Status: in progress! will update probably once a weekXD

Remembering Sunday

A New Home?

-Jace's POV-

I stuck my key in the door slowly and walked in. Didn't hear any voices. I let out a sigh of relief. Suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder, I jumped thinking it was my dad. It was just my older brother Levi. "Oh my god! What are you doing here?" I asked him as I gave him a hug. I haven't seen him in five years. "I've been working as a banker in New York but I'm buying a house here in Oklahoma tomorrow." He answered calmly. A little too calm. "What's wrong Levi?" I wanted him to tell me. "Ummmm dads....." He trailed off. "Dads what?" I pressed on. "Hes dead." He finished. "W-w-w-what? H-h-how?" I asked my voice quavering. "He was at a bar, got drunk, got into a bar brawl and some guy shot him twice in the back of the head. Two guys were arrested and they found dad's body in the alley behind the bar." I had to fight back tears but I didn't understand why. I mean why would you cry over someone that beat the shit out of you? It was quiet for a few long minutes then Levi spoke. "The reason why im moving back here, I am your new legal guardian because Moms dead and Jaylynn is only 17 and living in Alaska with our step-mom." I couldn't hold it in any longer I had to get out of there and go someplace to think the first thing that came to my mind was Katy. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and dialed her number, she picked up with in seconds. "'Ello?" Just hearing her voice made everything instantly better. "Jace?" "Yeah umm can you meet me at the lake about a block from here?Please, I need you?" "Yeah sure, I'll be there in a few minutes." Before she could say anything else I hung up and started walking towards the lake drying my tears as I walked. I sat on a bench thinking as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I immediately knew who it was. Her. She looked me straight in the eyes and asked. "Jace? Have you been crying? Whats wrong?" I wiped a few more tears away and she hugged me. "You can tell me anything you know that right?" "Yeah I know and im going to, right now." She looked a little scared and I hoped she wouldn't be repulsed by what I told her. I pushed her away just a little bit so I could look her in the face. "Please, dont resent me by hearing what I tell you?" I said in a shakey voice. "I promise I wont." I truly knew she meant it so I continued. "My father died last night, but im not truly sad about it." I took a breath before continuing. "Because of this." I slowly walked forward away from her grasp and turned away from her. I slowly slipped my shirt off revealing the scars on my back. She gasped. "This is what I dealt with for six years from my moms death til now. Every night my father came home drunk, trying to drink the pain of her death away, he would either beat me or slash my skin with a whip. I tried running away so many times, but he always found me and then beat me harder to punish me. Now he has been killed in a bar brawl and i'm moving in with my brother." She was tearing up now. She ran to me and jumped in my arms hugging me as tight as she could. "I'm so sorry." She said in a shaky voice. "Its okay, just promise me one thing." "Anything." "Don't leave me, please?" "I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the spelling mistakes in the last chapter my computer has been screwing up lately. COMMENT, RATE, SUBSCRIBE, please!! XD -Romantic Revenge(: