Draco's Mercy.

Prefect Thoughts

~~Draco's P.O.V.~~

"Oi!" I screeched as my feet hit the floor with a loud 'THUMP' waking me up.
"We're here sleeping beauty." She smiled sweetly at me, pretending nothing happened.
"Ropes." Crabbe grunted.
I stood and went to step forward, only to have to catch myself from falling. I looked down at my shoes. The strings were tied together, knotted so I would fall when I walked. Mercy burst into laughter and Goyle joined in. Crabbe cracked a smile and I sent them all glares. Mercy just smiled back.
"Bloody fools." I muttered and grabbed my robes to throw on over my clothes.
"Did anyone ever tell you, Malfoy," Mercy looked me up and down. "That you look lovely...when your sleeping and your mouth stays shut." She stood, laughed, and walked out.
After grabbing my things, I walked out to the carriages and heard a screetch.
"Drakie!!!! Over here! I saved you a seat!" Pansy was waving her arms like a bat trying to get my attention. I groaned and slowly walked over to her. I climbed in and Pansy clinged to my arm automatically.
As the carriage started rolling towards the castle, I spotted Mercy, Crabbe, and Goyle looking at me. Mercy waved and whispered something to the boys, who laughed and they all waved and blew me kisses. I flipped them the bird and looked back to the castle.
"You never wrote me back, Drakie." Pansy whined as we stepped off the carriage and to the big wooden doors.
"I've been busy." I spat.
"Oh. Okay." She smiled up at me and started talking about her summer. I tuned her out and grabbed a seat. The sorting hat said a rhyme, Albus Dumbledor said a speech, the kids were sorted, and the feast began. It was the same as every year. I talked and laughed with everyone, then we left for our corridors.
When we enter the dungeon, where the Slytherin corridor was held, everone was heading off for bed. Me and Pansy grabbed a couch. Mercy and Goyle grabbed the other, and Crabbe sat in a chair.
After awhile, Pansy started getting quiet. "I'm heading to bed." She announced and got up, leaving and walking to her dorm. I stretched out and looked over at Mercy, Goyle, and the new arrival on the couch of Crabbe. They were playing some hand game, laughing and having fun.
I rose and told them I was going to do my prefect rounds. They nodded and said good night. As I walked out of the common room, thoughts of Mercy invaded my mind. She was in there, with my two best friends, laughing and having fun, when last year, she wouldn't even egnolige we exsisted. I started to walk faster and caught myslef.
SHe had no right to do that. EVeryone has problems. But to be friends with someone one year, then ignore them completely the next year, only to bring that friendship back the year after that was not a healthy thing to do.
"What do you care, Malfoy. She's just a silly girl." I mummbled to myself. But she was a site to see. Her hair was always glossy, her eyes always sparkled. She dressed to fit her mood, and she was a whip when it came to insults or even being nice. She knew how to be polite, but she knew how to be herself. And she smelled good. Like strawberries.
I sighed and turned back to go to the common room. I was in a world of trouble if I didn't get my life together. I couldn't try anything with her. She didn't like me much, that much was plain to see. And even if she did, we couldn't do anything about it. I was to become a Death Eater in the very near future. Over Christmas break, to be exact. I didn't need some girl to distract me from my duties.
I took a deep breath and walked back int o the common room. It was empty but for Mercy, sleeping silently on the couch, facing the entry way. I walked over to her and brushed her cheek.
"Go to bed, Mercy." I whispered in her ear. I kissed her forehead and she woke up. She stood and walked over to the stairs.
"Good Night Draco." She murmured softly.
"Good night Mercy." I sighed.
So much for not getting involved. I couldn't keep my lips off her forehead. I grumbled and walked up to my room, a private room. I requested it since I didn't like people. I stripped to my boxers and got under the covers, looked out the window and fell asleep to thoughts of Mercy.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is in Draco's point of veiw. I'm thinking of switching up the p.o.v's so you know what both characters are thinking.
Comment?