Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

11. Falling Down In The Flames

**********

When Grace woke up she wasn’t sure were she was. She looked around in the barely lit room. She remembered being brought here, Brendon using some kind of drug on her, and the bite. Yeah, she remembered the bite and her screaming.

But her neck didn’t hurt.

Her arm was bruised from the needle and it was sore to touch but when she reached to touch her neck it was perfectly normal. No giant puncture wounds, no dried blood; it was like it didn’t even happen.

She knew he bit her.

The memory clear as day down to the sound he made when he bit her. He was so disturbing, a monster. She knew was aware of his bad side but he now knew he was willing to take it out on anyone. She was cursing at herself for not honestly believing that he was going to hurt her and she was silently cursing at Patrick and the boys.

She knew this was her fault but wanted to pin it one someone to make herself feel a bit better. She had willingly walked into this situation but they should have stopped her or chose not to risk her. Hell, think of a different plan.

Grace shivered and wrapped herself in a blanket in the cell letting it wrap all around her. She chose to kick off her shoes because she had a feeling she wasn’t going to be leaving anytime soon so might as well be comfortable.

She looked up at the entrance of the hallway and nearly jumped out of her skin, there were a couple set of eyes looking at her. She wasn’t too sure she liked being the center of attention.

Her voice was shaking, “What do you want?”

One of the sets moved away but the few others didn’t move. They didn’t say anything and it was starting to send pricks up her spine. Obviously they were just curious and it wasn’t bugging her too much bur she really didn’t feel like being a zoo exhibit.

“Move!” The eyes backed off and the male named Michael asking for Lisa earlier had come back, holding a tray once more, “Don’t mind them.”

She nodded and backed away from the entrance, “I’m not animal.”

His accent thick and face deadpan, “Yes you are if you’re acting like that. I was ordered to bring you some food–”

Grace cut him off, “I’m not hungry.”

Michael shrugged, “That’s not my place to take your word.” He placed it down at the edge of the cell and she could see some packaged crackers and some kind of sealed liquid to drink, “If you decide you want something, holler and we’ll get it for you.”

She tilted her head, “Anything?”

He nodded, “Yes, William’s orders. If any of the human wants something we must retrieve it for you.”

“So if I want a cup of coffee–?”

He cut her off this time, “I am to get it for you.”

He turned and left before she could ask for anything. He was nice enough to get the other vampires to go away which was a bit of a relief to her. The eyes were a tad too creepy for her. Not that she wanted to be alone, which she wasn’t because the girls were only a wall away, but now felt right to be alone. She could grasp her bearings and start to analyze the situation.

Brendon obviously had the key to the lock and was quick with it. She could try to get it from him but he’d probably notice. The bars clearly too small to get through but she could try to go underneath. She hadn’t checked to see if it was bolted down. She started to pull the padding and the blankets away from the edges. She wanted to get a good look all around.

Sadly the cage was bolted down but she found something interesting near the back end of the cage. The floor was cement but the wall supporting the back of her cage was brick. One, near the floor, looked like it had been carved out of the wall and could slightly move. Like someone had hid something behind it.

Grace sat there and looked at loose brick. The girl before her, Lisa, had obviously been in here for awhile and Michael had shown fear when he realized the human he liked wasn’t in here. She knew this was strange but he could have been helping her escape without the vampires finding out? Maybe there had been something that she was saving for a rainy day.

Grace wanted to know what was back there even if it was empty.

She figured she’d ask Michael for some toast or something so she could get a butter knife from him. It could probably get the brick to move out and fall out so she could explore back there.

She quickly put everything back in its place to make sure it didn’t look like she was snooping around. She was glad that she did because it didn’t take long for Brendon to return. He looked clean and freshly dressed just minus signature jacket and hat.

He had a smile on his face that would but the Cheshire cat to shame, “Good to see you awake.”

She pointed at her shoulder and spoke with a slight questioning voice, “You bit me…?”

“Indeed I did.”

“Where is the bite?”

He shoved his hand into his pockets, “I thought I’d be nice and heal it for you. You really should eat something. You could be anemic.”

She rolled her eyes and looked away from him, “If I was anemic I would need protein not saltine crackers.”

She could hear him take a few steps closer, “What’s wrong? You sound upset. Was it not what you expected? Were you expecting something more?”

“You almost killed me. I’m going to be a little ticked.”

He snorted with a chuckle soon following, “If you knew what I’ve done to the girls just down there you wouldn’t be using that tone with me. Which honestly, I don’t mind; it makes you sound like you’re not scared.”

She looked up at him, “You’re disgusting and hideous, nothing to be scared of.”

“Don’t worry, I only fuck the barely legal ones.” He bent down to be level with her still laughing and giving her a wink, “So yes, I am hideous and you can’t get enough of me.”

She looked down in front of her, “I don’t want anything to do with you.”

“You and I both know that’s not true. If you didn’t want anything to do with me you wouldn’t have gone looking for me.”

“You wouldn’t leave me alone!” She looked up at him seeing him still just a smiling, “I’ll kill you when I get the chance. If I don’t, then Pete will.”

“Oh come on now.” Wiggling his eyebrows in a playful way. “You came looking for me because you like me, you like the adrenaline kick I give you when I scare you. I can almost taste it.”

She leaned forward and crawled right in front of him sealing his attention in, “I assure you, I’m not afraid of you because you won’t kill me and you’re just a sick bully.”

Brendon reached through grabbing her neck and brought her closer to him with a scowl on his face, “I’d watch your tongue of yours. It may get you in trouble. You don’t want to tick me off, I get careless.”

She was undoubtedly terrified. She couldn’t hide it and they both knew it. She was going to try as hard as she could to keep this confident character going but he was getting more and more intimidating the more they played this game. He knew she was going to break one of these times and he was waiting for it.

Besides, he wasn’t done scaring her.

She thought he was scary now? Oh she didn’t know what was coming. He’d have her run and he’d hunt, he would catch and he would feed, taking that life force away from her and enjoying it but like she said, he won’t kill her. She would scream for him like she’d never screamed before creating an ache in her lungs from it and he’d enjoy it.

Brendon released his hold on her and stood tall, “You really should eat something.”

She curled herself back into a ball and refused to look at him, “No thank you.”

“I can send William down here if you want. He’ll make you eat.” She didn’t move and he sighed, “Don’t be like that. It’s such a drag.”

“You can always leave.”

Brendon didn’t waste any time unlocking her cage and watched him keep the key in the lock. He bent down and grabbed the crackers chucking them at her soon after. She caught them and he stood closer towards the entrance.

“I’m not leaving till you eat. If you don’t, I’ll sedate you and force you.” She looked at the package as he continued, “And I assure I won’t use the small needle like before.”

She threw the crackers at him with him catching them easily, “I’m not eating those. Why should I trust you? Just because they’re sealed?”

He could help but laugh, “You’re worried that I’m going to poison you? You’re not very bright are you?”

He turned away from her calling Michael. There was no response and Brendon growled throwing the crackers down and heading down the exit heading toward the girls leaving the cell wide open. Grace wasn’t believing the sight in front of her. She didn’t dare move; this had to be a trap. He was testing her.

Then an idea hit her causing her to crawl out of the cage slowly and grab the key. She was going to have to move quickly to see if this plan would work. She was going to hide the key but she needed to know where.

She slowly walked forward creeping closer down the small hallway and could make out the girls. It didn’t take long for the girls to look up at her. One in particular moved from where she was to the edge of her cage to get a closer look at her.

She was clearly one of the older ones in the room, “What are you doing? Get back there before Brendon kills you.”

Grace kept her eyes on the pathway before her and made it to the cage with the one talking to her, “Will you do me a favor?”

“What? No! Get back there before he hurts you more.”

“I just need you guys to hide this from him.” She flashed the key, “Pass it among you so he doesn’t know I took it. Please?”

She shook her head, “Of course not! He’ll know we have it and kill us all!” She leaned closer, “Listen to me, I’ve been here the longest. Just do what he asks and you’ll be better off.”

Grace shook her head and grabbed the lock, “Then you have more reason to go with it.”

Grace looked at the lock in her hand and noticed it was a lot like hers. She furred her eyebrows and placed the key it and turned it. The lock popped open and Grace pulled away letting it open.

The girl inside backed away as if the cage being open was going to attack her, “Close it. Don’t do this. He’ll kill me. Close it.”

Grace could hear Brendon’s voice but it was muffled. Michael’s was in there as well and they seemed to be arguing. Grace looked around; she could unlock a lot of the cages. Brendon couldn’t fight them all off, but she knew most of the girls wouldn’t move but she could hope.

