Love Game

Everything was fine and nothing hurt

"Oh come on, Sofia! Love is just a game, Sofia! Don’t treat it like people take it damn seriously!" He shouted directly to my face.

"But you don’t know that I am one of those people? Fuck off, Kenny” I answered back and left without saying anything anymore to the person whom I thought loved me because he felt it not because he wants to play the game.

That was before, now I don’t believe in it anymore. Why do people enjoy the feeling of love when sometimes it just makes everything worse or sometimes it doesn’t help at all? Not feeling bitter or anything, just pointing out my thoughts, I just don’t get the sense of it being enjoyed by others. Love and I don’t fit. Not even close to 40%

I’ve been in and out of love. The last kind of love I felt from the opposite sex was close to a happy ending and people envied our relationship so bad but then I remembered that my life is not a fairytale with fairies and elves; my life is messed up because of love and by my ex fucking prince charming shit who made me realize that anything I’ve felt for him wasn’t worth it.

“Shit Sofia! You need to learn how to drink like it’s your last day, would you? You’re acting like your mother is secretly watching you from behind the trees!” said by my friend Sheena who was trying to over shadow the loud music in the background at the party.

“My body is not accepting any alcoholic beverages anymore after almost falling down the stairs a long time ago. My body is just saving me from humiliation that might happen when I get drunk again”

Sheena looked at me with confused eyes and it was painted all over her expression. I can’t say if it is because of the alcohol drink she was drinking might have hit her sense already or she hasn’t heard a word I’ve said because of the blasting music.

Sheena took a sip from her red party cup and nodded back as a response, “Whatever you say, Sofia. You’re—you are—you are such a virgin!” she stuttered by her own words.

My jaw dropped from shock. How the hell being a virgin got involved in our discussion about alcoholic beverages that only makes me lose my sense and get a severe headache the next day.

I felt someone wrapped his arm around my neck and I can smell the scent of alcohol that is competing with the scent of his perfume. It just gave me a hard time to breathe.

“Hey miss! I heard from your beautiful friend that you’re still a virgin. Want to get down?” asked by the drunk dude.

Without even turning around, I know who it was. I hated the voice. Well, I hated everything about that person. It only makes me want to throw up on his shirt because he disgusts me to death. He flirts around with girls and treats them like toys. He sleeps with them just to say that the girls go crazy over him. To cut it short, everything he does disgusts me. Kennedy Brock disgusts me.

I pulled his arm away and glared at him, “Get a life, Kenny. All you do is party, sex, flirt and party some more”

Kennedy chuckled and placed his cup on the table next to him, “and you, what do you love to do? Oh, I forgot, you told me you were one of the people who believed in that shit. Am I right? Am I right, baby?”

Baby, he called me baby after a year after the break up. It doesn’t matter, I don’t care anymore. For me, he’s just someone whom I hate.

I saw John and Pat coming to towards us with unexplainable faces and their eyes stuck on the drunk Kennedy.

“I am really sorry, Sofia. I’m sure Kennedy acted—uh, how should I call it?” John uttered.

“Absurd, should I say” I shot back with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

“Call it anything you want, Sof. I’m really sorry. I’m sure you know how drunk Kenny acts, right?” Pat asked.

I nodded and smirked, “all the time, guys. Nothing’s changed”

“Why are you saying sorry to that bitch?” Kennedy pointed his cup towards me and laughed by himself.

John grabbed Kennedy’s arm and pulled him away and to the comfort room and I was left with Pat who looks a little bit worried after John left him alone with me.

Pat grabbed my arm and said, “Can I talk to you in private?”

I can’t do anything to decline. He was already holding my arm and I can’t do anything to escape. It also has been a year since I last talked to Pat and John. I just have to cut off any connection I had with Kennedy back then.

Pat brought me to one of the rooms upstairs where it isn’t occupied by couples who are making out, “So, did you know about Kennedy’s parents?” Pat asked
.
I shook my head. I know his parents so well but not once have someone shared with me the life of Kennedy after our break up. All I know was he turned out to be someone who I thought he wouldn’t be.

“Well, while you were guys were together, Kennedy kept on saying that he sees the two of you like his parents: they loved one another so much and promised one another that no one can interfere that love. Not until one day, his father had a mistress and his mother found out. They thought of divorce and Kennedy thought that the love they showed to one another was just nothing. He kept that on mind until he treated you different and he flirted with others while you two were still together..“

Not once have Kennedy said a word about this. Not once. I would've helped him to be strong enough but no, he didn’t let me get to the chance of doing such a thing. Instead, he screwed up the relationship that everyone thought was real.

“.. After the two of you broke up, he became a man whore. But never has he loved someone like you. I actually think he still loves you though. When he’s drunk, he talks about you. When he’s asleep, he dreams about you. When he wakes up, he thinks about you. Everything is about you, Sof. I can’t even stand it anymore. He may have slept with more than six girls, he may have kissed more than ten girls but to be honest, he only knows one name of a girl—it’s Sofia”

My mouth opened wide and my knees felt weak that I have to sit on the bed just to support it, “Why are you telling me this, Pat?” I asked.

“Because that guy is a chicken; he can only talk to you when he’s drunk but no good words come out because even though he’s at his drunk state, he’s still a coward” Pat stated.

“Why now, Pat?” I asked again just to lessen the confusion in my head right now.

“We thought he could pass this by himself. No, he can’t. He’s just like a kid. It sucks, Sof. He acts like he’s a strong guy even in the beginning, but in fact, he needed you all along. He was stupid to screw up the relationship and too stupid to even let you go without even doing anything to get you back. He is so stupid to even—“

“Why is he so stupid? If he loved me, he should have fought for me” I said. The words just came out of my mouth without even thinking.

