Status: Surprise!

More Than Love

Why are you running away?

We pulled up to the new hotel we planned on spending the night in. 

“Are we there yet?” asked Charlie for the fourth time that hour

I smiled and nodded my head, “Yep, we are here!”

Mikey unloaded the car while I grabbed Charlie and her small Powerpuff Girl backpack. 

We had taken her shopping briefly to buy her things to keep her company. Mikey and I also explained to her what was going on, though we didn't give her all the details. 

“Well we are gonna go on an adventure. But it's a secret and people might follow us.” I explained. 

“We gotta stay together and you have to what ever I tell you to. Its kind of like cops and robbers, if the cops catch us then we lose.”

I had to admit that I was inexperienced in telling a child something without telling her something. I was hoping that she would understand that we had to keep her safe.

“Are they gonna hurt me?” she asked kind of calmly

I shook my head and ran my hand down her soft cheeks, “I won't let them.”

What she did next, made me love her even more (if that were even possible). She wrapped her tiny arms around me and said, “I love you.”

How me and this small human child could love each other so quickly confused me. I guess it was kind of like Mikey and me, we saw each other and just clicked. 

Now our we had another puzzle piece to add to us and she fit just so perfectly. 

But they wanted to hurt her and I couldn't let that happen...I want to give her the family and love I never had.

“I love you too Charlie.” I held her tightly, holding my breath to avoid breathing in her scent. 

Mikey came and pulled us both into his arms telling how much he loved us both.
 

Now here we were two days later, trying to avoid getting caught...

After ordering room service, we put on The Mask for Charlie to watch while Mikey and I discussed our plans. 

“Mikey, what are we gonna do?” I stared at Charlie as she laughed at something funny Jim Carrey did. 

“I have plenty of money in an account so we won't have to worry about money for a little while.” 

“We have to leave the country...maybe Europe.”

“Europe? No we will definitely be caught! The council meets in Europe!”

“Well it has to be somewhere safe where we won't be noticed! Mikey I don't wanna run forever!” 

I walked into the bathroom to wipe the tears that had formed in my eyes. 

Mikey's hands found their way around my waist and he leaned down and kissed my cheek. 

“We will figure something out Em. Don't worry okay?”

I nodded and turned to connect my lips with his. 

He picked me up and set me on the counter, not even breaking the kiss. 

He deepened the kiss. Suddenly I forgot that we were on the run...nothing matter at that moment but my husband.

“Ah!” Charlie's yelp rang throughout the tiny bathroom snapping us out of or daze. 

I sped to the living room to find two men attempting to drag her out the door.

I grabbed one guy and slammed his face into my knee.  

He pulled out a needle and attempted to stab me with it. I twisted his arm behind his back and kicked his stomach.

Someone grabbed me from behind, his hold on me was strong but that didn't scare me. 

I flipped him onto the other guy, when they were both down I checked Charlie. 

She had hidden under the table.

I pulled her up into my arms. 

“I'm sorry sweetie. I should have watched you, I won't take my eyes off of you ever! I promise baby!!” 

She cried and cried. All I could do was hold her close to me. 

Suddenly my legs were swept from under me, sending me tumbling to the ground. 

Charlie fell from my arms and ran to go hide. 

He sat on top of me and pulled out another needle. 

I twisted his wrist until I heard a snap. I kicked his chest knocking him onto the couch. 

He tried to get up but I kicked him back down, I turned his neck and knocked him out. 

The other guy was chasing after Charlie. He picked her up but she started kicking hard and fast! 

Her small foot collided with his nose and he dropped her to the floor. She scurried away giving me the opportunity the grab him by his pants and swing him down. 

He skull made a small cracking sound as it hit the ground. I stomped on the lower part of his spine holding it while I snapped his neck. 

I staggered into the bedroom where Charlie was in mikey's arms. Two guys lay unconscious at his feet. 

“I think we should start packing.” said Mikey

I nodded and looked at Charlie examining her for any injuries.

Tears stained her cheeks but she wasn't crying nor was she hurt. 

I breathed a sigh of relief.

Out of nowhere my body felt heavy. I couldn't keep my eyes open and I fell to the ground. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in like forever but I am updating now!! I lost this chapter and couldn't remember anything that I wrote in it...so I refused to post until I found it so...yay I found it :)

Hope you guys like it!