Heartfelt Inspiration

Eerie Relief

“Inspiration,” A nurse looked at me solemnly, “would you- would you like to see their bodies?” She asked hesitating. I remained indifferent though. I had not really known them. I talked to them about once every moment so the news that they were dead did not wreak havoc in my life.
“I suppose.” I muttered.
“Okay, follow me dear.” The nurse wore a rather depressed looking face but I could easily tell it was not at all sincere. She must have felt inclined to grace me with her sympathy. I rolled my eyes. People were so pretend these days. “Okay hun, they are right in here, you can stay as long as you need.” The lady led me into a bland looking room and threw me one last sad smile before retreating, reluctantly. I glanced at two bed with sheets draped over them carefully, without a doubt covering the disturbing bodies of my deceased grandparents.
I was a bit taken aback when I heard the news. I never expected something such as this occurring. A miniscule ounce of pain and sorrow did indeed course through me. I wasn’t completely heartless. I just did not know them very well and I did recall that when I was younger, my mother talked of how dreary and ignorant they were. She did not like them when I was young. She despised them. She did not even allow them in our house, ever. Living with them I learned that there were many reasons to dislike them but I had a feeling my mother had a more liable reason to loathe them besides their rude behaviors.
I strolled over to the first bed and lifted the sheet gently. My fingers shook and I began to feel the nervousness bubble in my stomach. A sudden realization hit me as I saw my awful, scowling, dead grandmother lying lifelessly on the bed. They were dead, very dead. I gasped and covered her quickly. What would this mean for my life? I didn’t have any legal guardians now that these people I dreaded calling my relatives were dead. I backed away from the disturbing woman and moved towards the other bed. I lifted his sheet as well and just stared at him. Distress raced for a moment through my heart, but it was soon dissolved by a delightful feeling of relief. It was a form of eerie relief, but relief all the same. He was dead. I was free. I would no longer have to live underneath his evil, twisted, disgusting rule. He had not control over me. I felt giddy, I almost jumped for joy.
I shook the happiness away and contemplated what would happen next. Where would they send me? I walked out of the room and back down the hall to the main waiting area. I checked out with the nurse and realized I had nowhere to go. At that moment I didn’t care though. I was free! I didn’t have to feel the terror of waking up another day in that household. I sighed relieved. Mom would be happy right now; she’d be happy for me.