Draco's Mercy.

musical night

I woke up, smiling like a lunatic. Tonight was no only the night of the musical, but afterwards, the dance. I couldn't wait. thrw my covers aside, sat up, and ran my fingers through my hair. I stood and stretched, throwing a peice of paper that was on my side table at the girl in the bed next to me.

"Time to get up." I sad, walking to the bathroom and brushing my teeth.

I heard her groan and sit up, her eyes still shut.

"I don't want any chicken nuggets. Tell the cat." She plopped back down, snoring loudly, then going quiet.

I poked my head from the bathroom and looked at her.

"Chicken.....what? No, get up!" I tossed her hair brush, hitting her in the leg. She made a noise, then turned onto her stomach. "GET UP!" I filled a cup with water, then tossed it on her. She sat up, sputtering, trying to catch her breath, and glaring at me.

"What was that for?" Her thick accent made me giggle.

"You wouldn't wake up." I shrugged, and went to rinse out my mouth.

"Maybe a simple 'Hey, time to wake up.' would have worked." She stood up, walking to the closet and grabbed a pale pink dress.

I shot her a blande look and rolled my eyes.

"Maybe I'll try that next time." I muttered, walking past her.

"You should." She walked into the bathroom and started the shower as I picked out a blue tshirt, with a black under shirt, and a pair of blue jean, flair. I slippe on my black and white chucks, and slipped on my robe, leaving it open. I ran the brh I threw at my roommate to make my hair smooth, and tangle free.

I grabbed my script from my bag and left my room, sumbling on the stairs and looking back at them like I had no idea what happened. I started laughing as I saw Crabbe and Goyle.

"What?" Crabbe asked.

"Tripped on the stairs." I walked towards them and dropped a book. "Well....looks like today is a day to wish for good luck." I bent down to pick up my book and saw Draco standing at the steps, looking at me, bent over.

"Whore." He mumbledand walked off.

"I was just..."I trailed off and looked between Crabbe and Goyle. "Am I a whore?"

"No." They said in unison.

I nodded and smiled at them.

"Lets get food." They nodded and we headed out. As we sat down and started eating, Crabbe and Goyle started to argue as they always did. I listened silently and only quieted them down when they got too loud. After a few minutes I watched Draco walk in, Pansy running after him, tears running down her face.

"Crabbe. Goyle. We're going to the manor." Draco ordered.

"We already went. Yesterday. Last night. Lord said we don't have to go tonight." Crabbe answered.

"You'r coming." Draco glred at Crabbe.

"Crabbe. You should go. At least one of you. That way I have inside information if the plans change." I smiled at him and nodded.

"Are ya sure?" He looked at me, unsure.

I nodded again and tilted my head at Goyle. "I have this one. Go on." I waved him off and finished his food. But not before I got a look from Draco. I'm not sure what it meant, but it was something....non-hostile.

I walked to my musical notes class. I found a note to go outside, to the playing feild. When I got there, there was a huge stage, a big t.v. for others to watch as we act since they wouldn't be able to see us from that high.

I found my class standing around the stage, in their own little groups. A short bald man asked my name, and someone pulled me off, Goyle following behind me. I was placed with Damian, Hermione, and Ron. Harry was standing a few feet behind them, talking to an older lady.

"What's going on?" I asked, watching the lady and Harry fight, and when she noticed Goyle, her hurry over to him and yell at them both.

"The lady says anyone outside of the musical is not to be here." Hermione looked at Harry.

"Well....bummer." I walked over to the lady and tappd her shoulder. "Hi. I need them here." I pointed to Goyle, "He's my body guard." I pointed to Harry. "That's Harry Potter. Healways stays." I smiled sweetly and she opened her mouth to retort.

"They can stay." Professor McGonagal said, hurrying by. " No distracting the actors though." She hurried around a sheet, and looking closer, I saw a tent labeled "Dressing room".

