Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

10. Stand Still

************

Mike continued to stare at Grace and she felt rather small, “You look so tasty.”

Her arm hurt from how close she held it to her body, the wounds from the bites still hadn’t healed quite yet and seemed to ache. She also didn’t feel comfortable with her arm shackled half out of the cage for easy access. She was just hoping this vampire would listen to Brendon.

She looked past him as she could see another vampire walking up with a tray. The vampire stopped looking at Grace before turning to the one eying her, “Where is Lisa?”

Mike didn’t look from Grace, “I put her in the other solitary cell. Brendon wanted me to kill her but William said no.”

Grace watched the vampire with the tray sigh in relief but accent thick, “Good. Who is she?”

“Brendon’s new toy.”

The vampire with the tray nodded and turned around leaving obviously looking for Lisa. She had picked up on his concern for the girl though. At least one of the vampires had feelings of some sort.

Mike took a step closer wrapping his fingers around a couple of the bars, “Michael is so foolishly in love with that damn human. He should just feed off of her and get it over with.”

“He cares about her.”

“Caring for a human?” Mike snorted, “Vampires don’t care for humans unless we need to turn them. You’re just a meat sac.”

She pointed towards the hall where she had seen the women as she was dragged by, “If that was the case then why do you need women in cages? Too lazy? I thought you guys liked the chase.”

“These humans are not for us.” His tone was bitter, “They’re William’s.”

“Then why does he need them? Isn’t he supposed to be the big bad guy?”

Mike gripped tighter on the bars so ready to reach in to grab her, “He’s earned his place. He never really uses them. When he does, he doesn’t leave marks. So boring.”

Grace watched him disappear and she looked around trying to find him. She felt pin pricks across her skin and felt a fear coat her as the coldness of the room hit her. She could see why all the padding and blankets were needed. This was freezing.

She was just figuring she was going to need a way to get out. She couldn’t stay here. She didn’t know what would happen if she did but it probably result her dying.

Brendon on the other hand was wishing he was down there with her making sure Mike wasn’t pulling a stunt. For the first time in since he was a newborn he wasn’t too sure about going to see William on these terms. He knew William wasn’t going to be happy.

Brendon knocked on the familiar door and was summoned in.

He entered with his hands up defensively, “Before you start I want to say that you originally said I hadn’t had a pet in a while and I could have one. So I don’t understand why you’re arguing and telling me that I can’t have her.”

“I know what I told you Brendon. I am free to change my mind at will and it is your duty to obey and abide my rules.”

Brendon couldn’t see William in the room, “But you could at least give me a reason.”

“I don’t have to do anything.” William appeared in front of Brendon, eyes narrowed, “Don’t make me remind you of that.”

Brendon stood his ground, he couldn’t cower under William if he wanted to, “I’ll kill her when I’m ready. If my memory serves me you were the one telling me she was so fragile. What made you change your mind that you’re almost scared of her? Did you see something?”

William didn’t know what to say but that seemed to bug Brendon more, “Why don’t you tell me things anymore?”

William gave him a blank look, “Why do you defy me? You used to follow me without question and now?”

Brendon gave him a pleading look, “William, let me have my fun and I’ll kill her. I just want a day or two. What is the worst that could happen? She’s only human.”

William didn’t say anything and it was beginning to worry. William never said no to Brendon. Had Brendon been too relaxed on what he thought he could get away with? Had William really see something that was going to affect Brendon so drastic. William hadn’t played over protective father like in a very long time. Why now?

William sighed, “Two days. Then I want her dead.”

“Thank you…” Brendon bowed, “Sir.”

William turned away from Brendon, “You’re dismissed.”

Brendon was taken back. William tone sounded as if he was disgusted with Brendon. Brendon looked away feeling a pang of guilt knowing he was disappointing William but he wanted Grace so bad. He couldn’t take her away from him. He needed her, needed to torture her, and needed that blood.

Brendon stood up straight and turned around walking out of the room and slowly closing the door. A couple of young newborns watched him with curious eyes as they backed out of his way almost clinging to the wall across from Brendon. He let out a snarl and they backed down slinking away down the hallway staying away from Brendon.

