I'm a Thief and I'll Take You

The Other Side

"I don't know. You tell me," Damon said from the side of Jessica's bed. She jumped in fear. It hadn't all been a nightmare after all. It really happened, but why didn't she have bite marks on her neck? Or bruises, scratches, something?

"I bet my bottom dollar that you're wondering why you have no bite marks, scratches, or bruises on your neck," Damon said.

"Holy hell! You can read minds too?" She yelled.

Damon smirked. "Something like that."
Jessica threw back the covers. "You should stay in bed," he advised.

She got up and her knees buckled instantly. She felt weak and tired. "What did you do to me?"

Damon chuckled his evil sexy laugh. "Nothing dear, I was merely hungry. I would never harm you," he said almost with a hint of sarcasm.

"Hungry?"

"Oh, don't you know?" he asked and sat Jessi back onto her bed. He even pulled the blankets over her as if he were about to tuck her in. "I'm a vampire."

"You've got to be joking."

Damon smirked yet again, but then his smirk was slowly replaced with an evil grin. "You wish," he replied and his eyes grew darker and his teeth longer. The darkness of his eyes swallowed Jessica up entirely.

****

Her eyes were lighter to open this time. She didn't feel tired or cold anymore. But of course as soon as she opened her eyes she say him. Damon Salvatore was sitting at her bedside. A vampire was in her room. She couldn't believe it.

"You faint way too much, Darling. How am I ever going to have any fun?" he asked with an almost permanent smirk on his face.

"Sorry, Damon," she said with venom in her voice. "I'm not used to boys drinking my blood."

"Trust me if you were used to it, there would be more dead vampires laying around."

"There are more of you?" she asked in disgust.

"Hey! No need to get nasty," Damon replied sounding almost hurt. She didn't care though. She could tell that it was just an act. There was no humanity in that man; not if he killed Trevor. Then she remembered why she had gone to look for Damon.

"Why did you kill Trevor?" she asked angrily.

"Trevor?" Damon asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, Trevor, the boy I brought to dinner with me."

"Oh. Why would I kill some pathetic human that isn't worth my time?"

"Midnight snack?" she asked almost shivering at the thought.

"Well, seeing as I'm trying to lay low. No, I didn't kill your pathetic human friend."

"Liar!" Jessica yelled getting up and slapping Damon. "He was completely drained of blood and you were the last to see him. You did it! Admit it!"
Tears were starting to fall from her eyes and something in Damon's eyes changed.

"Jessica, I didn't kill your friend."
Damon reached up and cupped her face. He used his thumb to wipe the tears away. "Such pretty eyes shouldn't cry," he replied with what sounded like real care in his voice.

"Who? Who killed him?" she asked.

"Another vampire."
And Damon's eyes filled with a mixture of anger and fear.