Pat sat beside me and forced a smile, “Because we heard rumors that you hated him to death and that was one of the reason he became something that he shouldn’t be. You were the sweetest girl he has ever met, the girl someday he would marry but he screwed it all up. By you hating him, made him more hateful of himself”

“I hate him so much for not doing it. I would’ve given him a second chance because I loved him that much, it hurts”

I feel so depressed. Maybe I still have feelings for him but sometimes I wish he would have done anything just to take me back. I would have given him the chance if he really wanted to.

Someone knocked on the door which made Pat and I suddenly zip our mouths because someone might have heard us. We breathed fine when John opened the door with the not-so-drunk-anymore Kennedy leaning on his arms.

“Pat, can Kenny stay here for a while? He’s kind of fine already. He just needs a bed to lie down to without couples making out” John uttered.

I moved away giving them the free space to place Kennedy on the bed. I felt awkward being in the same room as them after not talking since a year ago.

“Sof, can you watch over? Pat and I need to do something downstairs” John asked
I nodded and smiled. Do I even have a choice? Someone needs to watch over Kennedy while the two are gone to the party.

“Hey Sofia” Kennedy called out.

I turned around and sat on the edge of the bed, “Hey Kenny”

He chuckled, “I am so sorry for being acting that way a while ago. You don’t deserve to be called as a bitch”

I cleared my throat and gathered all of my confidence, “Kennedy, why didn’t you tell me about your parents? I could have at least helped you get over the problem”

Kennedy looked away and stared blankly at the distance between us, “I just can’t show you how weak I am that time. I was unfair. You were always there but I never said anything to you. I wrecked the whole thing and watched you walk away from me—walk away from my life

“Kennedy—“

“I know that what I felt for you was real love. It was the magical feeling that every person wants to feel. I never felt it with someone else, it was only you. It only has been you”

The gloomy feeling was in Kennedy’s voice. I knew he was being honest, he was telling the truth, “But Kennedy, I waited for you to come back. You never did. You just showed me a new Kennedy”

Kennedy shook his head and sighed heavily, “I got scared because they said you hated me. I don’t want you to hate me so I took the risk and the distance between us became too far for me to reach anymore. Right then, I know I couldn’t get you back like before”

I looked at my feet. I can’t say anything. I felt uncomfortable with him again but this is what I wanted a long time ago, to talk to him and just let my feelings out.

“Pat told you everything, huh?” Kennedy asked.

“He told me everything, Kenny. He started with your parents and how you believed that their love was full of nothing”

He sighed, “I’ve always wanted us to look like them. The way dad looks at mom was so wonderful. The way mom hugs my dad was so delightful. Someday, I wanted us to be like that but I got scared because of what happened to them. Many people envied their love but now what happened? Dad moved away and I’m stuck with my mom, Sof. It sucks!”

Kennedy moved and giving enough space for me to lie down beside him, “You should have showed them the right way to love; the right way to believe in it” I answered back with an hopeful voice.

“It was too late, Sofia. Look what I’ve become. Look at what they’ve become. I don’t want us to end up like that”

“We don’t have to be like them!”

Kennedy’s hand found its way to mine. I let it intertwine with mine because I always loved the feeling of it ever since we were kids.

“It was in the 7th grade that I saw you. We played thirty minutes in Heaven because we have to. I kissed you and that was the first real kiss I have ever done. Many asked me, who made you feel the real kiss. My answer is only one person, it was always you, Sofia” He chuckled

I smiled and chuckled, “We were so young, we don't know the meaning of the magical feeling back then. But then, love found its way to us and many years passed since you courted me and then there was you and me”

Kennedy smiled back, “I don't like playing the Love game anymore. I always wanted the real thing and not a fling”

“Then stop playing with it. I stopped believing in it after I left you. I always thought it was just a joke”

He chuckled, “I can only stop playing it when you come back to me. I'll be serious, I'll be what I was before. I'll be your Baby again”

I looked at him with surprise, “What?”

He looked deep at my eyes and his smile was still there, “I can only love one person, Sofia. Don't act like you don't know the person”

I bit my lower lip and I didn't replied back anymore. After a year, I can still imagine myself with Kennedy and was even willing to give him a second chance. Many asked me out but I turned them down because of him.

I sat up and rested my head on my hand, thinking of what to respond. I felt his arm wrapped around my waist and turned into a hug.

“I know this is not romantic like other girls wanted it to be but I just want to ask if I could take you back and we could go back like we were before” He whispered.

I looked at him, “I wish you asked me before, Kenny. I waited for so long but I know I was wrong for not saying it to you too”

“Answer please!” Kennedy exclaimed.

I glared at him, “Fine. Do what you want!”

Should I just let love enter my life again after all the heart break and tears that happened. But as I can see, it is trying its way back into me. He's finding his way back to me.

We stayed in our hugging position for more then 5 minutes. All I cared about is, he is here now. All I have to do is take him back.

“Sof, I'm a jerk. You're the best I had but I just let you slip away. Give me another chance and I promise, I'll tie you up beside me so you won't leave me again” He uttered softly to my ear.
I bit my lower lip, trying to stop myself from giggling because his voice gave me chills all over.

“Sof, I love you-- No, Baby I love you. I don't care what they think cause all I ever cared about is you”

I can feel the heavy breathing of his chest and I can feel his heart pounding.

“Kenny, I love you. I think I need you in my life again” I answered straightly.

His hug tightened, making me hard to breathe. He chuckled and laughed and I know that the happiness that was gone came back. The feeling that was gone was still there and hoping to find the other part of it. He is my other part. I love this guy too much and I can never let him go.

His lips found mine and I knew what the meaning of love is again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first one shot of Kennedy.
Is it okay? <3