gerard in his boxers. Shirtless. It’s not like I’ve never seen him shirtless, I just feel weird this morning or something. And, wow, he looked great. Gerard wasn’t, like, super muscular or anything, but he was toned, and quite sexy.

“Did you change me?” I burst, confused and sort of breathless. He turns around, clearly startled.

“Oh, yes…and no. Well I washed your face because I knew you’d feel like complete shit this morning if I didn’t. And I just took off your skirt and shirt, isn’t that what you wear to bed anyways?” he explains embarrassed. And yes I usually just wear my undies and a tank top to bed when I’m here, but still, he took my clothes off.

“Oh yeah, okay,” I mused, thinking of how his hands were on me, all over me. This shouldn’t faze me, it’s not like it’s a big deal he washed my face and stuff. But that didn’t keep me from freaking out about it.

I walked toward the teapot to shut it up at the same time he did, as he asked, “want some tea?” and we ended up in the same position as we were in last night. Me; cornered, and him with his hands on both sides of me. All of a sudden I wanted him, like I’ve never wanted him before. I boldly touched one of his hands on the counter. He took a step closer until I was almost leaning backwards on the countertop. He inched his hands up, off the counter, and onto my waist. I put my hands as around him as best I could and pulled him toward me.

Then he kissed me. And it was wonderful. His lips were warm and he tasted like spearmint tea and vanilla. My hands wound up his chest and then he lifted me on top of the counter, making it easier to put my arms around his neck. His hands moved into my hair and he started twirling it between his fingers again. I lost my breath when he swept his tongue over my bottom lip, then he started to kiss down my neck. I gasped as he kissed my collar-bone and back up to my neck. Then he started to suck on the skin there, and Oh God.

What was I doing? This is Gerard. You’re best friend! If you keep this up you’re going to ruin the only real friendship you have, and for what, a one-night-stand? You need to stop this!

As much as I didn’t want to, the conscious part of my brain was right. I couldn’t do this if it meant losing Gerard. I pulled away from his kisses which had gone back to my lips. We were breathing so hard you would’ve thought we’d just run a fucking marathon.

“Wow. That was worth waiting for,” he whispered.

“Gerard I…we, can’t do that…and there’s just too much...and it’s me, and you…and so much flirting…we’re just friends,” I choked out, then my face reddened, I sounded like a bumbling idiot.

He laughed. “Oh Silver, do you know how long I’ve been waiting for you, and you won’t even give me a chance. Sometimes I think you think I’m gay or something,” he said. Oh no, he sounded mad.

“But, Gerard, you’re my best friend. I don’t want that to go away-” I started to say, but he cut me off.

“What are you talking about? I’m not going anywhere. I’ve been waiting for you to realize that for almost two years!” he exclaimed.

“You have?” I asked, extremely shocked. I had no idea Gerard wanted me. Oh this was too much.

“Yes Silver. Please just tell me you see that, at least now,” he said.

“Oh,” I simply said. And judging by the look on his face, that wasn’t enough. So I kissed him again. I wrapped my arms around him and his hands slid to the back of my neck. And if it’s possible, this kiss was even better than the first.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm not entirely sure i remember where this story was going. but trying to start it back up.
xoxo