"Well then. That's settled." I smiled and walked back to the group, and we stared going over our lines.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, I was wearing a beautiful dress, one tailored to look like Christine Dias's from the movie. It was Blue and white, with a few silver parts here and there. My hair was curled as hers was in the movie a well. I looked out at the crowd from behind the tents curtain and let out a small squeek of fear and nerves.

"You'll be fine!" Hermione said, patting my arm. "You always do wonderful."

I nodded and McGonagal shooed me out on the stage to sing "Think of Me".

I stood on the edge of the stage, as Christine did in the movie, and took a deep breath, waiting for the music.

"Think of me, think of me fondly,
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me once in a while -
please promise me you'll try.
When you find that, once again, you long
to take your heart back and be free -
if you ever find a moment,
spare a thought for me

We never said our love was evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea -
but if you can still remember
stop and think of me . . .

Think of all the things
we've shared and seen -
don't think about the things
which might have been . . .

Think of me, think of me waking,
silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying too hard
to put you from my mind.
Recall those days
look back on all those times,
think of the things we'll never do -
there will never be a day,
when I won't think of you . . ."

I ignored the fact that Ro came on stage and started singing.

"Can it be? Can it be Christine?
Bravo!
Long ago, it seems so long ago
How young and innocent we were...
She may not remember me,
but I remember her..."

He walked across the stage and off the other side as he finished.

I looked around the crowd and started singing again.

"Flowers fades,
The fruits of summer fade,
They have their seasons, so do we
but please promise me, that sometimes
you will think (aahhs)of me!"

I finished and everyone clapped, as they should have. ooking around the crowd, I spotted Goyle waving like an idiot and laughed slightly. Looking around a little more, I saw Draco, whistling. I held in my gasp and walked off stage.

Well...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the musical, I changed into my regular, and lovely, clothes. I congragulated everyone on a job well done and left for my dorm. There was a small after party in every houses common room and I was headed to mine.

As I walked from the tent, Goyle was waiting for me with a smiling Damian and a giddy Crabbe.

"There she is!!" Crabbe said, barreling over to me and picking me up in a hug.

"Crabbe! Get off! I just started to breath again!" I laughed as he set me down and walked over to Goyle. "How was it? Be honest."

"Great. You know you always do great." He smiled, throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Except in the shower. She can't carry a tune in the shower." Damian smiled from beside me and grabbed my hand. Crabbe walked behind us, trying to sing a song from the musical.

"You just wish you could actually hear me in the shower." I retorted and laughed.

A little ways up the path I saw Draco standing with his hands n his pockets, looking at us.

"Nice job." He stated.

"Thanks." Damian said.

"You too, Mercy. It was fantastic." I nodded a thanks and walked around him. "Are you going to the after party?"He called after me.

"Yeah. I was one of the main characters. It would look weird if I didn't go. Don't you think?!" I smiled sweetly at him.

"Right. Mind if I tag along." He walked next to me.

"Why?" I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

"Because. I can't ask you? You don't want to be around me?" He held open the door to the front of the school. I stepped past him and walked a couple feet, then turned to face him.

"I don't want you to be there. In fact, I don't want you to have anythingto do with me anymore. But see...there's this littl thing I hae. Called a heart. Heard of it? Of course not. You seem to not have one. Well it's really fragile. Extremely so. And you just so happen to have broken mine. And not in half. But into many different pieces. They've just started to try to mend. But yoseem to keep showing up. I think it would be best if we didn't hang around each other. But seeing s how we have the same friends, I don't think that's possible."

"Mercy-" He stepped towards me.

"No! ou don't get to give me those eyes. You don't get to look at me like I hurt you. And you most deffinetely don't get to run back, and ask for me back, LIKE I DID SOMETHING WRONG. You don't get to play wit my heart, or my head You don't get to do it! I won't let you. Not again. I'm marrying Voldemort. I'm getting out of this damn school. I'm leaving everything that happened earlier this year behind. I'm forgetting it. I'm forgetting you." I turned and walked away quickly, looking at the cieling to keep the tears from falling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yeah...there it is...Any thoughts?
xox Tina