They new William was upset. His damn aura gave it off with such a reek filling the house from basement to the roof, wall to wall. They knew it was about Brendon too, especially when the new human came in. Brendon never got in trouble so this was new for the house. It proved that Brendon wasn’t getting any special treatment.

Brendon let it brush off and focus on Grace.

He made his way back down to her and she was alone. He could almost feel the little relief coming over her. She was still scared but she’d rather be with him then any other vampire. He looked at her, still feeling the rage of William, and didn’t say anything to her, just watching her stare at him.

Grace didn’t like that look. His eyes were sunken in and his lips in a thin pale line. She knew, witnessed, that he was in trouble and by the looks of it he was going to take it out on her. With her arm half out of the cage seemed to ensure that.

Brendon’s voice was low, “Did he leave you alone?”

She nodded, “Yeah.”

“Good.” Brendon slowly walked towards her arm, “Good.”

Brendon didn’t know where to start; all he wanted to do was just snap and let all that anger out, but he wanted to take this slow, drag it out, make it worth it. He didn’t need that from William. It distracted him from his plan.

“Brendon?”

He looked at her, “Yes?”

“Do you think you could be kind enough to let my arm out just for a few minutes? It hurts.”

He snorted, “Who do you think I am?”

He turned away from her taking off his suit jacket and letting it fall to the floor not caring for it. He raised his arms above his head taking a few seconds to stretch as he sauntered over to small cabinet that held an emergency kit for when the girls tried something stupid and got hurt and when Brendon didn’t wish to heal them but let them suffer.

But Brendon wasn’t going for the kit. He was going for the little vile of lorazepam. It might be a little too strong for her but he didn’t care. By the time he got it into her she’d be hysterical or so he hoped. He pulled out one of the sterile needles and took the safety cap off before looking back at her.

She was watching him very closely. He honestly didn’t care what she did; it wasn’t like she could go anywhere. He pressed the needle into the bottle small hole in the top and filled the needle with a decent amount. He didn’t want to kill her but just enough to make her loose, not pass out but barely coherent.

He pulled the needle out making sure the needle would work with some of the drug lightly spew out in small droplets. He smiled placing the vile back and closing the cabinet door.

He waltz over to her and she kept her eyes on his hand holding the needle shaking her head lightly, “What are you doing?”

“Oh, nothing.”

He knelt down next to her hand and she was trying to pull herself away, clearly seeing the needle so close, “What is that?”

“What does it look like?”

Her hand other free hand reached through to try to pull her other hand out and he stared, watching it slowly build. Clearly the fear of needles was there and with him having the intention to inject something into her was making it worse.

Her heart rate finally started to increase and the pattern of breathing changed and it’s started to get to him. Her fear is almost like a drug to him, she’s intoxicating to him and he doesn’t quite want to control himself. He wants to wrap himself in her fear as if it was a warm blanket and sit comfortably. That would make his night oh so much sweeter.

“You don’t have to use–I’ll be good.” Her eyes constantly looking back at her hand that wouldn’t slip through and the needle, “Please. Don’t.”

“Oh come on now, it’s nothing to worry about. It’s just to calm you down.”

She tried to pull away once more leaving her shackled arm to ache in pain in the angle it was being bent. He let his free hand trace down her forearm trying to find a decent spot to inject the drug as she debated hitting him.

She didn’t dare. He’d just get pissed off and doing something worse. His hand with the needle was so close and she had to look away. She couldn’t watch him do this. The thought alone was making her feel dizzy. She was waiting for a full on panic attack to come.

She felt the prick of the needle in her skin and let out a hiss feeling a warm almost burning sensation on her arm. She bit her lip from screaming, much to Brendon’s disappointment, and felt herself go limp. She was even more lightheaded then she was before. The room was almost spinning and she didn’t even know what she could do.

Brendon pulled the needle away and let it role across the floor to rest near his jacket. He looked over at Grace and she held her head, lightly panting and feeling nausea hit her. What was it that he had used? How could she stop him, what has she gotten herself into?

She needed to get out of here. She needed to get away from Brendon.