Then she smiled to herself, if all the cages were open he would be paying attention to them rather then her and she could try to find a way out. Grace started to go to the cages and open the locks as fast as she could. The girls on the other hand moved away till she got to one that was bruised. The girl didn’t even look at Grace but she didn’t stop to ask what happen, Brendon’s voice was getting louder and obviously closer.

One of the girls behind her squeaked with a hushed whisper, “Isabella no!”

Grace turned to see the girl who told her to go back come forward, “You can’t do this! He’ll kill us all.”

Grace moved closer to the direction of Brendon’s voice, “Its better to die trying.”

Isabella glared at the Grace, “If you want to die, don’t involve us. You don’t know what we’ve been through and I don’t feel like dying because you want to pull this stunt. You don’t know what Brendon is capable of.”

“If there is more then one of us we’ll be fine.”

Isabella shook her head, “You don’t know how many vampires actually live here do you? We wouldn’t make it five feet.”

The argument stopped and Grace felt her heart stop. She looked behind her and back to Isabella, “You don’t know that!”

“Yes I do. Don’t you think we’ve all tried?” Isabella started to cry, “Please, don’t do this. Lock us back up.”

Grace felt a tug on her hand and the girl that was bruised stole the key and backed into her cell. Grace went to confront her till she saw Brendon come into the light from the corner of her eye. She looked at the bruised girl and watched the key slip down and away in a small hole that was dug out of the wall and the piece of brick being placed back. Just like the one that was in her cell.

Grace felt a little hope knowing that he wouldn’t have the key but she worried how long till the locks changed.

Grace looked away from the bruised girl and stood up pretending not to see Brendon. She turned back to Isabella who stood frozen in fear. Grace looked right at her and Isabella backed away back into her cell confirming that Grace was alone in this.

Grace felt Brendon right behind her and she didn’t move. She swallowed the lump in her throat and Brendon leaned near her ear, “I suggest you wonder back to where you came from before I snap.”

Her face was slightly turned to him, “What were you expecting? You knew I had to try. You set this up for me.”

Brendon let out a light chuckle and shove her to the floor with such force she let out a groan, her hands bruised from the attempt to catch her self, “One look at them would have told you how well behaved they are. Especially Bella. You should have listened to her.”

Grace slowly stood up and turned to face him, “You know I don’t listen. Told me not to be a drag.”

“I know” Brendon took a step forward closing a cell door, “But you have to admit you’re asking for it. Where’s the key?”

“I don’t know. Isabella shoved me and I dropped it. It’s slid somewhere.”

Brendon shook his head, “You handle these situations so well. What made you such a great liar? Don’t answer that because I know Bella will cover for you. She’s always trying to save everyone else. Not this time I guess.”

“You won’t kill me.”

“I won’t?” Brendon looked surprised, “Am I not able to change my mind?”

Grace looked at her arm with the bites and raised it to him showing him the scabbed over bites. She pulled one off quickly, opening the wound to bleed ever so lightly, “No you won’t and we both know why. I’m not stupid Brendon. You would have killed me ages ago but you won’t. You want my blood too much and the only way to keep it flowing is if I live.”

So she had figured him out; he was impressed but he could play this game. Just scare her a little more if he did almost kill her. He was going to have to push her to the brink, bring her back and then push her yet again getting closer and closer to the edge of life. At least William would be happy.

There was just one thing that was just itching at him. She dared showed one of he weaker sides to the girls here. He couldn’t stand that fact that the girls knew he put limits on Grace. That he’d stop if he pushed her too far compared to his usual pattern with the ones here. He’d kill them and move on but not with Grace. That was just infuriating him.

“Oh really? I think you’re mistaken.”

Michael appeared next to him with a key in hand and offered it to Brendon. Brendon didn’t speak but Michael moved to lock the cages she had opened. When he finished he gave the key to Brendon and Brendon voice was low and cold, “Bring down the newborns. Have them look for the key.”

Grace watched all the girls looked up at Brendon in fear, obviously this wasn’t a good sign and Grace felt a pang of guilt. Isabella sent a few repulsive lines to Grace but Grace didn’t respond.

“Enough Bella.” Brendon waltz over to her, “She’s new.”

She came to the front of her cage near Brendon, “She’s trying to get us killed Brendon!”

Brendon knelt grabbing on to her arm pulling her impossibly closer, “Don’t worry; I’ll take care of her. She’s not here long.”

Brendon eventually pulled away after whispering to Bella. He grabbed Grace by the arm and shoved her back to the direction of her cell telling her to go. She complied trying not to fight him as he stayed to whisper a few more things with Michael.

By the time she had made it back Brendon was behind her and leaning against the wall. He had a new needle in his hand filled with some kind of liquid. She backed off from him and he twirled it in his fingers.

He wasn’t smiling, “So where is the key?”

“I don’t have it Brendon.” She pulled out her pockets of her jeans, “See! I don’t know where it went.”

He sighed not saying anything and she made sure she was across the room. She could try to book it past him and deal with the newborns. Grace wasn’t liking how he wasn’t responding, it was making her nerves go haywire.

“I don’t have the damn key!”

“Please don’t make me use this Grace. I hate my humans with bruises.”

“You could try believing me.”

Out of no where two vampire appeared and each of them took on of her hands. Grace started to attempt to fight them off but nothing seemed to work, no one budged and Brendon was getting closer with that needle. She shook her head at him and felt her stomach lurch.

She couldn’t go through that again. That feeling of not being able to control her body mixed with the feeling of sickness, the dizziness. No, she couldn’t and she tried to plead with Brendon, telling him she didn’t have the key but he didn’t really care. He was more into her fear kicking in almost instantly.

It was such a beautiful site.

He injected her with yet another sedative in the same bruised arm and she had before but he was surprised to she a few tears leave and roll down her cheeks. He was almost surprised but regardless, it was still amazing to see her unravel in front of him.

Her legs gave out first and the vampires held her up. Brendon gave the needle to one of the vampire as he guided her to the floor. She pushed her self away from him as best as she could but didn’t reach to far.

She groan as he pulled her back to him as he sat next to her, “Where is the key Grace?”

She continued to fight him, “I don’t…I…No.”

“Stop.” He held her wrists as she tired to fight him away but failing.

She turned her body away from him letting her wrists be bent in a painful way and letting a noise of discomfort out. Brendon let her go and let her attempt to move away from him watching her stumble as she tried to crawl away from him. It was an amusing sight he’ll admit but kind of boring. She wasn’t scared enough. He needed something more.

She was strong though, he’d give her that. As scared as she was she was still fighting him. Though he knew when she’d come around back to a normal state her wrists were going to ache and be as bruised as her arm. She’d be weaker then normal and when we moved to stage two of his plan she’d give up a lot easier and he could just focus on scaring her rather then having to be sure she can’t escape.

“You did this to your self Grace. Let me remind you of that. Yes, I set it up for you but you went after it.”

She had collapsed onto the floor and held her stomach. He knew it was making her nauseous but he didn’t care. She could handle it. She had more then that she should be concerned with. Because the next time he was hungry he was upping his game.

They’re be outside in William’s gardens and woods. The fear that would fall from her would leave a trail for him to follow and later take her down to get that blood. And if he wouldn’t get William to lift that death sentence on her he could just kill her and leave her there.

But that was a problem. He didn’t want to kill her. She was right, he wanted to continuously feed off of her. He could find other arrangements to keep her alive and all to his self. He’d have to be secret about it. That was if he could make sure William didn’t go looking to see if he killed her.

He silently cursed William for his powers.

He was going to have to carefully plan this if he wanted to plan this out. If he failed it was going to kill him. William won’t stand for betrayal. It was against everything he taught and he wouldn’t spare Brendon.

He slowly crawled over to Grace as she rolled over to her back, eyes searching the room with her pupils dilated. He grabbed the arm he had been feeding off in the past and sank in taking a decent amount to fill the small hunger while letting out a sound of contentment, enjoying that she couldn’t even fight him off. She was all his right now and he could do anything but all he wanted was this damn blood flowing through her and fuck, it was getting to him again.

“Brendon! You’re needed.” He pulled away and licked across the wounds as he saw Mike above him mouth now watering at the site, “Humans and a vampire are attacking the house.”

Brendon stood up looking down at her as she curled up into a small ball, “I’ll be up in a minute.”

***********
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Another long ass update. lol Hope you guys like, I know I do. Please comment and subscribe like you do. :3 Means so much to me I love it.
Predictions? And those who read the alternate version of chapter five? That bruised girl in this chapter is the one at the end of that alternate version. Just letting you know. For those who haven't read it, don't worry. lol