Brendon watched her pupils dilate and she attempted once more to pull away from him. He released her wrist and she pulled her hand towards herself. She tried to crawl as far as away from him as she can but she felt so close to the verge of passing out.

Brendon stood up and walked over to the cell’s door. He needed to be closer. He wanted to chase, he felt like a dog ready to fetch the tennis ball in the master’s hands. He needed that thrill of catching her even in such a short distance.

He opened it and she was out and crawling away from him as fast as she could. He was surprised at her. Was she crying or was that a whimper? He couldn’t tell, he didn’t care, he just wanted to see the fear on her face.

She tried to stand up as she had some distance between them but failing. He was quickly behind her pulling her up on her feet with a hand grasped so tightly in her hair she let a small yelp and tried to reach behind her to untangle his fingers from their hold.

“Where are you going?” He pulled her closer and spoke into her ear, “The party is just starting.”

She tried putting up a fight but mostly leaned on him for support, “Let go of me.”

“Are you scared?”

She tried to nod but failed, “Yes.”

“Then scream for me.”

He tilted her head and bit into her neck, fangs deep in the tissue not carrying where they were as long as they were in. Her heartbeat almost vibrating through his teeth as the blood flowed freely into his mouth and her scream filling the room reverberating off the walls.

He groaned in delight at the taste and the scream. This was perfect, what he wanted, what he needed and what he craved. This couldn’t get any better then this. But he had to remind himself he wasn’t going to kill her. He had to hold back, stop himself when so he didn’t take more then he should but it was so mouth watering how could he pull away?

Her voice to soft, “Brendon…Stop.”

Her hand finding his head, she felt his hair in her hand creating a hold like he had and tried to pull him away. He knew this would be a good time to stop all he had to do was make himself pull away. Drop her, let her go limp and embrace the sedative.

Could he? Her hold was weak now and he knew he was going too far.

He ripped himself away from her and she fell straight down in a heap on the floor, a pile of a human, not quite near death but weak. She couldn’t even keep her eyes open. She tried. She was scared now of Brendon and was going to get away but she felt as if she was sinking further and further into a sea.

Her arms wouldn’t move and her legs felt numb. She couldn’t even lift an arm to check the wound he created. Was he going to kill her? He said he wasn’t but now she wasn’t sure.

Brendon wiped his mouth clean on his sleeve and smiled down at her. He got her to scream and it was music to his ears. He finally got to hear it. It almost made him weak at the knees. Who could have thought it was so satisfying to hear her scream and he caused it. The whole house probably heard and he was beaming ear to ear with joy.

This was what he needed.

He scooped her up and she didn’t even fight him as he placed her back in the cell. He was done for right now. He couldn’t get more out of her if he tried.

Once she laid flat on the cell’s blankets he nipped at two of his fingers and dragged them over the neck wound allowing it to heal. If he had left it, she would have been in too much pain and her shoulder wouldn’t work right he was sure. He needed to make sure she was in tip top shape so he could continue in a few hours and this was the only way.

His fingers healed soon after and he locked her away. She shivered in the coldness of the room but didn’t even mumble.

He was surprised how strong she was.

Two days was not enough to see how far he really could push her.

No, he needed a lot more then two days and he wasn’t going to kill her.

She was just too much fun.
**********
♠ ♠ ♠
All right. So that was a long one. Thanks for reading and make sure you subscribe and comment. Makes me sooo happy and love writing even more.

So why have I been so slow? Well, my mom is very ill right now and I'm taking care of her. It's gotten to the point I can't even attend my college classes and home health isn't that great.

But I did get to do something fun. Many of you know Brendon has been ill the past few days and was in the hospital in SLC with a malaria scare that he tested negative for but was unable to perform at the X96 Big Ass Show (Or Brendon Fest as Ian Crawford called it). Well, I was at that concert and front row for all seven hours. I have some great footage of the guest singers and of Dallon singing Let's Kill Tonight. If you're curious to see any of the footage or anything I mentioned about the concert click here.
The bonus of that night was that I wrote a letter with Summerlin and Collin from Brogan Kelby gave it to the Panic boys who said they were going to straight to the hospital after the show and were going to read the letter with Brendon. I was so stoked and I'm so greatful they got it.